Two years today. Remember Salome - Text Cyphers

How well does that match the weird stars in her eyes in the image?
To me, the stars in her eye resemble the positions of Beta-Alpha-Gamma or Phi-Lambda-Tau/Delta Aquarii in upside-down position. The former is more likely, the stars are brighter. The stars may not be aligned perfectly angle-wise because the eye is spherical and adds distortion.

The coolest part? It also occured to me that Aquarius sits squarely across the ecliptic, bridging the hemispheres. Bridge in some situations is a synonym for BROW.

It gets even better, Aquarius is associated with Deucalion, who built a ship in order to survive a flood, and ended up on Mt Parnassus. Mt Parnassus is also the location of the Delphi Oracle and of the Omphalos.

Last edited:
Drew Wagar's blog post on the image, mentions "This tapestry holds a secret".
I asked myself why the text characters were in the form of a column, so I placed the text as it were in the form of a tapestry (see image). I think the placement of the letters in a column of text, together with the capital letters offer further clues, but haven't yet found a way to decipher. I also left out the numbers, which in my previous post I showed that they relate to Fibonacci sequence; in the place of the numbers I have left a space.

Last edited:
It was time to have another go at this... I went back to the start of the thread, looked at the image, read all of the posts. Just trying to recap what seems likely, what we may have discarded, and trying to find something not yet tried...

Drew said that we only need the image which contains the text, and that the graphics within the image will not help us. The solution should apparently resist brute force methods, but then explicitly we would need outside clues. We're suggested to Remember, but the previous 46 Eridani Fibonacci puzzle (even in hindsight) does seem simpler.

The soliloquy poem was altered by Drew from the original, and we've picked up on palimpsests and the Hopscotch novel after the Cortázar quote that the ciphered text might need to be overlaid, partially deleted, or read in an unusual direction. We'd expect something like this, although there are a myriad of ways tried unsuccessfully so far. There should be extra clues to reduce our random attempts.

For the rest of the poem:
"While a universe unfolds" - several have seen this refers to a map.

"An axis of dying light
That spins in the black.
But alas I can see
Its stars are locked."

This part was considered it might represent tidally locked stations etc. But rather than look into space, should we try to interpret this more literally like a cryptic crossword clue?

"An axis of dying light" - it is sunset when the light dies, and the "axis" we look at (at least when on a planet) is the horizontal horizon.
"Its stars are locked" - Locked seemed an unusual word here (outside of tidal lock reference). When considering literally, characters are locked in position, and/or not to be ROT'd etc. ? Do we filter or lock the characters ITSAR, or maybe just STAR ? I've been trying this.

I'm still trying to shoehorn 'hexedit' in somewhere - must be some [0-9][A-F] conversion not done somewhere, but maybe that is a different puzzle. Also getting confused by the comment from a Drew stream that we're making it too complicated, yet have somehow missed an easier solution.

May we have an extra crumb please, Mr Wagar?

Drew Wagar's blog post on the image, mentions "This tapestry holds a secret".
I asked myself why the text characters were in the form of a column, so I placed the text as it were in the form of a tapestry (see image). I think the placement of the letters in a column of text, together with the capital letters offer further clues, but haven't yet found a way to decipher. I also left out the numbers, which in my previous post I showed that they relate to Fibonacci sequence; in the place of the numbers I have left a space.
Maybe the solution takes the form of letter substitution, working on it!
View attachment 137126
Indeed. He also said (I think) that the solution is related to his previous puzzle based on fibonacci sequence.

Maybe he wants us to draw him like we do our french models?!

I still find it very interesting the third word, without capitals or numbers can be rearranged to say, "ram tah".

If that is a word maybe it can be analyzed to figure out some rearrange logic. Although I think I was working on that and couldn't figure anything out.

Also, the first word could be something like: Key to sea?! Maybe some sort of pun like clue.

Just dawned on me. If the tapestry holds a secret. Maybe the word secret is important...

The first 11 lines contain the first group of capital letters spelling the word secret. That makes an 11x11 square.

eyketsoa
icineccans
rhT7aamtC7
oloRqExal
aAnonVt
1ieso
iypuloe
tnlhboRClar
H17nE
anlI7CDsD
typrrhSu

SECRET: 77AV1RCH17I7CDD; 771177(this is the same backwords and forwards.), AVRCHICDD

eyketsoa
icineccans
rhT7aamtC7
oloRqExal
aAnonVt
1ieso
iypuloe
tnlhboRClar
H17nE
anlI7CDsD
typrrhSu

The word tHat is in the first line, but I don't see how it helps.

eiroa1itHatychlAiyn1nykiTonepl7lpen7RosuhnIrteaqnolbE7rscaEV oo chocmxt eR DSaata C su nCl l D s7 a r
Words: tHat(or Hat), one, pen, tea, no, sca, a

The mans subconscious is crying out in pain over his lack of tea! And sca... And he may have lost that one pen.

Wait, it's a clue! He killed him with the pen, over tea, in the room playing sca.. a. Sca, his last dieing word.

Wait, maybe he meat Sca one...(Scone) That might make more sense. SCONE WAS HIS DIEING WORD!

