Space Force Presents: Operation Drag Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frontier should have given these new modifications to higher level NPCs as well, so that everyone gets to experience being on the receiving end.

It would make threads like this redundant and give Frontier a baseline in terms of balance.
If the drags are a problem, people will complain.
If they are not a problem, everyone moves on.
I do faintly remember getting some message about propulsion disruption or something when higher ranked ships keep shooting at me. So I would guess players will get on the receiving end, too.

You lost me there, but lets say it was a White Knight group that made this announcement instead. White Knight groups will conduct [white knight activities] in protest to this change. Hear us roar!! That announcement would get all kinds of snickering on here. So maybe I misread the OP and this is supposed to be tongue in cheek? You know, us white knights are lacking sense of humor so that is our well established handicap.

However if a White Knight group decided to go a on a ganker rampage in protest to this change, that would be worth taking notice, right?
What would be great is if White Knight groups pledged to not get in the way. That would make me sit up a little.

So, if I'm flying some PvE runabout and I already get my clock cleaned by a PvP ship, why should I care about this change? 🤷‍♂️
Before, with a bit of skill you could escape. I see the post about the average joe above. This change makes it harder for them or you. Now the game just got harder if someone is using drag. You have no maneuverability to escape.

Yes you can use drag yourself and slow them down. But you wont get away.

And the real good PVPers are going to use forceshells so you cant even move forward as they get infront of you. You'll never be able to charge up your FSD and escape.

There are many ways to skin a cat. But this was a lazy change for what they wanted to accomplish. There is so much more that could have been done here to reward escape skill and aggression alike.

So, if I'm flying some PvE runabout and I already get my clock cleaned by a PvP ship, why should I care about this change? 🤷‍♂️
I don’t mean this as any slight, but before this change you stood a decent chance of evading a gank in practically any ship with the proper skill/tactics. Now your skill and tactics will be far less relevant, as the enemies can just drag and FSD interrupt you to keep you in the instance, even if you do everything you should to try and escape.

Before, with a bit of skill you could escape. I see the post about the average joe above. This change makes it harder for them or you. Now the game just got harder if someone is using drag. You have no maneuverability to escape.

Yes you can use drag yourself and slow them down. But you wont get away.

And the real good PVPers are going to use forceshells so you cant even move forward as they get infront of you. You'll never be able to charge up your FSD and escape.

There are many ways to skin a cat. But this was a lazy change for what they wanted to accomplish. There is so much more that could have been done here to reward escape skill and aggression alike.
Yeah but, as I said, if I already get exploded by PvP ships, I don't really see how exploding me in a different way is going to help prove a point.

Frankly, I doubt I'll even notice that I've been exploded as part of some kind of "protest".

I do faintly remember getting some message about propulsion disruption or something when higher ranked ships keep shooting at me. So I would guess players will get on the receiving end, too.
That's good to hear. Although I've never run into any yet. Might be because I mainly do combat in conflict zones, AX or otherwise and the occasional pirate signals.

I gotta start doing assassination missions I guess.

Frontier should have given these new modifications to higher level NPCs as well, so that everyone gets to experience being on the receiving end.

It would make threads like this redundant and give Frontier a baseline in terms of balance.
If the drags are a problem, people will complain.
If they are not a problem, everyone moves on.
Absolutely, hope that is the case! Honestly, that might actually be kinda exciting. :D

Yeah but, as I said, if I already get exploded by PvP ships, I don't really see how exploding me in a different way is going to help prove a point.

Frankly, I doubt I'll even notice that I've been exploded as part of some kind of "protest".
Dont you strive to get better? Or do you just accept the fact you're going to stay where you're at. Because now for you and others there is no way to combat this and learn from your mistakes. Before you had a chance to become a better pilot. Now you dont get that chance. No one does. No one benefits from this change alone.

Given the content of the post and its tone I imagine it will involve feet stomping and flailing of arms.
The hilarious thing is: to this bunch of epic dummy-spitters it’s a cause! A fight for what’s right! To everyone else it’s just Tuesday.

Not saying they don’t have a point about the OP-ishness of this ill thought out mod, but Frontier claim to be reading this, so maybe giving them a chance would be a thing.

Not saying they don’t have a point about the OP-ishness of this ill thought out mod, but Frontier claim to be reading this, so maybe giving them a chance would be a thing.
How OP it is depends on if there is a change to countdown/duration. If it only works for five seconds every two minutes it is still a complete garbage experimental. If it is continuous it is OP. It'll be easy to adjust if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom