What game are we all playing instead of E:D?

Getting the rust off my city building/resource management playing Townsmen, in preparation for the incoming release of Tropico 6 which I foresee playing for quite a while until The Outer Worlds finally releases in the summer.

Just got dishonored in the Steam sale for a couple of quid...£7.99 for the definitive edition. I had this on Xbox but never got into it, now I'm wondering why...it's pretty good :)
The sequel is equally as good if not better. Well worth buying also if you are into more of this.

The sequel is equally as good if not better. Well worth buying also if you are into more of this.
I got the complete package on Steam for around 50 quid..that's Dishonored with all the DLC and additions, Dishonored®: Death of the outsider™ plus Dishonored 2... 3 games for the price of 1.

I may be some time :)

Last edited:
Dark Souls III, again. Praise the sun.
Nice. I just finished DS1 after something like 200 hours on and off over around 3 years. Immediately started up DS2 and have been thoroughly absorbed. DS2 has a bad reputation and it's for sure dumber, uglier, and more arcadey; but I've been having a blast playing it in coop and treating it like a coin-op brawler ala Final Fight or Knights of the Round.

I got the complete package on Steam for around 50 quid..that's Dishonored with all the DLC and additions, Dishonored®: Death of the outsider™ plus Dishonored 2... 3 games for the price of 1.

I may be some time :)
I'm jealous actually. I'd love to replay them for first time myself. Arkane are great developers, they push gameplay envelopes and possibilities whilst still maintaining high quality story writing. Now if only I could nudge them away from clap trappy American voice actors.

Nice. I just finished DS1 after something like 200 hours on and off over around 3 years. Immediately started up DS2 and have been thoroughly absorbed. DS2 has a bad reputation and it's for sure dumber, uglier, and more arcadey; but I've been having a blast playing it in coop and treating it like a coin-op brawler ala Final Fight or Knights of the Round.
I consider Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition one of my all time favorite games. Ultimately the follow up doesn't belong in the same category, though it is quite good. In many ways Dark Souls III might be the best of the trilogy. I can't get enough of it's cursed kingdom and Lord's of Cinder, and faster paced combat. Plus, the creature design is unparalleled. And the replay value... basically it's video gaming at it's finest.

Taking a break from ED so because I am on the Cyberpunk 2077 hype train I have reinstalled Witcher3 for the 3rd time to give it a good go and get into it.

After a week of playing it I can see why it’s loved. 1st class story telling and play is as fast/slow and deep as I want. Not long arrived in the big city and it is stunning.

For the 1st time in a long time I had a weekend without anything going on.
I played Civ IV, not BTS, vanilla, and it was engaging. I spent all Sat and most of Sun on laptop playing 2 marathon games.
I love that game.
It was years since I heard the opening song, because I usually play BTS.
Love the choice of music in Civ IV.
My religion spreading sound (Hinduism) drove my wife insane.
Haha.

Last edited:
I may get back to FSX as soon as I can find my lost "fsx:accleration" keycode. I'm still playing ED as pretty much the only game although I strayed and took occasional breaks with FarCry5 and Fallout4(holiday bundle) last year , and Stellaris(trek addon) & XCOM2 the year before that.

Last edited:
Fallout 4 (again) got the two dlc's I diddnt own plus a lot of the mods I use have been updated. I have finally got further than any other playthroughs and have yet to touch Nuka World or Far Harbour. [smile]
Fallout4's settlements feature was impressive to me. I liked "growing" them, outfitting and arming the npc settlers and building and expanding the living and defensive structures. I forgot about the main storyline and just did the settlements after a while during my holiday season break from ED. It would be neat if spacelegs comes with the ED 2020 upgrade or later, if we could do something similar with personal farms or at least a kiosk or plaza stores on orbis rings. I've yet to see Nuka World or Far Harbour too. I've redone the "Corvega" plant raid a bunch of times though as part of the settlement "radiant" generated quests.

Last edited:
Aside of playing World of Warships, I now bought Skyrim VR.

Properly modded it, including natural locomotion, took a deep dive, and... after not using VR for a month, I got properly dizzy. Wine didn't help either. Moving 3d in the landscape tested my VR worthiness, and I thought I'm already through getting used to it!

Certainly the game requires commiment, but I guess/hope it will be rewarding. Oh, and I almost soiled myself the first time I was attacked by wolfes!

I guess i would play ED if i could afford to play it ;)
But even then i wouldn't have much time to play.
And foremost i have no access to internet at home, i'm posting from my moms home.
To play online doesn't makes much sense to me.

