In the livestream earlier they called the surrounding still-uneditable area the "skirt", and said they were difficult to make. I'd like to request the following, hopefully simple, additions to available park skirts:
- Nothing But Ocean - Maybe 12 or so meters deep of water everywhere, no land showing on the horizon. Perfect for building island scenarios, and shouldn't be too hard for the developers to set up.
- Barren - like the Desert skirt but with no vegetation. Good for Mars and other alien world scenarios.
- Trucker0werner's asked for one with "100% flat terrain" far enough into the skirt that it doesn't clash with the voxel area, this seems like the best place for it (although I'd expect the one below would do for it too).
- Floating in Space - added thanks to breezerHOG's post below.
- Urban skirts:
- "buildings poping up between the hills. Just like the one in RCT3."
- "Downtown... So it looks like your park is in the middle of downtown"
- "metropolitan skyscapers, old Euro-village buildings"
- "Suburbs - . . . the park was built outside the city limits but the workers got tired of the long commute so the city zoned the area around the park for housing for the workers and the rest is history, as you get houses, you get shopping areas, and schools . . ."
- "a more lush forest type with a bit flatter land"
- "Beach one side grass the other!!"
- "River (maps with one or several rivers running through the middle or the sides of the map)"