ROT2:

gktqc1kvJcvaejnCkap1pamkVqpgrn7nrgp7TquwjpKtvgcspqndG7tuecGX(60) qq ejqeozv gT FUccvc E uw pEn n F u7 c t

If this is english doesn't the first word have to be: supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

The first large word is 60 characters long. Even if you remove the capitals and numbers it's not short enough. Maybe he discovered a new longest word in the english language.

ROT24:
cwicrqmy
gaglcaaylq
pfR7yykrA7
mjmPoCvyj
yYlmlTr
1gcqm
gwnsjmc
rljfzmPAjyp
F17lC
yljG7ABqB
rwnppfQs
I wonder if winning the event would have opened up a closed area or something.

One day we will learn the truth. The truth is out there.

BTW:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRWbIoIR04c

[B]Drew Wagar[/B]‏ @[B]drewwagar[/B]

BTW - The final clue is in the image...

12:47 AM - 29 Apr 2019

Why do people keep saying it's not in the image. Is the british or this games populace mentally dyslexic?

Last edited:
Maybe he wants us to draw him like we do our french models?!

I still find it very interesting the third word, without capitals or numbers can be rearranged to say, "ram tah".

If that is a word maybe it can be analyzed to figure out some rearrange logic. Although I think I was working on that and couldn't figure anything out.

Also, the first word could be something like: Key to sea?! Maybe some sort of pun like clue.

Just dawned on me. If the tapestry holds a secret. Maybe the word secret is important...

The first 11 lines contain the first group of capital letters spelling the word secret. That makes an 11x11 square.

I wonder if winning the event would have opened up a closed area or something.

One day we will learn the truth. The truth is out there.

BTW:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRWbIoIR04c

[B]Drew Wagar[/B]‏ @[B]drewwagar[/B]

BTW - The final clue is in the image...

12:47 AM - 29 Apr 2019

Why do people keep saying it's not in the image. Is the british or this games populace mentally dyslexic?
See first post of this thread: “The dots in the eyes are irrelevant - from Drew Wagar Stream”
I think this statement was confirmed. Vaguely recall watching the stream myself, but think there was some confusion as to which stream (there were a couple) was the source. Eventually found the correct source reference, think it was in a later post in this thread.

Image definition: “a representation of the external form of a person or thing in art.”

So the image of her face & candle are irrelevant. The puzzle is in the two columns of text, which are also shown in the picture. English is a language with much redundancy and contextual meaning; In common usage “image” would refer primarily to the image of her face & candle rather than the textual overlay. Hence people keep saying it’s not in the image. Though in computing image can also be used to mean the whole picture, including the text, this is where the (slight) confusion arises, no dyslexia involved.

Last edited:
I think that capital letters (and numbers?) Should be considered separately.

TCREA VRCHE
ICDDS RLHMA
ERCCM AGAHE
WQIFR FLTRH
CVEZP GTDMP
TPOSS VDKPP

I hope that I was not mistaken while I was writing out.

It is possible that one of these parts is the key to the other.

Also "MylastrequestisthatyoualwaysRemember" has a length of 36 characters, 26 letters of the alphabet plus 10 numbers.

Last edited:
It must be so easy. Salome is an asteroid in the Sol-System (see Asteroid Belt). It surely is an unscannable Asteroid Station.

Simple^^

PS: and if it´s not: Salome is an EOS-Asteroid. Looking up the EOS System: there is a Gas Giant with 8 Planets....;-)

Last edited:
I think that capital letters (and numbers?) Should be considered separately.

TCREA VRCHE
ICDDS RLHMA
ERCCM AGAHE
WQIFR FLTRH
CVEZP GTDMP
TPOSS VDKPP

I hope that I was not mistaken while I was writing out.

It is possible that one of these parts is the key to the other.

Also "MylastrequestisthatyoualwaysRemember" has a length of 36 characters, 26 letters of the alphabet plus 10 numbers.
See my post regarding the numbers:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/two-years-today-remember-salome-text-cyphers.510438/post-7862377

Interesting! It makes you think "what are the odds?" With a large string of numbers, how likely is it we'd find smaller Fibonacci numbers between them if you could do some rearranging. If it's unlikely to be a coincidence, then there may be some significance. (As a test I just typed some random numbers and then tried to find Fibonacci numbers within them, if I'm allowed to rearrange. I pulled out a 6 digit Fibonacci number quite quickly, and then some smaller ones. That's not to discount what is being found, but for every suggestion we need to query its potential significance.)

As for the numbers as Xurc posted them: 7711778291904461406645

I saw 7711 and began rolling the numbers to 8822, 9933, then 0044 which is the start of a UK landline phone number including an international access. It mostly fell apart after this point, as there was an extra 0 (perhaps technically two), but what followed (ignoring extra digits at the end) was a live phone number in the north of England. I hung up. Don't try this at home - I wasn't really expecting it to be a recorded answer phone message from Drew confirming the secrets and messages we're looking for. Just a (barely) humorous anecdote about finding details or patterns that aren't really there. :)

But from what I understand Fibonacci should be part of the solution (or is that an over assumption if we know this is 'based on' and is 'similar to' the previous puzzle which did use Fibonacci, but this one very well may not?) The numbers do get large very quickly - 610 for F(15) so picking out the 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 8th etc. characters from the list (lower case, upper case, numbers or combined) isn't going to work very well, and it's not an elegant solution looping around and around. Nevertheless I tried this from the start and end of the block, and vertically both up and down and didn't get anywhere.

Top Bottom