Why is the bug a bug? :D Thargoids at Rescue Ship!

A Thargoid Cyclops appears to follow a CMDR in a Cobra III into SC from a USS, back to the Rescue mega-ship in Merope.

There it appears to become docile after its Thargons are destroyed/the Cobra docks.

it chases the Cobra when he undocks, but appears not to attack it.

Cobra FSD's out, Thargoid appears to scan his wake and then get stuck innitiating its own wake-out.

It is eventually destroyed.

It seemed to obey NFZ rules, at least after the Cobra undocked, and anyone attacking it close to the Mega ship got the usual NFZ warnings/fines.

Weird.

- I only 'skim watched' it, so I may have missed some finer details.

Last edited:
Since these things have been declared an enemy and a threat, why are commanders getting fined for firing on them? I know about the NFZ rules, but that should be waived if firing on a declared threat.

Since these things have been declared an enemy and a threat, why are commanders getting fined for firing on them? I know about the NFZ rules, but that should be waived if firing on a declared threat.
Leaving aside the disagreements to be had about "the Thargoid menace", presumably because its a bug and shouldn't even be there, so the 'station' just treats it like any other ship.

I'd love for it to be some 'next stage' thargoid gameplay that has glitched out into open briefly, but we won't know for a while yet, I guess [alien]

Thx for the summary, SpaceGoblin!
No problem CMDR - was on lunch at work, so didn't have time for a full review, but it seemed interesting enough to elaborate for others :cool:

Last edited:
Thx for the summary, SpaceGoblin!

Sorry too, I am not that familiar with the tone around here, but if it's too annoying for you to watch it, DON'T WATCH IT! ;)
Cool video! Repped. Wonder what would have happened if CMDR D. Duck had attempted to enter the Thargoid wake...and accidentally HW-k to one of those--currently Unknown Permit locked--sectors or nearby a Thargoid base or Mothership.

I know their FSD tech is not compatible w/ours but with a bug you never know...[squeeeee]

I tried it but it had similar effect to flying into strong air flow. Rotation around all axis and after about 500ms release in random direction - this all without any damage to the ship.

Only devs know what is really in the scripts. There can still be something what community didn't test and I think anything is worth of testing it. And because I am developer too - every developer sometimes add at least little own Easter egg to the code [noob]

Wonder what would have happened if CMDR D. Duck had attempted to enter the Thargoid wake...and accidentally HW-k to one of those--currently Unknown Permit locked--sectors or nearby a Thargoid base or Mothership.
In another occasion this "plate" of the thargoid wake remained after the Thargoid jumped out. This happened months ago at one of the barnacle forests.

The "hole" was like a plate floating in space and you could bounce into it from both sides...

Because digital justice has no concept of mercy. IE red light cameras at intersections

Top Bottom