Space Force Presents: Operation Drag Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
White hat, not white knight. It refers to 'legal hackers' that expose security leaks to the corps so they can fix it. They dont randomly troll people in computer games regardless of whether there is a concern or not however, so the comparison is bogus.
Now that's where you're wrong, Skippy.
I've probably wiped out the population of a small town in Elite Dangerous all by myself, but my day job is entirely white hat.

Be still my heart. Another 'Temper Tantrum'? Thick sinned tough-guys showing their softer sides, with a bit of a cry?

Haven't we been looking for a way to reduce TTK? I guess that is only with respect to traders or explorers, not the PvP privileged.

Now that's where you're wrong, Skippy.
I've probably wiped out the population of a small town in Elite Dangerous all by myself, but my day job is entirely white hat.
Errr, that is fine, but I am just saying the two are completely unrelated. Some white hats are griefers, some are not. Some griefers are white hats, some are not. This 'campaign' is not a 'white hat operation'. It is not 'exposing vulnerability'. It is just a bunch of trolls trolling as they have always done, and will always do. Which is fine, it is Open, do what you want. But these excuses are just a bit sad. Heck, even if there was a shred of sincerity in OP, he wouldn't purposefully set out in his griefer-troll-shisp to explicitly attack the easiest targets. You guys recorded piles of vids of trolling the easiest targets, recording some more wont prove a thing beyond how you like trolling easy targets.

Now, if a bunch of casuals in T7s would start trolling SDC, then you'd have some evidence that something has actually changed. But now you lot are going for:

OP: "Look FD! We are doing now what we did yesterday, a month ago, a year ago and five years ago! See what you have done!"
FD: "Errr, okay..."

Be still my heart. Another 'Temper Tantrum'? Thick sinned tough-guys showing their softer sides, with a bit of a cry?

Haven't we been looking for a way to reduce TTK? I guess that is only with respect to traders or explorers, not the PvP privileged.
It’s almost like the only way Fdev will fix it is if a ton of people complain about getting ganked by it on here.

If you want to prove to the devs that the drag buff is OP, wouldn't it be better to play out a number of scenarios with the best PvPers and show that even they can't get a decent fight going under perma-drag conditions?

From the devs' perspective destroying CMDR Joe Average and his friends doesn't prove much about drag munitions since you could already destroy them in seconds before the drag buff was added.

On behalf of all historic trolls, we are taking back our good name. We jötnar have grown weary of you internet types associating us with your own disreputable cretins. We insist you find or invent a new term, and stop confusing us with them. We don’t want anything to do with them either.

If you want to prove to the devs that the drag buff is OP, wouldn't it be better to play out a number of scenarios with the best PvPers and show that even they can't get a decent fight going under perma-drag conditions?

From the devs' perspective destroying CMDR Joe Average and his friends doesn't prove much about drag munitions since you could already destroy them in seconds before the drag buff was added.
FDev simply don't care about PvP in this game, evidenced by things like the drag buff being implemented in the first place.
Hopefully Paige understands what we spent 30 pages talking about in the patchnotes thread, and can communicate that to the devs, and hopefully they realise the insanity of it and decide to revert the drag buff back.
In any case, a lot of people are going to be dragspammed and ganked.

Errr, that is fine, but I am just saying the two are completely unrelated. Some white hats are griefers, some are not. Some griefers are white hats, some are not. This 'campaign' is not a 'white hat operation'. It is not 'exposing vulnerability'. It is just a bunch of trolls trolling as they have always done, and will always do. Which is fine, it is Open, do what you want. But these excuses are just a bit sad. Heck, even if there was a shred of sincerity in OP, he wouldn't purposefully set out in his griefer-troll-shisp to explicitly attack the easiest targets. You guys recorded piles of vids of trolling the easiest targets, recording some more wont prove a thing beyond how you like trolling easy targets.

Now, if a bunch of casuals in T7s would start trolling SDC, then you'd have some evidence that something has actually changed. But now you lot are going for:

OP: "Look FD! We are doing now what we did yesterday, a month ago, a year ago and five years ago! See what you have done!"
FD: "Errr, okay..."

"Err no umm... I ahkshually mehnt...
OP's a big fat lying liar, and just likes easy targets."

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So the question I have is: which power do I pledge to? Packhounds or Pacifiers. I love frags - absolutely meh about missiles. I have seekers with DM on many of my ships already, but they kind of languish next to other weapons

I guess I should ask: which is strictly better, Packhounds or Pacifiers (assuming they're fitted with Drag Munitions)?

So the question I have is: which power do I pledge to? Packhounds or Pacifiers. I love frags - absolutely meh about missiles. I have seekers with DM on many of my ships already, but they kind of languish next to other weapons

I guess I should ask: which is strictly better, Packhounds or Pacifiers (assuming they're fitted with Drag Munitions)?
Pacifiers, 3km away. You dont have to lock on. Faster travel time, Cant be ECM'd. Use basic seekers until you get the hounds. Easy. Oh and you can manually aim them if they drop sinks.

Go with Draghouds if you want to pledge, they defeat most missile defense. The real kicker are small drag turrets: Auto-aim, wide spread and only a single pellet needs to hit for the debuff.

"Err no umm... I ahkshually mehnt...
OP's a big fat lying liar, and just likes easy targets."

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Ah, we're back to that level of discussing things again. Oh well. If you dont see how "I am going to prove how everything changed by doing the same stuff I always do, i.e. kill easy targets with griefer ships!" is either idiotic or insincere than that is on you mate. I give OP the courtesy of not assuming he is an idiot.

You are simply griefing children’s genuine emotional outbursts with coffin nails of logic. Griefer of the worst kind. Shame on you!!!

Frontier should have given these new modifications to higher level NPCs as well, so that everyone gets to experience being on the receiving end.

It would make threads like this redundant and give Frontier a baseline in terms of balance.
If the drags are a problem, people will complain.
If they are not a problem, everyone moves on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom