Roadmap leaked??

Um, yeah, after many years of studying the establishment dogma.

Have another look at the map and think about what you see, for yourself ;)

Edit: And I meant someone who was alive back then, and is still alive now. :p
There's nothing wrong with the map. The idea that Pangea was something like a huge swelling on one side of the planet is quite simply false. The surface of the planet might be ~70% water, but that water comprises about 3% of the planet's entire composition. In other words, the 'swelling' doesn't have the effect you think it would, because it's just not enough of a difference to the scale of the earth.

Besides that, gravity is determined by mass. Do you think the earth's mass has changed substantially in the few hundred million years of earth's 4+ billion years of existence? Cuz it hasn't.

Of course, and plate tectonics itself was apparently pseudoscience 100 years ago...

All the really great leaps forward in understanding the world we live in are ridiculed at first.

All of them?

Are you sure about that?

And who's doing the ridiculing?

Of course, and plate tectonics itself was apparently pseudoscience 100 years ago...

All the really great leaps forward in understanding the world we live in are ridiculed at first.

Plenty of ridiculous stuff gets ridiculed too.

lol, it does at that. Lucky Stellar Forge proves the Earth isn't flat eh ;)
As a rule I try to avoid forming a worldview based on the contents of video games.

I mean, I'm still hoping Alduin is going to arise from a mountain somewhere but I'm not expecting it.

As a rule I try to avoid forming a worldview based on the contents of video games.

I mean, I'm still hoping Alduin is going to arise from a mountain somewhere but I'm not expecting it.
Ima cross all my fingies and toesies he doesn't show up before we find Raxxla!

Sure but since most historical fringe theories were NOT true and were also ridiculed, it doesn't mean much when a current fringe theory is ridiculed. It's probably not true, and if it is true it'll need better argumentation than "consensus has been wrong before"

I don't care about space legs, I remember when EVE tried to do it and failed miserably. I don't know if they ever did anything with it other than walking around 1 room.
Well yeah, EVE pitched something very unexciting, and it was unpopular. FDev's pitches are more exciting however...

FDev's pitches seem to be even more ambitious though. The TLDR for me is that CCP didn't actually add a 'new game' into their game, given the lack of game mechanics proposed alongside the tech additions. IE:

EVE's early 2006 pitch was:

• A social MMO 'side build' from the main game with mini games etc.
  • Aspects like combat possibly to follow but not promised.
Despite missing its initial 2008 launch date by a mile, and getting caught up in weird scope bloat & daydreaming, it ended up delivering a stripped down version:

EVE's launch feature list:

• A 'side build' from the main game, initially offline.
  • Primary focus on easing in new players & duplicating current functionality in an immersive environment. (And getting the baseline tech working solidly in the process).
  • A staged approach bringing MMO style interactions & minor novel gameplay later (illicit deals in your hosted area etc).
(Here's some background reading I undertook to try and understand what went on :D)

So the broader locations and MMO aspect slipped from the initial delivery, but ultimately it kinda went to plan. It was just a bad plan... :/

---

By comparison:

FDev's early pitches are [1]:

• First-person mobility within the active game world, including PvP aspects.
-and/or-

• A 'side build' from the main game (space station interiors) with multiplayer aspects, NPC interactions & combat.
I'd definitely classify both of those as 'new games', one built alongside the current game, and the other injected within it.

I think there's some more pragmatic implementation going on (Avs actually in the working game environment already, networking, assets etc etc), but the pitch still seems pretty daunting and untravelled.

Guess we'll see what any actual launch pitch aims for ;)
Results may be different too ;)

Sure but since most historical fringe theories were NOT true and were also ridiculed, it doesn't mean much when a current fringe theory is ridiculed. It's probably not true, and if it is true it'll need better argumentation than "consensus has been wrong before"
Hey, sometimes ridicule was a bonus. Better than imprisonment or death.

The establishment often isn't forgiving when you mess with their narrative.

I don't care about space legs, I remember when EVE tried to do it and failed miserably. I don't know if they ever did anything with it other than walking around 1 room.
Atmospheric landings and the ice planets we were shown first please.
Well I for one would love space legs, heck its the reason why I’ve stuck around for so long. I looking forward to the day that we can stretch our legs and do the things a normal human being in space could do when not confined to their seats. I want to interact with my environment, but secretly I want to jump out of my Imperial Cutter from low earth orbit and dive to the surface on some sort of jetpack. Afterwards I’d get lost on the ground exploring all the biomes and cave systems 😜. Will that day ever come? Who knows, but one can hope 😂. Also Eve is an abnormality, games with legs have been proven to be very successful, just look at Star Citizen and No Man’s Sky to name a few, those games are successful both financially and at resonating with players.

Last edited:
It adds weight, if you want it to. An obvious extension, perhaps, to Coaster and Park... or just "easy" given the engine, layout and successes. I dunno; doesn't mean the rest is/was real but I guess that's the first tick box!

Tbh I remember about 2 years ago fdev filed a copyright claim to planet zoo (cant find the link but its somewhere I'll dig it out if anyone bothered) so it was an easy guess but that makes the Jurassic world and planet zoo leaks correct (including the rough release date of zoo) I'm starting to believe a little more but still have reservations

Top Bottom