COMPLETED CG Sagittarius Eye Appeal (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
...this is an event, something that turns the normal grind into a bit more than a grind. :):)
You obviously haven't done a trading CG before. Back and forth, forth and back, rinse, repeat and then tomorrow -- same stuff, different day. For me, even the pirates have been boring with being awful-easy-to-out-fly or so late on the drop they fly into the station's No-Fire Zone expecting me to wet my pants. Nope. But not all are as tedious, I like the combat CGs, got most of my rank in them and decent bank as well. S&R CGs are the most harrowing, flying into heavily damaged stations and rescuing desk jockies as the fire and smoke and debris fills the station. If they bring those back I might just buy another Python and outfit it solely for S&R, my 'Conda being a bit too large for that role.

I just don't understand people. Why do something if you don't enjoy it?

I hauled a couple of runs for the CG, then continued on my way to the things I was planning/wanting to do. If I get time and am in the area, I might do another couple of runs. But there's no way in space that I'm going to spend a week every day hauling cargo for a CG. Or fighting. Or whatever.

Unless under time pressure for something, I'll almost always drop in on a couple of USS's enroute to a station too, scan some ships, or whatever, and get materials. By the time I get to an Engineer I usually have enough to put another grade on a module.

But I never "grind". Where's the fun in that? I just enjoy flying my spaceship and doing various things along the way.

I just don't understand people. Why do something if you don't enjoy it?
Did not say it is not enjoyable, just repetitive. I'm still flying my beasty, scoffing at the occasional pirate, cussing out the NPCs that flaunt every rule through the mail slot, making some coin, helping with a project, and making a few Trader points (just popped Tycoon status). After about ten days in the black doing Ram Tah's bidding, it's a welcome if less-than-challenging change of pace. I even caught up with the news. Dang Alliance is falling to pieces!

Next up is deep-core mining and billionaire status (I hope), another tedious activity that still has its own rewards -- BOOM! Void opals and LTDs.

Dang Alliance is falling to pieces!
Not yet it should hold itself from falling apart for 3 more weeks... Then it will split apart just in time for the next II activity ...
Were Feds and empire can pick of systems as the alliance goes in to civil war and splits in half...

Got nailed by a CMDR last night.

Panicked, accidentally hit silent running instead of heat sink. Boom, rebuy! I didn't know a Python could be destroyed so quickly even without shields..

Not yet it should hold itself from falling apart for 3 more weeks... Then it will split apart just in time for the next II activity ...
Were Feds and empire can pick of systems as the alliance goes in to civil war and splits in half...
Im not sure about this. There are two other storylines widens.
1. Gan Romero. Dont forget that the stolen Diamondback Explorer "was fitted for exploration with a high jump range, and it sounds like this guy was heading somewhere really far away. " But where? We must find crash sites or we will see a special exploring CG, not the usual way?
2. Tilbery Construction. What are they doing? Weapon or special compartment item with water cooling? Or just a quick terraforming there? How can we help it? And whats the task with the opposing anti-slavery charity Unchain?

Alliance half-split seems too simple, too expected, and too plain for a special event like II2.

You obviously haven't done a trading CG before. Back and forth, forth and back, rinse, repeat and then tomorrow -- same stuff, different day. For me, even the pirates have been boring with being awful-easy-to-out-fly or so late on the drop they fly into the station's No-Fire Zone expecting me to wet my pants. Nope. But not all are as tedious, I like the combat CGs, got most of my rank in them and decent bank as well. S&R CGs are the most harrowing, flying into heavily damaged stations and rescuing desk jockies as the fire and smoke and debris fills the station. If they bring those back I might just buy another Python and outfit it solely for S&R, my 'Conda being a bit too large for that role.
Oh don't get me wrong, I was using the term "grind" in context. Taking 40 mins to plough a field in FS17 could be regarded as "grind" as are doing Tinker Tom's low paid climbing puzzles in FO4 but not necessarily unenjoyable. In fact my persistence with this CG is paying off in terms of money and XP. Each run from Sango to McMullen is netting me over 1 million in credits and I've advanced from around 35% Broker in Trade to 44%. Plus I've now advanced into the top 50% of contributors (doubt I'll hit 25% at this late stage). it's actually given a sense of purpose as opposed to flying around doing random trading.

Final day/ less than 24hrs...
End time = 12th June 3305 @ 13:00 UTC

Stations are still over flowing with items for the CG... The intern picked 3 items that were in high supply for once in local space...

