PvP is really making the open play miserable

In universe this could be explained as the Pilots Federation cracking down on infighting between its members or the insurance company (assuming it is not just the PF) attempting to reduce losses from clients shooting each other for no profit.
This right here should be considered every time some unnamed players try to use an excuse of something something immersion for only said player( I.E. "imma pirate yaaarrrrr" or "imma paid merc" etc )

Purely mining salt is just a poor excuse. I get it, you may or may not like to do that for your fun, but it isn't fun for the game and everyone else. Stop hogging the game for yourself and let others play their way too.

You are missing the point. PvP in Open is a totally different experience in the game. You cannot win the game with one engineered ship. You need to understand the weapon effects and how they work. You need to have friends who also understand the weapons and use the right ships for the best effect. You are going up against players who have done nothing more than refine their PvP abilities for the last 5 years. That is their ED game they play. You will need fast Cutters with torpedoes to take out shields. More to take out hulls and modules. Only then will your combat big three whatever ship be effective versus who have been playing the game a lot longer than you still take you out in 30 seconds after you showed up and you don't even know why.

There are several hundred groups in Inara to train you. There are Discord channels so put on your headset while you get your butt kicked learning the PvP basics. You want to go full PvP taking on live player enemy without training? Take a cheap rebuy ship you can afford to lose.

Open PvP was designed to be the ultimate combat scenario in the game. It was designed that way and is a a quantum leap from dealing with NPCs in Solo. It requires ship engineering, understanding weapons and their effects and putting a player group together to attack as one ship cannot provide all the weapons needed in a PvP fight. You are going to have to make friends who are nuts about combat. Then maybe you might win a few battles.

Last edited:
You are missing the point. PvP in Open is a totally different experience in the game. You cannot win the game with one engineered ship. You need to understand the weapon effects and how they work. You need to have friends who also understand the weapons and use the right ships for the best effect. You are going up against players who have done nothing more than refine their PvP abilities for the last 5 years. That is their ED game they play. You will need fast Cutters with torpedoes to take out shields. More to take out hulls and modules. Only then will your combat big three whatever ship be effective versus who have been playing the game a lot longer than you still take you out in 30 seconds after you showed up and you don't even know why.

There are several hundred groups in Inara to train you. There are Discord channels so put on your headset while you get your butt kicked learning the PvP basics. You want to go full PvP taking on live player enemy without training? Take a cheap rebuy ship you can afford to lose.

Open PvP was designed to be the ultimate combat scenario in the game. It was designed that way and is a a quantum leap from dealing with NPCs in Solo. It requires ship engineering, understanding weapons and their effects and putting a player group together to attack as one ship cannot provide all the weapons needed in a PvP fight. You are going to have to make friends who are nuts about combat. Then maybe you might win a few battles.
That's cool and all, but if I don't want to PvP. Why is it the attacker can get away with it scott free with no in-game consequences while the victim suffers losing everything by comparison, if not just having time wasted when/if successfully escaping?

Here's an idea maybe nobody has considered, in a common scenario...

On leaving a station, in a non combat vessel, I tend to run around scanning all the high wakes in the area before continuing my cargo missions but for some reason I have to deploy hard points or my wake scanner, a UTILITY mount, won't work. Why's that then? Shield boosters work without deploying hardpoints...

The station complains about me deploying hardpoints, and yet I'm not swarmed by angry looking cops in anticipation of me doing something aggressive, which seems a bit odd? Why is it that some utility mounts work in this instance, but others don't? Can we have some logical consistency in our ship functions?

In real life I can pull out and use a camera on my phone in a high security courthouse or other government building while being mostly ignored by the hired goons but if I produce some kind of visible weapon I'd expect to be surrounded and yelled at so, can we separate ALL utility mount functions from hardpoints?

Please make ALL UTILITY equipment function completely independent of hardpoint deployment as a first step so we can hang around chatting with friends in high security areas without attracting the attention of the cops to make it easier for them to do their job when a seal clubber appears and poses an actual live threat.

This should be a very simple distinction, that gives a slight time to deploy advantage to a defender.

Edit: Why is this not obvious FDev? Look at the ship models. Do UTILITY mounts need to be deployed?

This already exists in a reverse way. Join the private group Mobius and you will not have to worry about being killed by other Cmdrs.

