Roadmap leaked??

I don't believe it.
A) TT Games made Lego Star Wars Force Awakens, I doubt Frontier would get the contract. Also Lucasfilm Games Division has also started back up.
B) The Technical Artist mentioned wouldn't share even with a friend in confidence, anything covered by an NDA, it'd be more than their career's worth, they'd never be hired again in the games industry.

It's Fake. ... BUT ... that is not to say that some of the things claimed won't actually happen.

But still fake.

In my opinion.

Someone's gonna have to haul the goods out there.
Or mine the materials on site or in system. Its very very doable with all kinds of new gameplay posibilitys. It just needs to stay very single player or before you know it there will be bases and civilization everywhere. If you see the vast empty galaxy as an asset at least.

I hope it's fake! If fdev don't release atmospheric planets in 2020 the game will be doomed!! I mean.. I like the idea of legs and base building... But not before atmospheric planets and new exploration contents!
Don't like the idea of turning Elite Dangerous into a first person shooter. No thanks to Starship Troopers

I doubt a genuine leaker would reveal his source. But imagine if it were true, it would make life hell for all the artistic staff wondering who......

Is JWE in such a bad place? I know it has its critics, like with ED, but not sure the forums are a guide.

But I do believe Legs would provide more micro-transaction income for FD than atmospheric landings. They are part way there with the Holo-Me and now auto-travel-docking-thingy.

They would want to do atmospheric planets really really well - stunning visually and with the sensation you are really there. My guess it will come in stages as we originally understood, but perhaps not before Legs. Or perhaps in conjunction with "mini-legs" which is walking around in the ships and EVA in space.

So somebody presumably posted some hearsay. I'm not really getting much out of this. Spacelegs has been long anticipated, and seems like a natural direction to take, but it won't be easy, and might as well never happen. It could work as an attempt to "relaunch" this game. I was a bit shocked when they admitted having explored possible models for the thargies in the past though. Then we have ingame characters, for no other purpose than editor, menu screens and cosmetic items? Regarding FPS, how this game should be played, has been interesting subject for a while.

... Regarding FPS, how this game should be played, has been interesting subject for a while.
I could engage sarcastic mode, but in the past that has riled people up the wrong way .... so ...
Not saying Elite Dangerous won't have walking around in it, but First Person Shooter style game is new to Frontier and Elite, so as I stated above, I am of the opinion this is fake.

A) TT Games made Lego Star Wars Force Awakens, I doubt Frontier would get the contract. Also Lucasfilm Games Division has also started back up.
Indeed TT have been making Lego games since 2005 so it would be quite a leap for Lego/Warner Bros and the holders of the SW gaming ip to shift production to a new company with no prior experience of lego games.

Also TT is a subsidiary of Warner Bros who own the lego gaming IP.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
But let's be brutally honest. Unless FD offer some more information about their official roadmap(s), this kind of "leak" is going to keep coming.

Speculation loves a vacuum.
They are a PLC and have all that comes with to consider. There's no way they would give concrete info about future projects, just in the same way they haven't for years. People can keep trying to make leaks, but if they're as lazy as this one then it'll be fine :D

Also imo Base Building in Elite is completely pointless because of instancing/modes, let alone making no sense what-so-ever in the context of the game.

They are a PLC and have all that comes with to consider. There's no way they would give concrete info about future projects, just in the same way they haven't for years. People can keep trying to make leaks, but if they're as lazy as this one then it'll be fine :D

Also imo Base Building in Elite is completely pointless because of instancing/modes, let alone making no sense what-so-ever in the context of the game.
Indeed, they haven't achieved Fleet Carriers yet !

A wise (but sneaky) man once said that the best place to hide a lie is between two truths.

This is probably somebody who did get some information about FDev using it to provide credibility for their own assumptions.

To be brutal, FDev's "100 person team" took two years to produce Horizons and more than a year to produce Beyond.
Unless they're all mainlining Proplus and NZT-48, I can't see them putting together a viable FPS and a base-building system in 18 months as well as rolling out bug-fixes and minor updates at the same time.

The only thing I take from this is that if base building can be done (as already mentioned) and if it is FD's intention to do so.. Then it does kinda make sense that space legs and base building would come before atmospherics.. Those would be game play elements that give us as players a reason to land as has often been said is necessary for the introduction of more landables..

Whether this is a genuine leak remains to be seen tho'..

Unless they're all mainlining Proplus and NZT-48, I can't see them putting together a viable FPS and a base-building system in 18 months as well as rolling out bug-fixes and minor updates at the same time.
a "framework" for a hyptothetical viable FPS and base-building system on the other hand ... 😁

Top Bottom