Size of DLC packs - Vintage Shrinkage!

And to think that of these 238 Vintage pieces 10 (TEN!) are completely useless trapeze animatronics. Who would ever want to use even one of them?
Sometimes you wonder how Froniter puts these packs together. I guess they´re doing a brainstorming session to decide what to add, and then they forget half of it.

And to think that of these 238 Vintage pieces 10 (TEN!) are completely useless trapeze animatronics. Who would ever want to use even one of them?
Sometimes you wonder how Froniter puts these packs together. I guess they´re doing a brainstorming session to decide what to add, and then they forget half of it.
If I remember correctly, someone at Frontier is very into trapeze, and other aerial arts. Perhaps they were created for that reason.

Using that logic, there are dozens of statue pieces (duplicated in stone and in gold) in the Adventure DLC that are totally useless to me.

As Zakman said, you get what you want out of each DLC. I have used virtually nothing out of the Adventure set except a couple fences and a couple animatronics. But still I bought the set!

I guess the final thought on this topic is you buy or don't buy, and use or don't use. Totally personal taste and opinion.

Last edited:
It is impossible for anyone to create something that 100% will love every bit of it. Use the pieces you want and skip the others. If you don't like the DLC or you feel that it does not give value for the money FOR YOU, don't by it. Respect that others have a different view of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said I find the Vintage Pack very useful. I like that I can add a little hint of vintage in my park. The trapeze animatronics are a great edition to Planet Coaster also the Barbershop Quartet. Everyone has there own opinion.

It is not useless. Useless to you maybe. Everyone have different preferences. :)
That´s true. But there is no denying that ten of these animatronics are a bit overkill, especially if you consider the other bits and pieces that we don´t have enough of, or that are missing completely.
These DLC´s just don´t feel complete or particularly well thought through.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Please discuss the subject of a thread and do not resort to discussing each other and how they should and/or shouldn't phrase their opinion. It shouldn't be so hard to just stick with the topic?

I really wanted to see trapeze artists myself, even before the vintage pack was announced. I was surprised they didnt advertise them more, and I only noticed them in a video where somebody went through and discussed each piece. From what I have seen, most players probably agree that the trapeze artists are awesome but as with most things they could be better, and it seems odd how we again get no color choices or animation selection (why couldnt there have just been a few different pieces with a drop down menu instead of 15 different ones) its like with cook "presentation is everything"

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
That´s true. But there is no denying that ten of these animatronics are a bit overkill, especially if you consider the other bits and pieces that we don´t have enough of, or that are missing completely.
Overkill for you maybe, but that doesn't mean overkill for everyone.

Please don't make it sound as if your opinion would count for everyone. Thanks!

The other thing that just occurred to me is that many people have requested some sort of circus/carnival theme. One can't deny they would come in very handy if that happens! [haha] Plus they are already made, freeing up production time for other things!

It's definitely one of the stranger choices. Why trapeze artists? If it was more of a circus/ show themed DLC (jugglers, clowns, magicians, acrobats...) I'd get it but this is sort of random.

...These DLC´s just don´t feel complete or particularly well thought through.
PlanCo in general doesn´t feel well though through. Just look at it closely, some decidions are simply...strange at best... Would be cool to have actual insight into the development and how they decide what each update/DLC will include.

It is simple, do not like it? Do not buy. I did not like everything in every dlc. But I still liked some or many parts much enough to buy them all.

As for the trapeze artists, it fits in the classic vintage park style because back in time (and still today in some parks with that kind of focus) it was part of the park fare to have hall or scene with people doing feats and the trapeze artists fits in this category.