This already exists in a reverse way. Join the private group Mobius and you will not have to worry about being killed by other Cmdrs.
And not address the meaningless C&P system, sounds like sweeping the real problems under the rug to me but what do I know

What I want to do is troll gankers with my imperial eagle that once fully engineered, will have a top speed of nearly 700 and a boost speed of 900

The last few times I flew to Cubeo in the Open, with my trading ship, there were gankers. They interdict any pilot before he can join a station, interrupt the frame shift drive when one tries to jump away and are soon joined by their friends in the fight. Also there seems to be no response from the system security at all. This is really annoying, as Cubeo is supposed to be a high security system. The system security always come when I play solo and am attacked by the AI - and they don't forget to fine me when my collector limpets took a dropped illegal cargo after the fight. This feels like the cops in RL: they are always there to fine you for false parking, but when you are attacked and beaten, none will show up.

Honestly these gankers in core systems are more than a nuisance right now. I remember times when you could go to Cubeo in the Open and were attacked like once in 10 times. Now it's all the time and you have to switch to the Solo Mode to be able to join a station, as there are so many hostile commanders interdicting.

Greetings

Robert de Vries

Last edited:
The last few times I flew to Cubeo in open with my trading ship, there were gankers. They interdict any pilot before he can join a station, interrupt the frame shift drive when you try to jump away and are soon joined by their friends in the fight. Also there seems to be no response from the system security at all. This is really annoying, as Cubeo is supposed to be a high security system. The system security always come when I play solo and am attacked by the AI - and they don't forget to fine me when my collector limpets took a dropped illegal cargo after the fight. This feels like the cops in RL: they are always there to fine you for false parking, but when you are attacked and beaten, none will show up.

Honestly these gankers in core systems are more than a nuisance right now. I remember times when you could go to Cubeo in open and was attacked like once in 10 times. Now it's all the time and you have to switch to solo to be able to join a station, as there are so many hostile commanders interdicting.

Greetings

Robert de Vries
Have you been interdicted by an opposing power play CMDR? Were you pledged?

Of course I'm pledged to Aisling, and this pledge should be pretty safe in Cubeo. I'm not in the Sol System as an Aisling supporter after all. Just saying: in World of Warcraft, an alliance member could sneak in the Orc Capital Orgrimmar, but when caught by guards, this usually meant a quick death. With a tight crime and punishment system. ganking in Cubeo should be almost impossible and not happen all the time. This is my point here.

Of course I'm pledged to Aisling, and this pledge should be pretty safe in Cubeo. I'm not in the Sol System as an Aisling supporter after all. Just saying: in World of Warcraft, an alliance member could sneak in the Orc Capital Orgrimmar, but when caught by guards, this usually meant a quick death. With a tight crime and punishment system. ganking in Cubeo should be almost impossible and not happen all the time. This is my point here.
Actually, if I were one of those dastardly Powerplay PvPrs opposed to Aisling I would SPECIFICALLY look in Cubeo. Where else is a higher chance to find an enemy?

Seriously, either I play when everyone's asleep or the US populace are bigger ****s.

I fly open most of the time, do the odd CG (but not many as they tend to not interest me) have been to most of the engineers and see an occasional commander who waves cheerily as we go on our way.

Do I fear and dislike PvP? No I love open world PvP - hell I spent nearly 3 years of my life (played time) on Vallon Zek pvp server in Everquest. Would I die if interdicted? Yes most certainly. Can I avoid it by going other places? Yes.

Actually, if I were one of those dastardly Powerplay PvPrs opposed to Aisling I would SPECIFICALLY look in Cubeo. Where else is a higher chance to find an enemy?
I think Robert's point is that with Cubeo being a high security system and the "capital" of Aisling's PP faction, the security response should be strong and fast enough to make it very dangerous for pilots pledged to a hostile PP faction to act against pilots pledged to Aisling. It is a little like having Russian snipers camping outside CIA headquarters during the Cold War and the US only making a token effort to stop them otherwise.

All of the above sounds absolutely unappealing to me. But hey, some of us actually seem to like that crap.
If I ever would step into PvP it would have to be solo action against other single commanders. If that's not feasible then so be it. But in no event will I ever take part in scenarios like you've just described. Never. To me that's the worst imaginable PvP design that leads to nothing but elitism while massively keeping newcomers out of the fun. I can imagine that this attracts former Eve players though as this represents a very similar mindset.

That's also sucking all the fun out of engineering and why the Engineers are perceived as grind by so many commanders. A first innocent baby step towards a better PvP experience would be regions that permit any engineered modules. This way also new players could have some fun with PvP, including veterans that don't like grinding through the full spectrum of Engineers. But making that an absolute requirement is total nuts IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom