Roadmap leaked??

And that's where ED gets interesting. How will FDev address the issue of epigenetics in varied gravity?
Have you even seen how shallow, poorly designed and half-baked the rest of the game is? It's a series of mostly proof of concept placeholders tacked together in some vaguely video-game ish caricature.

"Epigenetics in varied gravity" is as much of a cognitive issue to FDev as quantum mechanics is to a chimpanzee.

No it was simple logic. Its not difficult to assume that a company wants to get paid for developing games, and the season pass thing that was being sold covered both time (im pretty sure, at least via delivery estimates of the major patches) and features. I think they were made public around the time of selling to let people know what they getting.

You'd assume that they would release something next only for the expectation to get paid for their work.

The strange part is how it turned out, frontier took multiples of time to deliver what they originally promised, and they decided not to get paid for what came next. Crazy.
It was un unchecked rumor, that may originally have been close to the truth.

Horizons in the end didn't sell really well at the price they initially set for it. So the money coming in from that one of their products was probably under their original estimate which extends the amount of time it took to become financially viable.

They always said expansions were dependent on financial viability. Doing it via reduced price horizons and cosmetic sales just took longer.

Let's face it, the only two things that the majority of players are currently looking forward to; space-legs and atmo' landings.

Sometimes it is just smart to say nothing.
I know you said majority so I am not disproving your claim, but whilst I would not say no to those things I would be MORE excited about AI ship's crew for running our big ships as well as RPG elements to recruit, train, protect them and keep them happy .
Also with proper NPC persistence so no magic repairing ships and being able to interact with NPC's we have either saved or annoyed in the future

Also people talk space legs like running round on a planet but I think Eva with on the fly ship repairs and perhaps wreck exploring could be a separate dlc in and of itself. That said I do fear that some of the playerbase would cry foul if their 1 click repair ship button was replaced with having to actually get out and repair your ship because that could not be automated to do it itself :(

Last edited:
Well, this leak is credible only because its content was removed quickly from Reddit.
However, knowing how FDev struggles to implement permanent changes into the game, base building seems unlikely - as well as updating a spaceship game to FPS gameplay. I mean, it sounds like building a new game into another game that is now 5-year old.

Given how mismanaged this game became, at this point anything is possible.

I think space legs is a huge selling point for the game as its main competition already have it. So I'd say it's likely we're getting it before atmospheric landings.

Well, this leak is credible only because its content was removed quickly from Reddit.
However, knowing how FDev struggles to implement permanent changes into the game, base building seems unlikely - as well as updating a spaceship game to FPS gameplay. I mean, it sounds like building a new game into another game that is now 5-year old.

The moderators of /r/Pcgaming (where the apparent leak was posted) often remove alleged insider leaks if they feel a gamedev's job is at risk due to NDAs & sensitive info.

So If I say you're a lying piece of filth, and then quickly remove the comment, that makes it credible?
This "leak" is in no way credible.
You are quoting out of context.
I wrote the fact that it was removed by mods (and gains traction) would normally hint that it could be real. However, the listed content does not sound real.

If you ask me space legs leave me cold and I wish for atmo landings.

I was quoting you out of context was I?
I am happy to admit I was wrong ... but here is the post I quoted, and I don't see how it was out of context.

But whatever .... I don't care.

Last edited:
I know you said majority so I am not disproving your claim, but whilst I would not say no to those things I would be MORE excited about AI ship's crew for running our big ships as well as RPG elements to recruit, train, protect them and keep them happy .
Uhuh,

My point was really that space-legs and atmo' landings are "the big two", as requested by the majority of the player-base so disavowing that "roadmap" would mean immediately disappointing one of those factions and setting a precedent whereby FDev WILL quash incorrect rumours.

That being the case, the logical next step would be for somebody to start another rumour suggesting that atmo' landings is on the way.
If FDev refute that rumour then they've succeeded in disappointing the other big faction and revealed that neither space-legs or atmo' landings is on the way.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if "The Next Big Thing" is something completely out of left-field - as long as it's something significant enough to justify a 2 year wait.
I half-joked about the next expansion being some kind of commerce expansion but that's only cos I figured it would be abstract enough to not upset those not interested in it, it might explain why fleet-carriers were "delayed" and it might be something that could be put together quickly enough to seem like FDev had some kind of paid update already in development.

