Ship destroyed on hitting self-destruct - what gives?

So I was playing Elite Dangerous, getting very immersed in the deep lore and rich universe, and I decided it would be fun to hit the self destruct button in my ship. But when I did, my ship exploded! This totally broke my immersion, and stopped me from playing the game the way I want. I only have a limited time to play Elite, and if my ship is destroyed every time I hit self-destruct, then I lose a lot of time between button presses.

Please add an option to make the self-destruct button not destroy your ship. In its current state it is highly unbalanced.

You're doing it wrong - you have to demand that the game be redesigned around the way you think it should be played. Just stating it's broken is not enough to meet the grade on the new improved forums ;)

Edit: Dammit - you put in your proposed solution - I stand corrected - let the pages of argument commence!

Don't press it or put your hand in the fire or head in the cooker, I cant believe someone would complain about there own stupidity

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't press it or put your hand in the fire or head in the cooker jesus I cant believe someone would complain about there own stupidity
They wouldn't put it in the game if we weren't supposed to use it. I for one am looking forward to space legs as hopefully it will allow me to put my Space Head in the Space Oven. I assume the Krait has a Space Oven, right next to the Space Nespresso 🤔

So I was playing Elite Dangerous, getting very immersed in the deep lore and rich universe, and I decided it would be fun to hit the self destruct button in my ship. But when I did, my ship exploded! This totally broke my immersion, and stopped me from playing the game the way I want. I only have a limited time to play Elite, and if my ship is destroyed every time I hit self-destruct, then I lose a lot of time between button presses.

Please add an option to make the self-destruct button not destroy your ship. In its current state it is highly unbalanced.
YES! Finally someone else identifies the self destruct button as being the overpowered balance breaking iLose button that it really is, nerf the self destruct now FDev!

Top Bottom