The Quest To Find Raxxla

I don't quite understand tour thinking. Take this VERY hypothetical timeline:

1) DW & FD agree on the novel and FD ask for it to be based in the rift (Knowing R is there)
2) DW OR FD write the logs (although I would strongly assume this was FDev anyway)
3) The in-game story plays out
4) We fail to find R
5) FDev write the toast, pointing us back to the Rift

Why would it matter who wrote the logs? Im suggesting the logs themselves were not necessarily a clue to Raxxla, but when the Codex was written, FDev thought to themselves "How can we point them back to the rift? Ah! We will point them to the logs..."
That timeline leans very strongly on two assumptions:

1. There are clues
2. FDev want us to find Raxxla soon

It also takes as a starting point the idea that FD wanted to entangle the only two mysteries in the game at release - which makes absolutely no sense to me.

'There will be no clues'. Makes absolutely no sense to me. Just because they said it doesn't mean they can't/won't change their minds.

Do you have kids? As a parent, saying one thing that you definitely mean, followed later by changing your mind or doing something you said wasn't going to happen is a really big part of life. to just faithfully assume that they will never go back on anything they've ever said is also seeming like nonsense to me. It isn't like they're contractually obligated to never leave clues.

'There will be no clues'. Makes absolutely no sense to me. Just because they said it doesn't mean they can't/won't change their minds.

Do you have kids? As a parent, saying one thing that you definitely mean, followed later by changing your mind or doing something you said wasn't going to happen is a really big part of life. to just faithfully assume that they will never go back on anything they've ever said is also seeming like nonsense to me. It isn't like they're contractually obligated to never leave clues.
Then give me a reason why they've changed their minds - preferably one with some supporting evidence.
The only statement we have is that 'There will be no clues', and without contradictory information we have no reason to assume it isn't still correct.

I might be making assumptions, but you never know, they MIGHT even be right! ;-) Or not...obviously! :)

Either way, this is the best lead I have come up with for quite some time, so I think it warrants investigation. Remember my ship is called Audet Somniare, which translated from Latin means "Dares To Dream"

Not sure how many have seen this article?

The original Raxxla is a planet with a Coriolis station also named "Raxxla" in Galaxy 9, Andromeda.

Raxxla itself is a feudal world with reptile race with higher technology level than humans. Raxxlans were extremely hostile to every other race. War was what they loved and aimed for. Raxxla itself is not hard to find. Raxxlans will attack without hesitation giving out their location. The closer you get more aggressive they become. Anyone in their territory must be Elite or die. They will give the permit to enter their station after you have proven your skills in battles against them.

Raxxlans had a formed a trade partnership and military alliance with Dark Wheel in 3025. Dark Wheel had an agricultural settlement on the planet Soonji, which was named after Soontil. Only 100 Elite level commanders were allowed to have a residence on this planet due fact Raxxlans did not want large and permanent human settlements near their territory. Soonji was known as a paradise for retirement.

While the alliance was maintained 100 years the trading kept only a few Elites rich. It is known from history that all the snake ships and the first type of Coriolis stations are Raxxlan designed. The Raxxlans were proud reptiles and they named their ships after their feared relatives. This was to remind human beings to respect them while using them.

The trade and military union ended when Dark Wheel entered the forbidden Raxxlan territory with a generation ship. This broke the deal that was made between humans and reptiles. Raxxlans arranged clan wars to declare owners of the systems.

Ben Ryder wanted to get his own deals with Raxxlans and built his own gateway in 3125. This was the only known way to find Raxxla without deeper involvement with the Dark Wheel.

The only way to get to Raxxla was to use Ben Ryder's gateway which was located near Lave and Tionisla system. The only way to find the gateway was to visit Lave Station, ask for permission from Ben Ryder and fly around clockwise around Lave system to Tionisla. The trip had to be not less than 7 to 9 jumps before entering the secret system from Tionisla to the hidden system with the gateway.

The gateway itself was located near the last ringed planet where a battle took place against Allied Police force which was trying to get the ring to their use. The gateway has been lost since Dark Wheel hid it in 3126 due a war against Raxxlans.

Technically Raxxlans had a transport system to transfer the planet from system to other systems. The system looked like 5 large towers at both poles of the planet. Therefore it is extremely plausible that Raxxlan planet has been relocated and can be basically found anywhere. Therefore the current location of the planet is unknown.

Micro Bit Computer Magazine 1990.

Not sure how many have seen this article?

The original Raxxla is a planet with a Coriolis station also named "Raxxla" in Galaxy 9, Andromeda.

