Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

It's amazing that, at geo sites, there are so many cobbles, needles etc. up slopes too steep to reach.
And so annoying when you do manage to fluke your way to them that they are ones you are maxed out on.

Which reminds me when the universe is switched back on I must swap some of my grade 5 elements for ones on my pinned list.

Training a new fighter pilot 'cause I got greedy in an AX zone. The second interceptor only had one heart left and I was blinded by that even though my sensible instincts were telling me I should have bugged out after the first.

Sitting on a space station, with my 2 current ships, waiting for the patch to go live and i can add stuff to them both.

Federal Corvette
(my dedicated PVE build)

Diamondback Explorer
(my dedicated explorer ship with 66ly jump range)

Sitting on a space station, with my 2 current ships, waiting for the patch to go live and i can add stuff to them both.

Federal Corvette
(my dedicated PVE build)

Diamondback Explorer
(my dedicated explorer ship with 66ly jump range)
I know I should appreciate the DBX more but that engine sound, to me, is so awful, I just can't bear flying her :(

It has its downfalls but all ships have.
I have relied on the Krait Phantom for exploration more than any other ship but with this patch adding 2 small slots i decided to give her another go and definatly its more fun to use than the other one.
Since it is a medium pad ship it will only get 1 small slot added - only the small ships get two.

Mate, it uses the small landing pads, its the biggest ship that can do that, but it does uses small pads.

It is a medium pad ship.

The largest small pad ship is the Cobra MkIV

It is a medium pad ship.
Ok mate that is were u are mistaken...

I was refering to the DBX (Diamondback Explorer), wich is the ship i got waiting for the update and will be taking out with the 2 new class 1 slots, not the phantom, the phantom was the one i normally used for exploration, but im now on the DBX again, ence the issue. ;)

It is a medium pad ship.
I think he meant the DBX, which is kinda known for its internals being the only thing that hold it back from being the objectively ideal explorer.

Ok mate that is were u are mistaken...

I was refering to the DBX (Diamondback Explorer), wich is the ship i got waiting for the update and will be taking out with the 2 new class 1 slots, not the phantom, the phantom was the one i normally used for exploration, but im now on the DBX again, ence the issue. ;)
Sorry, I misinterpreted your sentence.

Yes the DBX is going to be quite something with an aditional two small slots.

Talking of extra slots... I can't wait to experiment with the ADC and SCA... not sure of their usefulness yet but a little play with new toys is always welcome!

Talking of extra slots... I can't wait to experiment with the ADC and SCA... not sure of their usefulness yet but a little play with new toys is always welcome!
The supercruise autopilot could be useful for long-haulers. Kind of like cruise control for lorry drivers.
But the parking assistant, nah. I don't trust my piece of metal to keep itself from harm in presence of other pieces of metal. :LOL:

with this patch adding 2 small slots
That's a really interesting point... I've been engineering my Phantom and she's up to about 66ly while still having the luxuries of a double SRV bay and 32t tank, but it's only going to gain 1 slot (which will add the double luxury of a redundant repair unit).

But relatively, the DBX gains more, and I've never had one yet. Will ponder what I could make with one :)

That's a really interesting point... I've been engineering my Phantom and she's up to about 66ly while still having the luxuries of a double SRV bay and 32t tank, but it's only going to gain 1 slot (which will add the double luxury of a redundant repair unit).

But relatively, the DBX gains more, and I've never had one yet. Will ponder what I could make with one :)
My DBX is doing exactly 66Ly now and that is the value ill run it on, but i did set it to use the max size equipment i can fit, if a person runs class 3 instead of 4, and D-rate some stuff it breaks the 70Ly easily (with the GFSDB), i didnt on mine since i preffer losing a little jump range but have speed and maneuvability at the max.

This patch actually brings a all new set of fun to the game in the outfitting department, since we can do alot in all the ships, take the DBX for instance, ill give my example, i got the discovery scanner using up a class 2 slot, that will be freed by the adition of the 2 class 1 slots, but i run a 2G planetary hangar in a class 3 slot, so with the change i can get that to the class 2 slot and be left with a extra free class 3 slot to use... (same goes for my federal corvette, if i ran a discovery scanner on it, its taking up a class 3 slot, wich will be now freed, in mine im not running that since its a total PVE build, but u get my point).
In other ships similar arrangements will occur, wich enables u to do alot.

My Phantom "only" does 53lys as it has no Guardian FSD (I'll get to it one day I suppose) but that, at least for now, is plenty. When I start (maybe) planning voyages to galaxies far, far away, maybe I'll see what this Guardian malarky is all about.

My Phantom "only" does 53lys as it has no Guardian FSD (I'll get to it one day I suppose) but that, at least for now, is plenty. When I start (maybe) planning voyages to galaxies far, far away, maybe I'll see what this Guardian malarky is all about.
Simply putting it, the best thing one can putt on if u are into exploring...
The DBX only takes a class 4, i got the class 5 on the Federal Corvette and that enables that my otherwise stranded PVE build, be able to go places.

My Phantom is even sub-50LY, My DBX is just over. I don't like making my ships paper thin just for the sake of a couple of lightyears. I like proper shields, proper engines, extra SRVs, etc. So I can actually DO stuff with the ship. :D

Top Bottom