Main thing to bear in mind is that any future expansion needs to be optional.
It has to be something that players can buy if they want to engage in that activity or they can ignore if they want to and carry on playing the game in it's current state.

Course, if FDev are committed to a path and they're confident in both their ability to make it happen AND in it's popularity, you'd think they'd be confident in announcing (in broad terms) what it is.

If they're keeping quiet in case it doesn't work out and they're force to develop something entirely different instead, that doesn't bode well for the future of "The Next Big Thing".
I mean, with a 2 year development, are they going to spend, say, a year trying to develop space-legs and then decide they can't do it, cancel it and then quickly cobble together atmo' landings instead?

I was quoting you out of context was I?
I am happy to admit I was wrong ... but here is the post I quoted, and I don't see how it was out of context.

But whatever .... I don't care.
You only quoted the first sentence, in which I made a statement then below I made an opposite statement. Not that difficult really. :)

1. At the time the notion that it was removed quickly made it look legit (which may not be true, see StuartGT's post)
2. BUT: The listed content looks dubious, especially user created permanent content in the Galaxy, it was said many times that this is not feasible in the procedural galaxy
3. HOWEVER: I think the game has been mismanaged lately and anything can happen with it

You only quoted the first sentence, in which I made a statement then below I made an opposite statement. Not that difficult really. :)

1. At the time the notion that it was removed quickly made it look legit (which may not be true, see StuartGT's post)
2. BUT: The listed content looks dubious, especially user created permanent content in the Galaxy, it was said many times that this is not feasible in the procedural galaxy
3. HOWEVER: I think the game has been mismanaged lately and anything can happen with it
OK, as you won't let it go .... you started by saying the "leak" was credible because it was posted on Reddit, then talked about Frontier. The two were not linked, it was not taken out of context.

Stop derailing this thread.

Last edited:
OK, as you won't let it go .... you started by saying the "leak" was credible because it was posted on Reddit, then talked about Frontier. The two were not linked, it was not taken out of context.

Stop derailing this thread.
I do not let it go = you have to be the last one to have a go, after you misinterpreted what I wrote - plain and simple.
Obviously, I made the mistake by engaging in the Dangerous subforums...

Spacelegs as FPS shooter? Wrong debate. Space;legs needs to be like Gravity. Real jeopardy in space, not psycho shootouts that a hundred other dedicated games already do well.
I like the idea of different mechanics for moving around in variable G environments.
Floating, scooting, walking, crawling etc.
A big ask I'm sure.

Honestly, guys, do you seriously think that spacelegs would be possible with current P2P networking design?
Ya'll experiencing brief slutter while changing instances in supercruise. There are issues winging together in same instance not mentioning state where actual multi-crew is right now. Networking model is sluttering-unstable trash compared to nowadays standarts and it's simply incompatible with anything related to spacelegs.

Honestly, guys, do you seriously think that spacelegs would be possible with current P2P networking design?
Ya'll experiencing brief slutter while changing instances in supercruise. There are issues winging together in same instance not mentioning state where actual multi-crew is right now. Networking model is sluttering-unstable trash compared to nowadays standarts and it's simply incompatible with anything related to spacelegs.
Saying the current networking is 'completely incompatible' with Cmdr-scale gameplay is way overblown.

• The networking currently handles player ships alongside 'cmdr scale' mobile items like limpets while tracking numerous shared external objects like cargo cannisters / materials etc.
  • It also does all that while allowing multiple Cmdr perspectives within one ship & rendering Cmdr avs & shared internal object states re menu holos etc.
It's part of the way there already.

Would it all have similar issues to the existing ones you mention? Yeah, probably ;). (Hopefully not as bad, but given there'd be a lot more load, I'm not holding my breath there. But hey, I'm assuming you get the game to work occasionally now right? ;))

Top Bottom