The Quest To Find Raxxla

I'm wondering now about the criteria needed to find Raxxla. See if you agree with any of these.

1) Must be Elite, Triple Elite, or Elite in just Combat?
2) Must have a Founders Permit, or other systems permit?
3) Must play in Open?
4) Locked behind a permit we can't get? (not in the game yet)?
5) Must have an engineered Exploration or Surface scanner, to see the DW?

Just interested in anyone's opinion on the criteria needed?

o7...

Mmmhh... I am not sure that any serious statement tells us when/if Raxxla was actually "discovered". Other than that non-canon Rafe Zetter's there are twisted men on it.

I'm wondering now about the criteria needed to find Raxxla. See if you agree with any of these.
..snip..
1) Idk
2) Founders before that TDW station appeared in that new system next to SD. Since that, Idk..
3) Idk
4) Idk
5) Idk
Sorry.. I am not very helpful.

Last edited:

1) Must be Elite, Triple Elite, or Elite in just Combat?
2) Must have a Founders Permit, or other systems permit?
3) Must play in Open?
4) Locked behind a permit we can't get? (not in the game yet)?
5) Must have an engineered Exploration or Surface scanner, to see the DW?

Just interested in anyone's opinion on the criteria needed?

o7...
My opinion:

1. Maybe - but it's only one of many criteria, given how many Elite and Triple Elite players are out there
2. Founders goes with 1.*
3. No
4. No*
5. No

* My theory is that Raxxla is permit-locked and the route to obtaining that permit is via TDW.

I'd imagine it's in reference to the first or second game? I keep trying to play oolite (I understand it supposed to be a replica of the original?) but can't figure out how to do anything at all other fly around, poorly. I can't even dock at the station it starts you by. I'd really love to explore the (official) old version of the universe for potential insight or perspective but fear the same results.
Start here, and explore...

That's what I was wondering with engineers. Unlock them all and get an invite, like you do for other engineers, but TDW The meeting requirementcoukd be the test of skill...????
Mmmh.. Those "Engineers" are starting to smell like TDW agents to me. Where the h.. did they find all that tech and knowledge ?

Last edited:
Just an off the wall idea. Is there anywhere in the Elite Milky Way galaxy from which a player can view the Andromeda Galaxy, or since the Stellar Forge contains only the stars in the MW galaxy, did Frontier put the AG in as some distant artwork which can be viewed from the MW?

The reason I ask is that the AG is reported to be the 9th galaxy, but unless it is viewable or even in Stellar Forge, there would be nothing to point at or view from the MW.

Simply put, is the Andromeda Galaxy in the game at all, or viewable from the Milky Way?

EDIT: According to this link, there are 32 galaxies visible in Elite's Milky Way Galaxy.

Last edited:
The "Reptilian Raxxla" thing is a very old hoax. You can't find much information about it or the original story in english, because this magazine is not english. It's being mixed up with various russian versions of elite, which unlike the legend, though likely original inspiration for it, actually were real, ingenious, and totally unofficial.

Drew probably has his own version of Raxxla. DB either has his own also, or is confused about all the fuss, because it never was something one should seriously go searching for, perhaps a mix of these two. How are legends born?

Wasn't it revealed that these "galaxies" were actually and finally regions of the MW ? But I can be mixing statements..
Yes, you're mixing statements. :)
Maylor Rom means real galaxies visible in E: D skybox. The original Elite's 'galaxies' are a different thing.

Hey if you feel like sending out the rest of your concept, I'd have a read through it
Not really a concept, it’s just a run back through a short period of time, but with the timeline adjusted to remove the effects of a bug. (Well the negative effects anyway.)

To set the scene...

First, you'll need to forget a lot of what you know now.

The Formidine Rift mystery has been running for quite some time. This is before the Galactic Regions were introduced, so even the position of the Rift has been a matter of debate. Various things had been discovered which lead to various searches.

In the rest of the galaxy life is progressing normally. The Imps and Feds are in a Cold War as they have been for some time. Generally people are just going about their lives.

The discovery of mysterious artefacts of unknown origins has ultimately lead to the Pleiades, the discovery of a surface lifeform which produces a previously unknown material with unique properties, and human expansion into the area. A second type of artefact has been discovered which when scanned shuts downs ships in the vicinity, and transmits a signal with details of the nearest body along with distance to a system in a permit locked region.

Jacques Station has disappeared in an attempt to jump to Beagle Point. It transpires that the station had been heavily loaded with the unknown artefacts prior to the jump attempt.

Jacques Station is eventually discovered in the Eol Prou nebula, with considerable damage and in need of repair, but apparently happy with his new home. Jacques description of what happened are interesting and mysterious and include:

"They sing, the artefacts. I thought that was some crackpot ranting but when you're out there they sing and then they find you.

Events have then taken a twist with first the discovery of the wreckage of a crashed ship of unknown and apparently non-human origins in the Pleiades, and then the discovery of a set of ruins on a planet in the Synuefe region.

The independent pilots who have been investigating the Formidine Rift have then found beacons, and eventually surface sites in the Formidine Rift, Conflux and Hawking's Gap.

The logs found in those sites reveal a secret 50 year old large scale expedition to find and place beacons at habitable worlds. They also describe mysterious and unexplained things being experienced by those on some of the ships in the expedition...

Now read all the logs (or re-read in the light of all that)...

Iirc, there also was a log in Conflux or Hawking's about some crew going crazy after they passed near some weird planet (voices or siren songs ? Can't remember..)
Could have been a way for FD to link in some way the Rift mYsTeRy with Raxxla Quest...
That's the Tethis you're thinking of there. Not a Rift thing, but still brilliant nonetheless. If anyone wants to check it out LHS 2206 is the first place to go to.

Edit - though in the FR Alpha logs, someone says they heard voices in witchspace, there's a mention of siren song, and the crew (or at least one) go crazy and blow the canopy. But it's the Tethis with the signal from the planet, and what's heard in the signal.

Last edited:
That's what I was wondering with engineers. Unlock them all and get an invite, like you do for other engineers, but TDW The meeting requirementcoukd be the test of skill...????
Completely off topic, but this has been bugging me for weeks. Is your user name "Pete A Carter" or is it phonetic, accounting for a Brit accent for "Pete-ah Carter?"

Going over all this old ground again...
Maybe old ground, but I was researching what was reported by "some Russian pilot" who eluded to finding R in a previous Elite game, referenced in the link below, which someone here provided. I had not heard of this and it was of interest, with the 9th Galaxy being referred to as the AG.

Sorry if I am covering old ground to you, it's not old to me...

o7....

Landmines! Lol. I think Ryder is too early on in the engineering. We know Bill Turner is linked to the club....
What I was really thinking was that maybe Grade 5 with EVERY engineer unlocks something?? Only a thought. I dont know how many people have grade 5 with every engineer? I suspect its significantly less than how many triple elites there are
I think you're severely underestimating the number of people who bring with them a preconception that the game only starts once you reach an endgame state, and focus on entirely on getting to what they think that state is. :D

Also, you might be underestimating just how crucial G5 engineering is seen as by those involved in top end PVP. :D

The introduction of the Colonia engineers (and now Palin's protege) throws a bit of a spanner into this whole idea though.

Top Bottom