Will the developers Keep updating the Animal Behaviours?

The game has not come out and read articles that this will be more realistic animal in game history. So any clues on what we can expect? if the animals are not mindless Ai just how complex will it be? Will it become predictable after a while? I read that it is unscripted but i know other Ai that is unscripted but it still does not feel real. I know a bear in real life cannot be fully simulated in the game but i just want to know how close will it be in Planet zoo?

Will the developer keep building on the behaviour of the animal?
As i have never seen a game where each update behaviour become more complex.
I do not want this game to be release and the animals forgotten and that is all we can experience.
If the developer can keep building on it the animal can get close to the real thing. And fans can get to see more new behaviour traits in the animal
New content get release for game so why not more content update for the animals.
AI that follows the rules of a real bear so it has the ability to learn, do new tricks, want new types of food, etc.
there is already AI that is advance in learning so perhaps mapping it so it will simulate a real animal in the game.

This game could be a passionate project that last as long as there is interest to care and look after the animals. And many will cause we all like pets so we could have this virtual pet that takes over a real pet! :)

If the developers keep building on the behaviours it would be good to see how it would each of the animal turn out will they react like a real tiger for example? Be good to see how it develops if this can really be possible?

I want high complex animals then 200 different animals with standard AI.
Cause a few of these animals could provide way more fun and entertainment then 200 different one that will look and feel the same.
Programming these behavior will take time so i prefer the dev to spend more time adding more behaviour to current animals then bringing new animals out with almost the same AI.
And if there needs to be more then developer can keep updating but just don't stop updating and improving the animal old and new. :)

If the animals are that realistic as article have said then i hope they won't just stop after release. :)

Things like this can happen and go even deeper with the behaviour being added and improve with each new update. :)

Thank you for the insight in the behind the scenes of making the best zoo simulation game known as Planet Zoo!
This part excited me! "This results in animals displaying a wide array of real life behaviours, and interacting with each other, the guests, staff and especially you, the player!"
Could this mean that we can interact with the animals by feeding them, bathing them, and etc.?

Last edited:
StenellaDolphin just to let you know. In your quote from evolution the part "This results in animals displaying a wide array of real life behaviours, and interacting with each other, the guests, staff and especially you, the player!" has been updated in the developer post to read "Our animals display a wide array of behaviours in the game, which makes you feel that much closer to them!"

Thank you for all the likes everyone! :) I hope there is more! This would be a very demanding role on the developers as its not easy putting it all the behaviours of 50 animals. Wide array is not enough its the core that matters as shallow AI means shallow behaviour. Complex AI mean complex behaviours. :)

So i hope behind all the behaviour is a sophisticated AI where it does not just show off a few animation but it can do new things that the developer has not seen before and within the rules of a real tiger, bear, meerkat, etc

I hope the dev has not forgotten this as they can't have realistic animals with out a solid AI running it just like animal need a solid good intelligent brain to live. :)

And that is why i say that THEY will do something other dev have not done and BUILD on the AI the behaviours so it can grow over time. Do tricks that are not programmed. Even update the animation much later on so it happens in real time base on physic as one game has done this. So the animal can do movement not programmed into the animation. It just get less restricted over time so when the game is release it might be realistic but DO not stop THERE. Have a plan to further the behaviours so as said in a few years time it can come very close to the real thing. :)

Behaviours of animals can't just be programmed over night as it not just about an elephant hitting a ball or just doing something random the AI need sophisticated moods and needs. How each stage of the animals from birth to old age behaves?

So as i said i want quality over quantity not just mix and match behaviour across different species to make it look and feel different and this will take time over time so i hope the dev will keep updating even after release. Cause the fans will love it for years and years to come! :)

Can even update the guess too so everything is balance so the animals, guess, staff have all complex individualties with a complex AI software running it. :)

I am not expecting full blown realism when the game comes out but if the dev are inspired to do this well they educators, scientist will be hoarding your software to study these animals when they can't do it in real life! Zoo keepers can run your game and test out different things to get an approximate feel of what this species will do in a specific scenario. It will never be 100% but look at astronomy they have run simulation to try and understand how things works and they get things right like the black hole Einstein prediction was right when the first image of a black hole was reveal to the world. :)

So perhaps one day these animals will be sophisticated enough to be study on the computer! :)

But for now i just do not want the developer to stop developing their animals even after release if we can hear them talk about this that they want the same thing too that they will keep updating and tunning the old and new animals in the work that would be lovely! :)

Thank you for all the likes everyone! :) I hope there is more! This would be a very demanding role on the developers as its not easy putting it all the behaviours of 50 animals. Wide array is not enough its the core that matters as shallow AI means shallow behaviour. Complex AI mean complex behaviours. :)

So i hope behind all the behaviour is a sophisticated AI where it does not just show off a few animation but it can do new things that the developer has not seen before and within the rules of a real tiger, bear, meerkat, etc

I hope the dev has not forgotten this as they can't have realistic animals with out a solid AI running it just like animal need a solid good intelligent brain to live. :)

And that is why i say that THEY will do something other dev have not done and BUILD on the AI the behaviours so it can grow over time. Do tricks that are not programmed. Even update the animation much later on so it happens in real time base on physic as one game has done this. So the animal can do movement not programmed into the animation. It just get less restricted over time so when the game is release it might be realistic but DO not stop THERE. Have a plan to further the behaviours so as said in a few years time it can come very close to the real thing. :)

Behaviours of animals can't just be programmed over night as it not just about an elephant hitting a ball or just doing something random the AI need sophisticated moods and needs. How each stage of the animals from birth to old age behaves?

So as i said i want quality over quantity not just mix and match behaviour across different species to make it look and feel different and this will take time over time so i hope the dev will keep updating even after release. Cause the fans will love it for years and years to come! :)

Can even update the guess too so everything is balance so the animals, guess, staff have all complex individualties with a complex AI software running it. :)

I am not expecting full blown realism when the game comes out but if the dev are inspired to do this well they educators, scientist will be hoarding your software to study these animals when they can't do it in real life! Zoo keepers can run your game and test out different things to get an approximate feel of what this species will do in a specific scenario. It will never be 100% but look at astronomy they have run simulation to try and understand how things works and they get things right like the black hole Einstein prediction was right when the first image of a black hole was reveal to the world. :)

So perhaps one day these animals will be sophisticated enough to be study on the computer! :)

But for now i just do not want the developer to stop developing their animals even after release if we can hear them talk about this that they want the same thing too that they will keep updating and tunning the old and new animals in the work that would be lovely! :)
I think once an animal is released, they might finetune it, but won't add more animations to it. The same as with rides in Planco, they alter them when bugs are reported but they never get a complete overhaul or extra sequences.

Last edited:
While I'm sure this will be a great game. It's good to remember to keep your expectations in check or you are going to be disappointed.
I think once an animal is released, they might finetune it, but won't add more animations to it. The same as with rides in Planco, they alter them when bugs are reported but they never get a complete overhaul or extra sequences.
Not adding animation but the AI behaviour cause it be good to keep adding more behavior to their animal then just new content as EA Sim does this but in not so friendly way. Elite has been updating with new content so the universe gets bigger cause who knows how the zoo game will grow perhaps a sequel but the demand will be there cause the animal will get boring just like planet coaster things get boring after a while.

So this will be a good thing for the game! :) And to see how closely the animal can be like in real life! Sims fan will go wild for years to come!

Top Bottom