Re: Stargate

............ I won't be using the suggest feature part of the forum anymore. ..........
Suggest away but you might consider using the search function first just to see what (if anything) has been covered previously about any idea you might have. (No reason why you can't suggest something that has been discussed before of course, things change.)

Also - remember that people will post in support and people will post in opposition - that's just debate, as long as people don't get personal or abusive of course. :)

Stargates and wormholes get requested alot here.
Even I once suggested it back when I was new. Lol
I quickly learned the error of my ways. :p

We have engineering, neutron jumps and FSD synthesis for faster travel times to distant systems, but there's still no particularly good way to speed in-system travel.
Supercruise is pretty "flat" as far as ship performance goes. All ships accelerate and decelerate the same.
There been plenty of good suggestions for fixing this, from FSD supercruise performance engineering, and micro jumps, to a turbo boost, but so far nothing new.

All ships accelerate and decelerate the same.
It's just me being pedantic, but I would more likely say, "all ships travel the same speed in SC, acceleration/deceleration only exist in real space."

But OP, don't avoid the suggestion forums, you are just getting a lot of flat no's because we have discussed this so many times we are tired of the subject. Personally I think we should keep a fast travel thread as sticky to add all the new ones to. Wormholes, stargates, jump gates, even hearth stones like WoW have all been suggested and discussed, but that type technology is just not part of the ED Universe.

However new people to the game may come up with new and interesting ideas we can get behind and support, so feel free to suggest away.

o7

When you fly around for a while completing missions.. etc. etc. It can get a little tiring having to trek out to bases and stations that you know is going to take you an hour of game play to complete..

May I suggest that you can purchase a stargate type module that will allow you to travel instantly to a previous destination that you have spent time in. I suggest this only as a time saver for people who don't have the luxury of all day play..

o7
No thanks.

It's a shame really that so many 'regular' posters bother replying to a thread on a feature they have absolutely no interest in, seemingly to bully the OP into submission to renounce his request and where even the moderators wave the post away.
So we are only supposed to comment if we agree with the suggestion?

How is that a discussion?

No to jump gates, wormholes or modules that do similiar, sorry. :)

It's a shame really that so many 'regular' posters bother replying to a thread on a feature they have absolutely no interest in, seemingly to bully the OP into submission to renounce his request and where even the moderators wave the post away.
Oh No You Don't! - You can't get away with that rubbish matey. People can post in support and in opposition. People are posting against the suggestion because they ARE interested - interested in the adverse effect that the suggestion would have on their enjoyment.

Nowt to do with bullying or prohibiting people's views - which is exactly what you are suggesting. So I don't agree with your suggestion that I can't post in objection.

You might think that spaghetti monsters invading stations and soaking everything in Ragù is a good idea so you can suggest it but don't you dare suggest that I can't make a post saying that I think the suggestion is risible.

So that way someone can post a suggestion and claim they have 100% support for it from the forum users because there were no posts against it?

You thinking of posting a PPOO thread soon?

It's shorthand - and fast travel has been requested so many times that those opposed to it are probably rather bored with the repetitive requests and can't bring themselves to expend the effort involved in a more detailed rebuttal.
Fast travel do exist in the form of Ferry services like the Zende Partner thingamabob to Synuefe yada yada yada LOLBBQSauce system 101.

I do wish that they would have ferry services to Colonia too.....

Fast travel do exist in the form of Ferry services like the Zende Partner thingamabob to Synuefe yada yada yada LOLBBQSauce system 101.

I do wish that they would have ferry services to Colonia too.....
Yeah, I don't really understand the logic to the Guardian ferries. 700ly is mostly nothing for a decent ranged ship. Especially if you use Jackson's Lighthouse to skip 250~ly of it.

A Colonia ferry would be quite useful.
I know it's supposed to be remote, but meh, makes more sense to jump that far. Lol

Oh No You Don't! - You can't get away with that rubbish matey. People can post in support and in opposition. People are posting against the suggestion because they ARE interested - interested in the adverse effect that the suggestion would have on their enjoyment.

Nowt to do with bullying or prohibiting people's views - which is exactly what you are suggesting. So I don't agree with your suggestion that I can't post in objection.

You might think that spaghetti monsters invading stations and soaking everything in Ragù is a good idea so you can suggest it but don't you dare suggest that I can't make a post saying that I think the suggestion is risible.
The explanation you gave in your post was fair and valid, I actually agree that the request may be un-researched and not warranted in a 'flying a spaceship game' I personally cannot see myself using a Jump gate.
Furthermore I didn't include your post in my thoughts.

Furthermore I didn't include your post in my thoughts.
I didn't say that.
Unfortunately by saying "replying to a thread on a feature they have absolutely no interest in, seemingly to bully the OP into submission to renounce his request " you are actually implying that people should not object.

You might not have meant it that way but that is how it can be read, such is the bane of bulletin boards. anywayup - 'nuff said.

Why remove the fuel rats from your signature. If you are a fuel rat?

And thank you for listing to people points.
I removed it because, while I thought it was good idea, I actually don't have the time to do it.. maybe if someone arrived in SOL and ran out of fuel I would help, I got ahead of myself and thought I could do too much..

I removed it because, while I thought it was good idea, I actually don't have the time to do it.. maybe if someone arrived in SOL and ran out of fuel I would help, I got ahead of myself and thought I could do too much..
Well I carried limpet controllers for repair and refuel on DW2 expedition and never used them once. ;)

Top Bottom