PlanCo in general doesn´t feel well though through. Just look at it closely, some decidions are simply...strange at best... Would be cool to have actual insight into the development and how they decide what each update/DLC will include.
I would like to know key decisions for many companies or the recipe for Coca Cola but those are all business secrets well protected for different reasons. For this to be possible you may act upon one of a few options:

• Apply for a job at Frontier and become a part of the core PC team.
  • BEcome good personal friend with someone who might know and ask that person.
  • Attend one of the public meet ups that Frontier does and ask the question during the Q&A and hope they will answer.
  • Buy enough shares in Frontiers and ask questions at annual shareholders meeting.
  • Read through the yearly financial report and see if it may be refereed to there. You would be surprised how much information about a company and what it is doing you can find in those reports, all in clear text.
  • Wait for a nostalgia/memoir for the game to come out.
  • Just accept that they won't tell you due to business secrets and move on with the life.
  • Develop a game of your own that you have full control of.
I know most of these items are not realistic at all but not sure the question was in the first place either when it comes to an active game/franchise still under development. Why give competitors more information than they need?

It is simple, do not like it? Do not buy. I did not like everything in every dlc. But I still liked some or many parts much enough to buy them all.
I havent purchased any DLCs and most of my friends/family havent purchased the base game because of many issues that they dislike about the game, so to say "just dont buy" isnt that simple cuz I personally want to see Planco grow into something much better

I would like to know key decisions for many companies or the recipe for Coca Cola but those are all business secrets well protected for different reasons. For this to be possible you may act upon one of a few options.
Very bad comparsion with Coca Cola. I´m not asking for key decisions. But there are other companies that share much more from their development process and it doesnt hurt them in any way (it´s kinda other way around, interesting dev.blog about something development related can make great publicity). Frontier themselfs kind of used to do that too, but stopped.

All I´m asking for is better communication and at least some insight into certain stuff. It helps players, but also developers who would see our reactions and maybe get some feedback in advance.

But honestly, I better don´t want to see how they plan and do things, sometimes the results are enough (not saying PC is bad game, just that some things are really bad and I just can´t get how they made that certain decision, probably thinking it´s the best solution).

Not sure I really understand the issues here. TMany other people who've already made the point. Vintage DLC concentrated on other areas over scenery. I dont remember reading anywhere that requirement each and every DLC had to have more content then the last? At the end of the day all that matters is, a large enough customer base finds they are getting enough value out of said DLC. They can charge less or more or the same for said DLC based upon that perceived value. The beauty of these packs is, their completely optional. You don't personally see any value -- dont buy it. If the majority of people dont see value, Frontier will see that through the lack of sales. And most likely make adjustments in the next pack to attempt to rectify the issues with the previous pack.

Also to those who say they are waiting for a direct sequel. Thats great -- but what says that sequel will have the items you feel are missing? Or include everything that was in the original game? Was there a deceleration somewhere that stated Frontier was going to do any of that? The answer is simply really! No they havent said anything of any sort like that. Now JPE is out and im sure the funding Frontier has gotten previously is starting to run dry. They will most likely start working on original IPs more so again in full swing. Maybe PC2, Maybe larger stronger Planet Coaster DLC packs. Maybe something completely new!

Not sure I really understand the issues here. TMany other people who've already made the point. Vintage DLC concentrated on other areas over scenery. I dont remember reading anywhere that requirement each and every DLC had to have more content then the last? At the end of the day all that matters is, a large enough customer base finds they are getting enough value out of said DLC. They can charge less or more or the same for said DLC based upon that perceived value. The beauty of these packs is, their completely optional. You don't personally see any value -- dont buy it. If the majority of people dont see value, Frontier will see that through the lack of sales. And most likely make adjustments in the next pack to attempt to rectify the issues with the previous pack.

Also to those who say they are waiting for a direct sequel. Thats great -- but what says that sequel will have the items you feel are missing? Or include everything that was in the original game? Was there a deceleration somewhere that stated Frontier was going to do any of that? The answer is simply really! No they havent said anything of any sort like that. Now JPE is out and im sure the funding Frontier has gotten previously is starting to run dry. They will most likely start working on original IPs more so again in full swing. Maybe PC2, Maybe larger stronger Planet Coaster DLC packs. Maybe something completely new!
Thinking logical is a beautiful thing. Especially when it comes to business. Well written post! I agree with everything.

Top Bottom