Last edited:
I'm using Farrukh in Sango which requires a FSD boost to get back in one jump, but yes very surprised the resources are in plentiful supply. TBH, given how popular this game is supposed to be find it surprising only 2k and a bit players have taken part. Maybe there aren't the numbers playing anymore or, as I indicated a few posts ago, maybe this was really such a poorly advertised low key event, not many turned up. To my pleasant surprise, two drops this afternoon and I'm in the top 25% so seems a lot of people have done one or two trips then CBA to do any further contribution.

Final day/ less than 24hrs...
12th June 3305 @ 13:00 UTC
Would you be so kind as to garner the various lotteries' winning numbers from Tuesday night and post them here for we poor TARDIS-bereft commanders? ;)
(Posted Tuesday 11th June 17:09)
Whoops! - see below. :oops:

Last edited:
Got nailed by a CMDR last night.

Panicked, accidentally hit silent running instead of heat sink. Boom, rebuy! I didn't know a Python could be destroyed so quickly even without shields..
Lol, yea afraid so, 2-3yrs ago when I 1st did some CG runs in my shielded Python (but only lightly engineered), in 1 attack by 2 cmdrs I lost my shlds in a few seconds & was dead a few seconds later, I was surprised by that!
On this CG in my Conda (with the 5A shld gen from the Python, but (legacy) G5 reinforced engineered plus a whole bunch of boosters all max engineered), on 1 attack by a Cutter & a 2nd ship (possibly just a SLF) my shlds held just long enough for me to get out, despite me (stupidly) trying to emergency drop to the station as I was close to it, & having to wait for the long cooldown. I jumped system with just 1 ring left on my shields.
On a later attack by just a Krait phantom, which I didn't consider a real threat (big mistake!), he fired some missiles which disabled my FSD, repeatedly! I had not come across this before (though I vaguely remember hearing of it), & didn't know what to do! After multiple failed attempts to jump, & 1 futile attempt to fight! I lost my ship :(. Following that and a chat on Discord, I ditched the chaff launcher & fitted an ECM, I hope next time I can thwart that weapon after the initial volley, but I'm not certain! lol.
And later on, another attack by a shieldless FDL! (wth?? lol), he fired what I later founds out to be rail guns with super penetrator, he only got 2, maybe 3 shots onto me before I jumped out (with no visible shield damage), and yet when I docked I found out my thrusters were down to 60%! I swapped the little HRP I had for a small MRP.

Anyway, my point is a shieldless big-ish ship is really vulnerable to a pvp attack! Although my Conda is nowhere near a battle-conda, it has reasonably decent shlds, but weak hull, to allow it's roll as a long range hauler with ok defences. This is the build of my Conda Serenity if you're interested.
Back to a few more runs on this CG :), if I'm not too late....

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
AHA! Once again I make an idiot of myself. I automatically assumed that the CG would end on a Thursday. My apologies. :oops:
Bit confusing for the old timers I know, but from what Will has said on the streams, CGs ending at 13:00 UTC on Wednesdays will be the new norm. This allows for any galaxy impact (ownership changes etc) that requires the main weekly server tick to occur to go into effect on Thursday mornings when said event occurs.

Bit confusing for the old timers I know, but from what Will has said on the streams, CGs ending at 13:00 UTC on Wednesdays will be the new norm. This allows for any galaxy impact (ownership changes etc) that requires the main weekly server tick to occur to go into effect on Thursday mornings when said event occurs.
I like the idea of this. A chance to visit the new station on Thursday before something else metaphorically jingles the shiny keys in front of me and I'm off doing something else that's too far away for a passing visit.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
I like the idea of this. A chance to visit the new station on Thursday before something else metaphorically jingles the shiny keys in front of me and I'm off doing something else that's too far away for a passing visit.
Yeah - I presume this applies to new asteroid bases as well, though not convinced those actually all into the "needs the server tick" category. Construction time seems to have gone by the wayside nowadays - they obviously have employed some new, faster labourers with all the money they have to buy Tantallum at those process ;)

Yeah - I presume this applies to new asteroid bases as well, though not convinced those actually all into the "needs the server tick" category. Construction time seems to have gone by the wayside nowadays - they obviously have employed some new, faster labourers with all the money they have to buy Tantallum at those process ;)
Its way worse. Last time, on 14th Feb 3305, we collect tons of exploration data and thousands of commodities (cobalt, indium and tantalum!!!) for a new science outpost in the Nahuaru system to help Nahuaru Crimson Bridge Int. The outpost never built, despite "Our aim is to construct a dedicated scientific facility to analyse these incredible lifeforms.". It was 4 months ago. Nothing happened.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom