Scenario Editor - Park Skirts?!?

In the livestream earlier they called the surrounding still-uneditable area the "skirt", and said they were difficult to make. I'd like to request the following, hopefully simple, additions to available park skirts:

• Nothing But Ocean - Maybe 12 or so meters deep of water everywhere, no land showing on the horizon. Perfect for building island scenarios, and shouldn't be too hard for the developers to set up.

• Barren - like the Desert skirt but with no vegetation. Good for Mars and other alien world scenarios.
  • Floating in Space - added thanks to breezerHOG's post below.
On the not-so-simple list, there are several requests below for:

• Urban skirts:
    • "buildings poping up between the hills. Just like the one in RCT3."
    • "Downtown... So it looks like your park is in the middle of downtown"
    • "metropolitan skyscapers, old Euro-village buildings"
    • "Suburbs - . . . the park was built outside the city limits but the workers got tired of the long commute so the city zoned the area around the park for housing for the workers and the rest is history, as you get houses, you get shopping areas, and schools . . ."
And
  • "a more lush forest type with a bit flatter land"
  • "Beach one side grass the other!!"
  • "Archipelago"
  • "River (maps with one or several rivers running through the middle or the sides of the map)"

Last edited:
[video=youtube_share;w8K8VcVTdc0]https://youtu.be/w8K8VcVTdc0[/video]

I want space

[video=youtube_share;LbwtxpHe98c]https://youtu.be/LbwtxpHe98c[/video]

And ocean!!

What we really need, is the ability to set certain areas as restricted, certain areas as locked, and certain areas as available. Currently, we can set a park border that is long and thing, or short and wide, but we can not make any other shapes besides a square/rectangle. What about circular park borders? What about S shaped parks, or zig zag parks, or other shapes? What if I want to make a mountain in one area and set that one area to locked but build-able, why am I only able to set the entire map as locked instead of specific areas? We have a grid feature, it seems like we would be able to use that to set restrictions and borders?

Hopefully we can see improvments in that area, along with the addition of purchasing land and setting ownership rights.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree. There should be a sea surrounding were the default outline of the area continues with water instead of hills. [up]

I also miss a rural city surrounding. I wanna see some civilisation in the distance.

you can change all the surrounding land. nothing is off limits unless you make them off lmits
The skirt is non-editable.
Yep. Disappointing, but an understandable resource issue (IIRC the skirt's all one sculpted object -- even the trees). So we either need the ability to import our own skirts, or we need the developers to fill in some of the gaps in the skirt selection: At least one barren (no vegetation -- Desert would make a great Mars if it weren't for the trees) , and . . .
And ocean!!
Yeah I agree. There should be a sea surrounding were the default outline of the area continues with water instead of hills.
Thanks guys. [heart]

I want space
Ohhhhhhh, good idea! No edges, nothing but the editable park space floating in a starry skybox! [up]

I also miss a rural city surrounding. I wanna see some civilisation in the distance.
Although I agree with you, I'd like to keep the initial list to things the developers should be able do easily. Nothing-but-12Mdeep-ocean should be pretty easy. Removing vegitation from an existing skirt (Desert seems best) is a bit of work (since it's all one sculpted object they'll probably have to delete all the faces or vertices in the wooded area and resculpt it, then rework some of the outer land shapes, then rework the texture). And now that breezerHOG brings it up, slab-floating-in-space should be pretty easy, no surrounding land to deal with.

I was thinking how cool it would be if in the nothing-but-space one the other side was upside down, but that's probably way too hard to implement. Cities are a similiar issue -- lots of work, and that's after figuring out what a "generic" city looks like! (Or what city you're using for inspiration, which has its own issues for a global customer base.)

Another Option for the Skirt... Downtown... So it looks like your park is in the middle of downtown... Or something along those lines... Granted we could fake it by just making a wall going around the park that has just facades on it...

Looking at the Park front areas on the game currently I get the idea of making hotels & a parking garages there ( covering the spawn point of course )

Currently going through my main park looking for places to set up as picnic areas ;-)

Another Option for the Skirt... Downtown... So it looks like your park is in the middle of downtown... Or something along those lines... Granted we could fake it by just making a wall going around the park that has just facades on it...

Looking at the Park front areas on the game currently I get the idea of making hotels & a parking garages there ( covering the spawn point of course )

Currently going through my main park looking for places to set up as picnic areas ;-)
Love the idea of a downtown. I’d also love a more lush forest type with a bit flatter land

Yes I do miss a downtown option! Plus the ocean of course.

Many parks in Europe are very old parks which are in mid of the city. back in time it was on edge of city but eventually got engulfed!
Of course I understand the issue of building types.. metropolitan skyscapers, old Euro-village buildings... Maybe those two to begin with..

If the so called skirt is not rendered like the rest of the terrain. Than it is not more than a image file whit some height.
For sure no problem. But it would be nice that we can build or own skirts. I love alpine. But its to flat.

Also for terrain like to see 2 extra tools/adjustings.
1 where we can make forest. So we say a round cirkel of 10to 100meters. Where we can put like several of the same treeson it
Orther is 100%flat terrain. We can lvel it but not perfect. Big service is 100% flat but one side is 10meters high orther side is 9.7meter high instead of complete 10meter high for example

Although I agree with you, I'd like to keep the initial list to things the developers should be able do easily. Nothing-but-12Mdeep-ocean should be pretty easy. Removing vegitation from an existing skirt (Desert seems best) is a bit of work (since it's all one sculpted object they'll probably have to delete all the faces or vertices in the wooded area and resculpt it, then rework some of the outer land shapes, then rework the texture). And now that breezerHOG brings it up, slab-floating-in-space should be pretty easy, no surrounding land to deal with.

I was thinking how cool it would be if in the nothing-but-space one the other side was upside down, but that's probably way too hard to implement. Cities are a similiar issue -- lots of work, and that's after figuring out what a "generic" city looks like! (Or what city you're using for inspiration, which has its own issues for a global customer base.)
No no, about the rural downtown surroundings. In my suggestion I just intended a new backdrop with buildings poping up between the hills. Just like the one in RCT3. [happy]

No no, about the rural downtown surroundings. In my suggestion I just intended a new backdrop with buildings poping up between the hills. Just like the one in RCT3. [happy]
I've added this and requests from other posts to the top-post list -- thanks people!

Last edited:
Just had another Idea for Urban - Suburbs - Namely the park was built outside the city limits but the workers got tired of the long commute so the city zoned the area around the park for housing for the workers and the rest is history, as you get houses, you get shopping areas, and schools & so forth and so on.

- Alien World - so your sci-fi park looks like it's on MARS ;-) granted floating in space could work w/ that as well, but this is just another option of course.

My personal wishilst (some things have already been mentioned):

Ocean
Beachfront (one side of the map with a big beach, the rest of the map with grass/tropical, maybe a river
Island
Archipelago
River (maps with one or several rivers running through the middle or the sides of the map)
Urban (big city in the background)

People would only complain that they can't change the locations of the rivers.
You know it's true.
Yeah, but that doesn't keep me from suggesting.[big grin] What Frontier implements is their decision anyway[yesnod]. We can only suggest and try to participate in development.[big grin] That's all. People would also complain if we get some scenery theme for free because they wanted another theme [mouth shut][tongue][big grin]

Top Bottom