What game are we all playing instead of E:D?

You cant really compare them. Apart from the plot, RDR2 is a whole other experience. Playing RDR1 today makes me realise how far the industry has evolved. RDR2 is just light years ahead of its predecessor.

One of the things that stands out when playing RDR on my 360 is the horrendous aliasing. I can imagine 4k on the X looks a lot smoother.
No doubt mouse is better, but it's by no means realistic. Nobody can move their head as fast as one can with a mouse. The controller implements inertia that adds some realism to our characters. That said, the controller requires something the mouse doesn't - not just fine motor skills but also fine timing skills. To move our head / gunsights with a controller, you have to push it in a certain direction for a specific amount of time and stop. A mouse just needs to be moved to a predefined location IRL to correspond to a point on the screen, which admittedly is more realistic to how moving our actual heads / hands work. Though after years with the controller, this timing becomes second nature.

It took me a long time to "git gud" with a controller, and even then there are limits. I definitely don't have the fine control aiming rails in FA-off using a controller that I would with a mouse, for example. I don't know if a HOTAS would be better or worse. Then again, I have no interest in flying a spaceship with a mouse, LOL. And as I previously mentioned, when playing PvP on console, everyone is working with the same physical limitations, so while it may be harder for me to snipe, it's also harder for someone else to snipe me. There's nothing quite as frustrating as being insta-sniped on PC because someone is using a gaming mouse with programmed curves and perhaps even cough, cough an aimbot, cough.

But I know where you're coming from, because I fought against console myself in the early days, using many of the same arguments you and others are making. The majority of my friends were on console, however, and PCs have their own negatives, so I made the switch and all these years later very much enjoy my overall gaming experience.
I got one of these for FPS games on PC...analogue thumbstick for character movement plus 20 odd macro buttons at your fingertips...mouse for headlook...combined with the Tobii 4C eyetracker for games like ARMA 3 and others that support freelook.

Last edited:
I got one of these for FPS games on PC...analogue thumbstick for character movement plus 20 odd macro buttons at your fingertips...mouse for headlook...combined with the Tobii 4C eyetracker for games like ARMA 3 and others that support freelook.

Been looking for an external USB controller to use with Elite's FSS and mode changing and stuff. How much does one of those cost?

What other games?

If only post were genuine. Is this a millennial/post millennial thing.

There is actually a metric to measure forum trollish post.

Well, it's been nearly five months.

Still playing ESO every day.

Yep'. I've got a new favourite alright!

Did my first veteran hard-mode dungeon yesterday night. It went... Better than expected. Only died a couple times. Great PuG too. I was DD with my brother-in-law, and the PuG healer and tank were great! Being polite in chat gets you a long way in MMOs.

Also got promoted in the guild. Nice to feel appreciated. Great lads and lasses there.

I have ESO too. Haven’t played it in a while; I am waiting for the Elswyer DLC to drop before I start afresh.
You're in for a treat. ESO is in fantastic shape right now. I cannot recommend the game enough, especially on PC.

We have so many players on PC EU that for a time a log-in queue had to be implemented for a few days, until the server capacity could be increased! XD

Couldn't comment. Too much time has passed since I last played on console, and that was before the XB1X was even unveiled.

But the hardware is adequate so I reckon you'll be fine.

I'm back to Elite after a very long break, and it's not the first time I take a break just because I like rotating my favourite games like Warframe, The Division (2), old manegement games like Colonization (hard modded) and Pizza Tycoon, VR titles like Robo Recall, The Climb, AeroflyFS2, Lone Echo. I play so many titles that sometime I sit at my PC with no idea what to play...but Elite Dangerous lives deep in my heart and I keep coming back and having a blast, VR only.

I'm back to Elite after a very long break, and it's not the first time I take a break just because I like rotating my favourite games like Warframe, The Division (2), old manegement games like Colonization (hard modded) and Pizza Tycoon, VR titles like Robo Recall, The Climb, AeroflyFS2, Lone Echo. I play so many titles that sometime I sit at my PC with no idea what to play...but Elite Dangerous lives deep in my heart and I keep coming back and having a blast, VR only.
I can kind of relate to this.
Elite is the only stable resident on my PC and I'm rotating a ton of other games. Currently ME Andromeda, Division 2, AC Odyssey, JWE, Cities Skylines, Anthem, Frontier Pilot sim, Beat Saber, Moss, MudRunner, Marvelous Miss Take. Prey, Dishonored 2, Remember Me, and SotTR. And yes, sometimes I spend 20 minutes staring at the desktop, wondering what should I play. Many times it's Elite (Although I haven't played for a couple of days, because I have a weird problem with VA after an update) and sometimes I decide to play something that I don't have installed, so then it is Elite until the other games is downloaded. :)

Anyone here played much of this:

Pathfinder Kingmaker

It interests me a lot but might be a bit confounding and difficult to understand. Bearing in mind my usual fare is Divinity Original Sin type levels of difficulty.

Recently, my "idle game" of the past two-and-a-half years, which was a "free to play" game of the "buy more stamina to do stuff" variety, just went into maintenance mode. Needing a new game for certain parts of the day when I'm at home but the bulk of my attention (or at the very least, my hands) is elsewhere, and following the announcement of Green Mars, I'm giving Surviving Mars another whirl.

Maybe this time, I'll see just how large I can make a colony, rather than abandoning the save after it reaches self sufficiency. ;)

Recently, my "idle game" of the past two-and-a-half years, which was a "free to play" game of the "buy more stamina to do stuff" variety, just went into maintenance mode. Needing a new game for certain parts of the day when I'm at home but the bulk of my attention (or at the very least, my hands) is elsewhere, and following the announcement of Green Mars, I'm giving Surviving Mars another whirl.

Maybe this time, I'll see just how large I can make a colony, rather than abandoning the save after it reaches self sufficiency. ;)
TESO?
Or World of Waships.
But yeah, these small relaxing games like Surviving Mars are fun as well. I've played one quite similar a year or so ago. Unfortunately I can't recall what it was called, because I don¨t have Steam installed atm. but it was also a colony builder/manager on an alien planet. Great fun.

TESO?
Or World of Waships.
But yeah, these small relaxing games like Surviving Mars are fun as well. I've played one quite similar a year or so ago. Unfortunately I can't recall what it was called, because I don¨t have Steam installed atm. but it was also a colony builder/manager on an alien planet. Great fun.
If you're thinking of the same one I am, it might have been Planetbase.

I enjoyed the first one, but this new one with all that focus on "combos" and "powers" gives me a bad feeling...

I'll probably try a "temporary" copy before deciding if it's worth a buy.
I pre ordered, but won't have time to give it a proper spin until Friday. I'll give a first impressions report as soon as I have.

In the meantime I've dusted off my long neglected copy of Pillars of Eternity and am having a blast.

I pre ordered, but won't have time to give it a proper spin until Friday. I'll give a first impressions report as soon as I have.

In the meantime I've dusted off my long neglected copy of Pillars of Eternity and am having a blast.
Pillars of Eternity was kind of an eye-opening experience for me. When they first came out I was stoked, played it, enjoyed the story a lot and then... stopped playing it. It was a moment I realized how old and lazy I got. Too slow, too much reading of small text,... it's too slow and too hard for me, now. Same with Baldur's gate - my all time favourite game.
I'm ashamed of myself. 😒

Top Bottom