The Xbox One Screenshots Thread

After puttering about in Colonia for a few weeks, running cargo missions, bounty hunting, and trying my hand at mining, I got tired of the fact that I could not unlock any more engineers or buy a Pulse Wave Scanner in the Colonia area. However, I was not yet ready to spend a week or two in the Black again, flying home. So I broke down the three ships I had (my explorer/miner Python, Type-7 cargo hauler, and Viper Mk IV, sold off everything, bought a base Sidewinder, and flew a short ways away from the Colonia Dream station in Ratraii where I had made my base to self-destruct. At the rebuy screen I opted for the Sidewinder in my starting system, beefed up the FSD and installed an FSD booster, and nine jumps later was sailing through the mail slot at my home port of Ray Gateway, Diaguandri. I jumped into my Krait Phantom and outfitted her for deep core mining. After a few days of that I decided I wanted back into the bounty hunting game and headed over to Shinrarta Dezhra and on a whim bought an Alliance Challenger and outfitted it for PvE Bounty Hunting. At some point I'll rebuild all the ships I sold off in Colonia and eventually head back out into the Black, but for now I'll rebuild my supply of engineering mats and start unlocking some more engineers while bounty hunting and mining as the whim strikes.

Rear view of the Krait Phantom under power

A cargo megaship in the Shinrarta Dezhra system

Alliance Challenger on patrol

Last edited:
Dropping in on Tod McQuinn to upgrade my Multi-Cannons and Fragment Cannon.

Habitation ring on a mega-ship shortly before the fighting started and I wound up at the rebuy screen...

My Krait Phantom waits outside Dav's Hope as I do the rounds...

In the hills nearby Dav's Hope, a skimmer guards a downed CommSat.

The Dance Of The Compact Quartet

I just got there and won't have time to really look around until tomorrow, I hope to get some cooler pictures. I imagine the black hole probably offers some interesting/distorted views of the neutron stars.
Look forward to seeing them, that should work a treat. Have seen so many black hole distortion pics, will have to try it out sometime.

Look forward to seeing them, that should work a treat. Have seen so many black hole distortion pics, will have to try it out sometime.
For some reason it didn't really work. It was a pretty small black hole and for some reason the lensing/distortion had no effect on the neutron stars. I could see the lensing on the starfield (though there weren't many stars so it wasn't very dramatic) but if you got the black hole between you and the neutron stars or you and the milky way it didn't create any effect. There's not much else to do around there, there aren't any planets in the system, so I just took a couple more photos and got back on the road to Colonia.

For some reason it didn't really work. It was a pretty small black hole and for some reason the lensing/distortion had no effect on the neutron stars. I could see the lensing on the starfield (though there weren't many stars so it wasn't very dramatic) but if you got the black hole between you and the neutron stars or you and the milky way it didn't create any effect. There's not much else to do around there, there aren't any planets in the system, so I just took a couple more photos and got back on the road to Colonia.
I might be wrong because I've never done it before but did you drop into the exclusion zone around the bh? Once that close perhaps it would work. I'm sure someone here on a screenshot thread will know if that's how it works or not.

I might be wrong because I've never done it before but did you drop into the exclusion zone around the bh? Once that close perhaps it would work. I'm sure someone here on a screenshot thread will know if that's how it works or not.

No I didn't drop out of SC near the black hole. I didn't realize until you asked and it's surprising, but I've just got done exploring a bunch of black holes so this one that didn't look too impressive didn't warrant it I guess. I'm coming from Sag A*, The Great Annihilator and after that discovering my first black hole. I guess I'm kind of black holed out and was just there for the hot neutron star action. And it is some nice action, I discovered a ton of neutron stars and an ELW orbiting a neutron star. It looked awesome and blue in the FSS but when I actually flew the 4k ls out to see the thing it looked like any other ELW. I think it was lit more by the Milky Way than the Neutron Star.

Back to the black hole though, with the larger ones at least and those that I've visited the lensing is visible in SC. And I could see it with this black hole but only with the background stars below the Milky Way. Maybe my game is just bugging out, it has been acting wonky lately. I had to reinstall a week or two ago when Horizons stopped working. Also while on this journey things have been going weird with black holes. Look what happened when I dropped into The Great Annihilator. It dropped me in and yanked me out of SC. Also when I arrived at the Dance Of The Compact Quartet when I came out of the jump it looked like I flew through the black hole and entered SC on the other side, I thought it was about to pull another Great Annihilator for a second.

It's about 1:30 in before I make the jump...

Back to the black hole though, with the larger ones at least and those that I've visited the lensing is visible in SC. And I could see it with this black hole but only with the background stars below the Milky Way. Maybe my game is just bugging out, it has been acting wonky lately. I had to reinstall a week or two ago when Horizons stopped working. Also while on this journey things have been going weird with black holes. Look what happened when I dropped into The Great Annihilator. It dropped me in and yanked me out of SC. Also when I arrived at the Dance Of The Compact Quartet when I came out of the jump it looked like I flew through the black hole and entered SC on the other side, I thought it was about to pull another Great Annihilator for a second.

It's about 1:30 in before I make the jump...
Congrats on your finds. I've found 2 ELW's around neutrons, don't know how that's supposed to work but it's cool to come across.
I had the horizons bug a few weeks back but it ended up sorting itself out. Think it happened to lots of us.
As for the black holes, you need to zero your throttle while making the jump to avoid running into them. The big ones will pull you up like a star will and the small ones spit you out the other side.
Perhaps because they're as massive or more than most stars but extremely small and compact the game drops you in very close to them

These first 2 are rescue ships, been moving passengers from burning stations the last week

2 more from the stations themselves. The 2nd is a damaged tokomak reactor. I think it's cool they took the actual basic design of these into account.

UFO in the paleides

Top Bottom