No question if i play i play "Phoenix" i have to test that stuff.

Or some very old games and by old i do mean old.
from time to time i like to play:
  • SC2000, Streets, SimCopter, i designed many Cities for the latter two and race scenarios for Streets, it seems that i like the work more as to play.
  • Lords of the Realm, round based strategy is relaxing - very relaxing, i dunno how often i played this already and i'm still not bored of this boring game, i guess it's just because of "victory guaranteed".
  • Games from my first console Intellivision, i like the unreleased games best, i.e. even if buggy as hell "Tower of Mystery" is a great game, a procedural generated role- playing. "Space Shuttle?" (working title) i would have loved with 16, it's great to play a game and you won't know what is to expect of it.
  • FE2, i still like very much, i wouldn't say i play it often but each year for up to a month.

the genuine old school retro-gamer ;)

But like i said recently "Phoenix" doesn't leaves much time for playing something else.
Distracted i get here or anywhere else in web.

"AD&D Tower of Mystery" i like much because it's procedural generated and in the original version as buggy as it is it's fully generated (i guess that's wha it is so buggy). But it's a great paragon for me, i like how everething depends on your acting and that you start with a blank character, everything depends on how you act in the game, trader magician or warrior, honestly i use the strongest weapon i can obtain and i'm poopoo in bargaining, better cut heads rightaway but you will face through that much harder enemies. Later it was released by "INTV" as "Tower of Doom" without the branding of TSR hobbies "advanced dungeons and dragons". They removed the bugs and left a selection screen where you select your character from novice to warlord. While advanced "AD&D ToM" had a screen where you can enter the numbers on which the level or game which will be generated, probably a developers tool probably it was ment as element of the game, because if you master the tower this screen will be shown to you containing the key(s) for the last level you played. I didn't managed it yet, but since everything is based on expressions it must be possible to find the original "magical number" which will be the key to the game, i managed it to step back two or three levels but then i stuck. It is stated that it would have been the first game where you could enter your name (for what purpose? it will be flushed after a reset), but that's not true, but you could enter the character you wish to play with if the "magic number" is known. Proper made i could guess of to enter a name and generate a character from this, yes. So Gernot won't be the same to play as Philipp. Time was to short for the developer to complete the game as he intented it, unfortunately. It's only payable emulated, you need to dump the game after each level because it will crash often, touch the wrong item in your pack (just touch it even not use it) and it's over. You will never know what the purpose of an item is, sure a flask is a potion but what sort? dead? invincibility? "tastes like spinach"? (or simply crash the game because it runs in a dead end). Interesting also how certain magic works, a mortar used in the right place will forge your weapon to maximum, but if carried around it will slow you down and rob slowly life from you. Some magical items accumulate power some repell the other. "thunder sticks" are the most powerful weapon but mostly you will kill yourself with them.

Also i like much to play "Number Jumble" it was unreleased until a couple of years ago, it's a shoot 'em up maths hybrid and ment as educational game for the whole family. You can set the skill for each player seperate so a 7year old can win against his dad. The arithmetics reach from 0 x 1 = ? to 349 +? / 3 = 117.
The dev stated that he had the idea because he was pushed in the educational branch but liked to make a shooter and that he is himself not very versatile in basic maths. 0 /, x, appears very often in the lowest skill, which is imho needed so many ppl get fooled by 1 x 0 or 1 / 0 you won't believe.

edit:
great it turns to poopoo ;)

Last edited:
pardon me
one for the x-box fan boys :)

oh i see it's cut (???)

"don't you miss the days of plug and play gaming?"

Last edited:
I have been playing Division 2 since it came out, so I'm not keeping up with DW2, my ship is still parked around Sag A*

But I'm still aiming for Beagle Point, just a bit distracted at the moment :)

Last edited:
I'm on my second play-through of Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3. They were just taking up space in my steam library, so I decided to see why there was all the fuss about the MS3 ending was about and have played through with a 'Fem Shep' and I'm now working my way through with a 'Male Shep'.

I really wish I'd got into it sooner because its been the best single player RPG experience I've had (even better that KOTOR and Deus Ex) and the Multiplayer side of things isn't really a thing anymore. For me, the ME3 ending was nowhere near as bad as has been made out and it didn't stop me from starting the second play through. Once I've done the second play-through (and the Citadel DLC), I'll mark MAss Effect off as done and return to ED properly but I will miss the characters and setting. Certainly an example of when Bioware were at their best.

Top Bottom