Newcomer / Intro Symbol in passenger mission list

Hey Guys,
Could someone please tell me what this symbol in passenger missions list mean. I always thought it mean a planetary destination ...

Thanks in Advance
:)

It means that this mission requires Horizons expansion because it involves planetary landing (ie. passengers are going to a settlement.

Yep, it's indicating a planetary surface mission. In this case, the "sights" that Carey wants to see are beacons situated on a planet surface, while Elias and Ava presumably wish to be transported to a surface port.

You see the same symbol in the regular mission board, where you're required to visit a planet surface (though I do sometimes see it on missions which don't actually require it, like "kill pirate" missions).

It also isn't very accurate. I often see it on delivery missions that are actually going to orbiting stations versus a planetary landing.

It also isn't very accurate. I often see it on delivery missions that are actually going to orbiting stations versus a planetary landing.
Don't know if it is fixed in 3.0.5, but previously while in surface port, the missions to deliver something from that port anywhere (yes, even to orbitals) did show that symbol.
If you're in a station /outpost / megaship in orbit, then the symbol means mission requires landing on a planet / moon in order to complete it.

If a mission to an orbital station displays the icon it indicates that the mission may offer a redirect to a surface port.

Fly Safe o7

If a mission to an orbital station displays the icon it indicates that the mission may offer a redirect to a surface port.

Fly Safe o7
OK, that makes sense. I was in an orbital station going to another one. I believe there were redirects but as I usually have more than one mission going to the same station I don't accept them. Thanks for the explanation.

It DOESN'T mean any of those things. You are all wrong. It actually means there are two or more warring factions at war at your destination spot. So be advised to be armed or have a speedy ship.

It DOESN'T mean any of those things. You are all wrong. It actually means there are two or more warring factions at war at your destination spot. So be advised to be armed or have a speedy ship.
Objectively incorrect. That is the Horizons logo and it signifies Horizons-specific content. If you play Elite Dangerous without the Horizons expansion, you will never see that logo ingame.

No, you don't need an SRV to do passenger surface missions. They are either "deliver to a surface port" or "scan a tourist beacon on the surface of the planet".

GIven that there is literally no room aboard an SRV to carry another passenger, let alone all the passenger's friends, it's probably a good thing.

No, you don't need an SRV to do passenger surface missions. They are either "deliver to a surface port" or "scan a tourist beacon on the surface of the planet".

GIven that there is literally no room aboard an SRV to carry another passenger, let alone all the passenger's friends, it's probably a good thing.
It would be a neat addition if you could have a passenger rover for surface sights. Something luxurious. Mind you, it'd probably take up a huge module slot so there'd need to be a new dedicated ship as well.

Add space legs to the mix for some epic awesome sauce.

Top Bottom