Newcomer / Intro Stumped in a gound mission (gate and private beacon)

I took a ground mission, where I had to scan a private beacon, there was a public beacon outside which i scanned then a count down timer starts.
What am I supposed to do?
There is a private beacon that is inactive - so i guess I have to find a way to activate it.
There is a huge gate and a yard inside. There seems to be a platform to take the SRV on - I suspect this is to activate the private beacon.

Apart from activating the public beacon I found no other interactable item (apart from skimmers, ground turrers, AA turrets and a generator that I also blew up from the ship before landing)
What am I missing?

I doubt it's a gate - more likely a restricted area. You might need to go in....

When a timer starts you need to find all the other beacons in the set and scan them all before something happens.

@Schembri - Find out what type of installation you are trying to access and then use the links on these pages to work out how to access everything. These docs are not mine but they are invaluable and well worth bookmarking:

Locations list:

types:

Diagrams and routes:

From the last one you can follow links to see images of the layout and images showing scan routes.

e.g. A L1L installation (Large, Industrial, low security):

Layout:

Source: https://imgur.com/R5DPkNI

Scanning Route:

Source: https://imgur.com/mle8NUC

Note that there are youtube videos of people doing these base scanning runs.

one example:

Last edited:
If it is a gate put full power to the engines, take a run at it and boost upwards.
If you time it correctly you can 'fly' over the gate.

Wow Para, thats a resource! I will be checking it out, unfortunately won't be able to play for some days.
I saw only 1 beacon.
Regarding jumping over it lools too high.
When back on the game will try it though, it was on a very small moon so small it was difficult to not overshoot it..

Wow Para, thats a resource! I will be checking it out, unfortunately won't be able to play for some days.
I saw only 1 beacon.
Regarding jumping over it lools too high.
When back on the game will try it though, it was on a very small moon so small it was difficult to not overshoot it..
Yes it is great work by Cmdr DJA ( @djadjok ) and contributors.

If you watch some of the videos on the yootoob you will see how to jump past the side of force-screen gates.

Don't forget you can scan data points through walls (as for data point 4 in the route above) and also from below - just so long as you are within range (<50m?).

Similarly you will be surprised at the SRV's ability to drive up the slope of many walls, in fact at the lower left of the scanning route image I posted above you can see where it requires you to drive up the wall at the corner (junction of two faces of the structure).

Lots of fun driving round these places - of course now that you don't need to wait weeks for a scanned data point to reset then there is less need to do it.

EDIT - I forgot to link to the page with the legends for what is shown in the images from the spreadsheet links, here they are:

Last edited:
Great work @Para Handy
@Schembri
Can only confirm that "Dja Co-P Mapping Service" is still in game - so if you have questions about some particular layouts I'll try to clarify the answers
The maps themselves are outdated at least in the "restricted area" domain.
Due to a bit "exploiting" commanders activity we have now (since 3.x I suppose) "huge" restricted to flight areas - cubes of 4 x 4 x 4 kilometers.

Top Bottom