The Quest To Find Raxxla

I've noticed a slow down area near the primary star in Shinrarta Dezhra. It's probably one of the invisible comets/meteors, but will give it a closer look, when once again Allied with new TDW beneficiary factions.
I don't remember anymore if comets had any noticeable gravity well, but I know finding them is very difficult even when you know approximate location. I think they did masslock though, when you manage to drop close enough, which needs to be done very quickly. I believe there are plenty of systems that do have them, based on how they count as astronomical bodies in the system, and signal sources, notably conflict zones, form around them. Comets that have stations in orbit are easier to locate, yet invisible, and appear in navigation computer for a split second.

I think I once noticed something similar in Colonia system but was interdicted briefly after that.

If our schedules are compatible will gladly have your company.
ATM kinda sidetracked, hitting some undiscovered systems with lots of bodies, and playing tag... ke ke ke if i have to do the trip, i might as well take something out of it. :)
I know what you mean. My 4 hour trip to Colonia turned into 3 days. Luckily my passengers were explorers so didn’t mind.

As fernweh seems to be floating on the collective subconscious again, here's a thought I don't believe has been brought up .

Fernweh backwards is Hewn Ref.
Maybe Hewn Reef?

Hewn usually refers to wood carved furniture like chainsaw art or a log cabin, hewn from raw materials.

Coud Raxxla then be a hewn system?

A system hacked and engineered to perform as a machine, perhaps with something like a gravitic lagrange point, or negative void at a focus of the engineered system, something along those lines. Don't want to wander too far over the what if logic cliff but I'm sure there's one virgin with 72 bazookas.

However this does satisfy the original clues of a place that's not a place, a door that's also the key.

This is really for orbital math nerds of which I am not.
Universe Sandbox is fun to play with and can plug in ED info and see what happens.

Fud 4 thot.

Last edited:
As fernweh seems to be floating on the collective subconscious again, here's a thought I don't believe has been brought up .

Maybe Hewn Reef?

Hewn usually refers to wood carved furniture like chainsaw art or a log cabin, hewn from raw materials.

A system hacked and engineered to perform as a machine, perhaps with something like a gravitic lagrange point, or negative void at a focus of the engineered system, something along those lines. Don't want to wander too far over the what if logic cliff but I'm sure there's one virgin with 72 .

However this does satisfy the original clues of a place that's not a place, a door that's also the key.

Universe Sandbox is fun to play with and can plug in ED info and see what happens.

Fud 4 thot.
A planet that's a machine......wonder if it is trying to calculate the question to the answer 42? :)

Maybe Hewn Reef?

A system hacked and engineered to perform as a machine, perhaps with something like a gravitic lagrange point, or negative void at a focus of the engineered system, something along those lines. Don't want to wander too far over the what if logic cliff but I'm sure there's one virgin with 72 bazookas.

Fud 4 thot.
'Weh' is Nepalese for 'red panda'.
Red pandas eat ferns (possibly, I'm not an expert).
Pandas also do kung fu (definitely seen that written down somewhere).
Kung Mu is a system with an ELW - where pandas might live.

Definitely a clue!

'Weh' is Nepalese for 'red panda'.
Red pandas eat ferns (possibly, I'm not an expert).
Pandas also do kung fu (definitely seen that written down somewhere).
Kung Mu is a system with an ELW - where pandas might live.

Definitely a clue!
It's science yo! I'm glad to see standards haven't slipped any in my absence. If the "h" in "Weh" is italicized in Nepalese is the meaning any different?

Time to turn around and head back to the bubble check list:

The week to 10 days trip started over a month ago - CHECK
No paint left on ship - CHECK
Hull integrity < 80% - CHECK
No heatsink left - CHECK
No standard conductors left - CHECK
Space madness kicked in to the point I swear the space pumpkins are whispering to me - CHECK
Found Raxxla, killed the evil men and stuffed the Omphalos Rift in the back of my SRV - DARN IT! There is always something I forget at the shops....

Crossing over into Hawkins Gap shortly. If anybody wants anything checked out in Lyra's Song/Hawkins Gap, let me know whilst I'm still having to manually plot my route. I'll be picking up the pace towards Sol once my Nav Com can start plotting again.

Hypothesis:
For each user, Raxxla is in a unique location. (A place that is not a place - a journey each of us has to make)

That hypothesis is seemingly contradicted by announcements saying it was a "definite location" and Fdev knew "where it is".
However , a definitive location might be something like 500ls from a star and knowing where it is might depend on input variables (your cmdr name?). Also considering "somewhere in the milky way" doesn't help a lot to disprove the hypothesis.

Now, please, go ahead and shred it...

Time to turn around and head back to the bubble check list:

The week to 10 days trip started over a month ago - CHECK
No paint left on ship - CHECK
Hull integrity < 80% - CHECK
No heatsink left - CHECK
No standard conductors left - CHECK
Space madness kicked in to the point I swear the space pumpkins are whispering to me - CHECK
Found Raxxla, killed the evil men and stuffed the Omphalos Rift in the back of my SRV - DARN IT! There is always something I forget at the shops....

Crossing over into Hawkins Gap shortly. If anybody wants anything checked out in Lyra's Song/Hawkins Gap, let me know whilst I'm still having to manually plot my route. I'll be picking up the pace towards Sol once my Nav Com can start plotting again.
You might visit the Hawking’s Gap Dynasty bases & supply us some aerial photos. I’ve just been doing some more thinning of my Distant Worlds2 pictorial records (now down to 40Gb from 80!) and have spotted a strange linear feature on the ground at one of the Conflux bases that I visited. Don’t understand how I missed it when I was there. Would be interested to see if there is similar near the Gap bases. Just closed down gaming PC; will put that shot on Imgur tomorrow & append a link to this post so you can see what I mean.

Edit: This is the image I'm talking about: Source: https://imgur.com/Jr8mZPf

and here I've annotated the odd features I just spotted yesterday: Source: https://imgur.com/GURdNau

Last edited:
Top Bottom