What’s the most dangerous thing in ED?

Nothing is scary in Elite if you have an escape plan.

In 1.0 I jumped into a system that had a neutron star. Back then you arrived at the same point as jumping in to a normal star. The neutron star flung my ship about 100LS away in a flat spin and I lost 20% hull. Now that was scary but it was "back in the day". Now, I jump into a neutron star system and just point and jump out.

BTW back in 1.0 the graphic for a neutron star was brilliant and after it tried to kill me, I flew back and scanned it. Hardy bunch explorers. The thrill at the time was amazing. Now its all bland......

To me it's falling asleep while 3 meters above the landing pad and in FA Off. Never died so far (knocking on wood) but had some scary moments. My masterpiece would be a successful docking maneuver without waking up. :D

To me it's falling asleep while 3 meters above the landing pad and in FA Off. Never died so far (knocking on wood) but had some scary moments. My masterpiece would be a successful docking maneuver without waking up. :D
I died once landing at an outpost. I decided to snap a picture of my newly customized AspX while hovering over the landing pad. I must have exceeded the time limit to land, because as soon as I snapped back out of camera mode, I saw the rebuy screen, didn't see my ship get blown up or anything, just the screen, what a jip. It was one of my all time dumb ED moments, in all it's glory. It could be a meme with the nerdy kid with glasses: snaps selfie of ship, gets blown up in the process

Top Bottom