Raxxla itself is a feudal world with reptile race with higher technology level than humans. Raxxlans were extremely hostile to every other race. War was what they loved and aimed for. Raxxla itself is not hard to find. Raxxlans will attack without hesitation giving out their location. The closer you get more aggressive they become. Anyone in their territory must be Elite or die. They will give the permit to enter their station after you have proven your skills in battles against them.

Raxxlans had a formed a trade partnership and military alliance with Dark Wheel in 3025. Dark Wheel had an agricultural settlement on the planet Soonji, which was named after Soontil. Only 100 Elite level commanders were allowed to have a residence on this planet due fact Raxxlans did not want large and permanent human settlements near their territory. Soonji was known as a paradise for retirement.

While the alliance was maintained 100 years the trading kept only a few Elites rich. It is known from history that all the snake ships and the first type of Coriolis stations are Raxxlan designed. The Raxxlans were proud reptiles and they named their ships after their feared relatives. This was to remind human beings to respect them while using them.

The trade and military union ended when Dark Wheel entered the forbidden Raxxlan territory with a generation ship. This broke the deal that was made between humans and reptiles. Raxxlans arranged clan wars to declare owners of the systems.

Ben Ryder wanted to get his own deals with Raxxlans and built his own gateway in 3125. This was the only known way to find Raxxla without deeper involvement with the Dark Wheel.

The only way to get to Raxxla was to use Ben Ryder's gateway which was located near Lave and Tionisla system. The only way to find the gateway was to visit Lave Station, ask for permission from Ben Ryder and fly around clockwise around Lave system to Tionisla. The trip had to be not less than 7 to 9 jumps before entering the secret system from Tionisla to the hidden system with the gateway.

The gateway itself was located near the last ringed planet where a battle took place against Allied Police force which was trying to get the ring to their use. The gateway has been lost since Dark Wheel hid it in 3126 due a war against Raxxlans.

Technically Raxxlans had a transport system to transfer the planet from system to other systems. The system looked like 5 large towers at both poles of the planet. Therefore it is extremely plausible that Raxxlan planet has been relocated and can be basically found anywhere. Therefore the current location of the planet is unknown.

Micro Bit Computer Magazine 1990.
I would love to know who wrote this. It sounds like its based on Alien Worlds, potentially

They forgot all about the Rift for over two years. It was only the fact that people started roleplaying their own storyline that caused FDev to make it official again. So no, that's not the case.
With all respect, I may sometimes forget, but I always try to add "...in my opinion", or "I think/don't think" to this type of statement. Given that we know nothing, I don't think we can/should state anything as fact. :)

Iirc, there also was a log in Conflux or Hawking's about some crew going crazy after they passed near some weird planet (voices or siren songs ? Can't remember..)
Could have been a way for FD to link in some way the Rift mYsTeRy with Raxxla Quest...

Iirc, there also was a log in Conflux or Hawking's about some crew going crazy after they passed near some weird planet.
Could have been a way for FD to link in some way the Rift mYsTeRy with Raxxla Quest...
Its possible. I'm going to hop in the Audet Somniare and go spend a good long time sniffing around the rift. Worst case? A whole heap of scan credit waiting for me when I get home :)
If anybody fancies joining me for some brute force scan shenanigans, your more than welcome.
Edit:
Apparently we are lokoing for a planet with 5 big pillars at each pole! ;-)
I'll be starting at the Children of Raxxla tourist beacon in Eafots BP-I d9-35 I think

Last edited:
Sorry, but I spent months exploring The Rift, as I was sure that this mysterious region where so many ships had disappeared for so many years, as it has always been told in every station bar across the known space, was hosting Raxxla. That "great" mYsTeRy and the "there be ghosts" -thing turned out to be a very human stranded ship. Only ghosts there are those of its very human dead crew. :ROFLMAO:
First of my many disappointments with FD story lines...

With all respect, I may sometimes forget, but I always try to add "...in my opinion", or "I think/don't think" to this type of statement. Given that we know nothing, I don't think we can/should state anything as fact. :)
and by the same respects we shouldn't vehemently argue against anything/everything also.

I can't explain why they might have put it somewhere near the same place as some other mystery. however that doesn't mean they didn't and it shouldn't be so hardcore argued against if it isn't known factually. All that does is limit The avenues of exploration we have to find it.no one's forcing you to go search the formidine rift for it if you're not interested in it you don't have to but like why are you so extremely against it even being considered by others?Obfuscation?

Top Bottom