Who is wiping save for the update.

I have a 3rd copy which I was hoping to get a friend join in playing, now very tempted to activate it just to get to play in the new system to see how many 'old' CMDRs have found their way in, I would reset my alt but just in case a reset doesn't get you there...

All the grind again? Just to find out again you need to engineer the crap out of your stuff to be able to progress? No thx.
I guess the amount of engineering needed depends on what is considered 'progress' - there is no formal progress in this game bar moving up ranks toward elite from the initial peasant status. It isn't as if there is a fixed storyline progression so imaginary achievements have to be set by the player :)

I really want to see the new starter systems, and I barely have three million RN anyway. LOL
Those new systems look boring. The new trade tools, however... But I'm filthy rich now, so I'm not sure I have much motivation to become a trader, unless I go "full dark" and become a ship-losing griefer / pirate.

So yeah, there is a part of me tempted to start a new CMDR (they are free on PS4, just like EBL) so I can do some trading when it most matters - as a POOR Commander.

Not planning to clear my save deliberately. But I have done it accidentally on occasion, so I'm mildly curious to see if the new start screen design has included moving 'Clear Save' to somewhere where it can't so easily be clicked by accident while making many, many changes in 'Controls' which is currently located right above it on the main menu.

Am so tempted sometimes, but then I remember the engineer grind and jump backwards like a scared chicken.

I did consider wiping my credit balance and getting rid of all my assets though. Maybe some day, when I'm really bored.

PS starter systems will look like any other - I mean FDev couldn't be bothered to make Founder's World look/feel unique so I doubt the noobs will get special treatment (and for them it's all new anyways).

Never clear your main. Just buy an alt account that could be used for that. If the alt account appeals you more than the main, then next time you get the urge you can wipe that one. I think there is still discount on Steam for Horizons. There was recently nice discount on Steam...

Last edited:
Never clear your main. Just buy an alt account that could be used for that. If the alt account appeals you more than the main, then next time you get the urge you can wipe that one. I think there is still discount on Steam for Horizons. There was recently nice discount on Steam...
I spent an absolute fortune on vanity items on the Frontier store, no way in hell am I going to do this again on a second account (I also don't believe I should be paying for what's essentially a second save slot, sans all the store items as they don't carry over. If they would, I could be persuaded).

This update might just see the end of my Elite Dangerous career for good. Massive FPS hit except for super cruise. Module priority broken, ship restock, broken, guardian shield boosters broken, I'll just dump my stuff at the door.

I cleared my main account ... I hadn't progressed far. I'm not one for rushing things, and the most I'd done since last clearing my save was grind Empire rank to get a Clipper.

Top Bottom