Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I am only playing in solo mode up until I get the combat elite....so Mr Tyres o' don't take this the wrong way.
Moved my ships from Jameson Memorial to this new place with all the bling you could want right out side the front door.
Short trip to work, long trip to sell. Hoping to stay till December. And will try to own every thing by then.
View attachment 143299View attachment 143300

This is MINTEC Research , a very nice ring mining Python. In built run away mode for interdiction fleeing....
View attachment 143301
Cool paintjob! (y)

I really like flying the Python. It's just a very well built ship. Have you noticed how relatively quiet it is inside the cockpit? Sort of like the sound insulation in a modern car, whereas some of the other ships "sound like" an old Ford model A. Charming at first, but after some time you get tired of the mechanical noises. Flying the Pyhton is more like the interior sound of a modern Rolls Royce. Furthermore (repeating myself) I just love that the cockpit is so dark, giving an excellent view of the Universe outside. It's a proper spaceship!

Btw. The paint on the Python seems to be made out of titanium enforced kevlar, but I managed to get it down to 0%. Quite beautiful patina:

Last edited:
Nope. Its a fail apparently.
I used to program back when a few kilobytes of memory was "standard", and I remember how difficult it was not to get an error sneak in somewhere. With the amount of lines of code in something like ED, I'm astonished that it even runs. People need to chill. ;)

Edit: Generally I think the internet has been a disappointment, similar to reality TV, but once in a while you stumble upon small gems :)

Last edited:
I like to explore different programming languages, ranged from octal machine code flipped in through the switches near the flashing lights(not leds)
basic, asembler, jcl, Arexx, Elang, processing.org, java, python, android...
Still waiting for an AI language to have a discussion about why it should take the next... when this do this for a loop until I say stop...

Back in the game updated, ooh i got 80 arx ? from the test run...

I like to explore different programming languages, ranged from octal machine code flipped in through the switches near the flashing lights(not leds)
basic, asembler, jcl, Arexx, Elang, processing.org, java, python, android...
Still waiting for an AI language to have a discussion about why it should take the next... when this do this for a loop until I say stop...

Back in the game updated, ooh i got 80 arx ? from the test run...
Many years ago I used to work with one of these:

We've come a long way!

Only problem i've had since the servers came back up is losing stars again.I tucked up at five jumps from EA and logged in at eight.Not even on the neutron path.No neutrons in sight,in fact.Only difference i've noticed is the throttle chevrons.
Maybe because i've not landed anywhere. Might give EA a miss,then.

So how many ARX points do I have to buy to get my stored engineered modules back?
And how many more do I have to buy to be able to gather mined materials without getting kicked off the server each time one hits the cargo scoop?
Oh, and who took the 97% of a Gold unit out of my strangely empty 6 bucket refinery which was fine when I parked up at Jameson Memorial overnight? Was that used to buy ARX? If so, where would I find them so I can put it toward the upgrade fix fee, please?

How much is the upgrade fix fee in ARX anyway? Do we pay per bug or what?

<gets wallet out, grits teeth, raises a middle finger, decides to do some housework instead>

Last edited:
Today, I am mostly looking to see where all my COVAS's went to and why all the engineering has been removed from my stored modules. Other folk are reporting the same; so many, in fact, it's like millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenty silenced.
Don't panic!

According to the messages from FD, the engineering is still there - it's just not shown in the various cockpit/outfitting menus for some players (I had everything more or less as I remembered yesterday evening).

Looks like exploration is The Favoured Career. Out here beyond Colonia ED is working perfectly for me, no bugs... and I got a shiny new speed indicator. I'm not equipped for mining so unaffected by that. Far from civilization so no access to stored modules (and TBH I couldn't tell you if any are/were engineered). As far as I can tell Codex is working as expected.

I've bought a few ship paints over the years but with a fleet that totals four ships it will be a while before I need any more.

By the time I get back to Colonia I expect the gamebreakers to be fixed. All is happy in my corner of the galaxy :D

While people were naggin' I tried the Chieftain with only frags at a CNB. Great fun but only against larger ships. The Elite Vipers are difficult to hit with fixed weapons, even frags, and they're even harder to get close to. On larger less maneuverable ships however, those frags are fun! :D

I decided to risk it in the end.Had a curious time logging in.(PS4,so options are limited,but more or less automatic.Blue screen/error/report).
No joy after 3 attempts,but the ps4 provides a seperate button on the consol start screen to start the game,also a trending section where you can watch others playing.Opening that showed a third button to play as an option.I clicked it and Bingo! Game runs fine! (ish)
I expect they'll fix it in the next couple of days.

So in the end i made it to EA and there's an NSP proto-lagrange cloud complete with bio signs. These turned out to be not,as i expected, another variation of the mollusc family,but dancing balls of light..
the LO4 anomaly.They are quite hard to spot until you get quite close to them.They don't seem to show up in NV,either so used radar and mk1.

When i unshipped the xeno-scanner i got a shock,though.
I have the wrong piece of kit.(can never remember what the right piece of kit is called,but its the one that shoots limpets to take samples that i thought i had with me.) Must have left it back in Colonia. Doh!

Fortunately,the composition scanner worked on the anomaly, after a fashion, but there was no sound effect or notification that scanning was complete.
The one i met seemed quite lively and we danced for a while,before it dashed off.They are quite swift.I'm going to have a proper look tomorrow, before visiting the big hole at the centre of the galaxy.

Top Bottom