Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I took an interesting mission today, something I hadn't tried before. It was an assassination mission, but it was marked as "Biohazard Target". The guy was apparently infected with something nasty, and I was being paid to eliminate him. I guess he refused treatment or whatever.

I tried to track down the guy, but I didn't see a mission target at first. My ship said it was detected, but...nope. I opened the FSS to have a look, and got interdicted. "Military Interdiction" it said.

The mission target was part of the group that interdicted me. They were all Clean in the system, so I became the lawbreaker when I attacked my target.

It was a wing of 3, and my target was in a Corvette, so they were not simple pirates. The local security forces warped in at some point and joined the fight, so I had quite a tussle on my hands for a while. It was a bit more than I expected, but I managed to kill the one guy I needed to kill, and then I jumped on out of there.

I returned to the originating station, where they considered me a hero. Funny to think that in the next system over I was considered a murderer. Did I save thousands of lives by killing that one guy? I guess I'll never really know :)

Morning all! Haven't been around much, recently, owing to building work at home, but here's a question if you don't mind:

Our eldest son (14) is Fifa-mad, so has recently twisted my arm into me getting Xbox Live, so he can play on a team his school friends have put together. Thing is, in the margins of setting that up on (my old, now) his Xbox One, that also means that I have Xbox Live on my own Xbox One X. So that throws up the possibility of me starting to play in Open (hitherto I have been a Solo player). My question (and I realise, with apologies, that I could have left out the entire domestic insight/Xbox chatter, as the question stands alone) - my current ship is an Orca, so is switching to Open suicidal? I hear so many tales of big fish picking on small fish that I fear I might just be blasted to smithereens as soon as I leave space dock. I realise that I can simply try, but thought I'd see whether anyone in here has a view?

The Orca has weapons and shields and I'm not a complete idiot as a pilot, but it is configured for exploration and passenger runs - I don't kid myself that I can hold my own in a fight against anyone with intent and better equipment. (Can boost to almost 600, though, and engineering not yet complete, so getting the heck out of Dodge will be an option, sometimes).

Thanks in advance, Commanders.

o7
Not on bone so can only give insight into console play;rarely fly big ships,so again not much help;and lastly the combat itch...again,not a skill i've ever felt the need for,or the desire to scratch,similar trade.
On the plus side,I have a little experience of open play,(about a year on pc (32bit) /so technically i still have a core game account on steam/) ,and probably about the same on PS.
And of course the fourth dimension here on the forums. :giggle:

I took an interesting mission today, something I hadn't tried before. It was an assassination mission, but it was marked as "Biohazard Target". The guy was apparently infected with something nasty, and I was being paid to eliminate him. I guess he refused treatment or whatever.

I tried to track down the guy, but I didn't see a mission target at first. My ship said it was detected, but...nope. I opened the FSS to have a look, and got interdicted. "Military Interdiction" it said.

The mission target was part of the group that interdicted me. They were all Clean in the system, so I became the lawbreaker when I attacked my target.
Rofl.and im'm only halfway through.

The End of The Affair.

🍿

=============================================================

Moved to Lore.

Attachments

Last edited:
I hesitate to say this, but yesterday I randomly saw an HGE near me and dropped into it. It had a state of "War" I remember.

Anyway, I found 15 Military Supercapacitors in it. I wasn't looking for them, but hey, I stuck around and mostly filled up on them for later.

RNG is so fun, eh?

Yup, its universe conspiring against me.

I used to think the universe was against me too, preventing me from finding arsenic and selenium. Then I got myself learned and can now spit in the universe's eye*

* but only in my imagination as doing it for real would result in Something Very Bad coming for me.

Orange Mopheed disagrees with own speech?
Have you heard?it's in the stars.Yesterday we aligned with brass.
Well did yu ever what a swell paty this is.
Finally got around to visiting Cacosa
there was a lot of interference
grow forth for a florin,
it was so bad it was screwing with the cache.

Last edited:
I suppose it's just "one of those things" but I often wonder why, sometimes, the game takes a while to load when it usually does so in seconds - I mean, the "warming phase" and "shaders" thing... ah well.

Anyway, a short sojourn at J. crashite and my Adaptive Encrypstions Capture's are back at 100. Next: more missions for cash. Or perhaps more HGE's for funsies. Or do I crank out the 'Conda for some HRES giggles? Oooh, I know! Needle clusters!

Top Bottom