PvP is really making the open play miserable

well reading this again its clear that the majority of u guys dont understand the thread
its all about not mixing PvE with PvP players
That would make it much more interesting for both

like those who are complaining about the bgs and working against them in PG and they cant do anything about it
so if there will ever be a seperate PvE and PvP it will make life a lot easyer 4all
We understand you just fine, it's you that doesn't understand how Elite works... You are "Triple novice with 26 hours of play time" you've barely even scratched the surface of this game and you're already trying to change one of the main aspects of it. Again if you want PvE only then join a player faction, most of them have private groups with hundreds of players. My old player faction nearly had a thousand players in theirs all of whom almost never played in open or engaged in PvP, you already have options, use them instead of trying to take away others.

well reading this again its clear that the majority of u guys dont understand the thread

like those who are complaining about the bgs and working against them in PG and they cant do anything about it
so if there will ever be a seperate PvE and PvP it will make life a lot easyer 4all
OK, how would such a split work?

PvP is pretty simple, that is the current one...

PvE, now here you will get ALOT of issues,
We would have to remove all player to player collisions! What would that do to immersion and doing things orderly... I see many new threads about players annoyed with other players flying "thorugh" them...

We would obviously have to remove any sort of weapon damage player to player, so if you entereing a conflict zone and chooses the opposite side that I you cannot hit or even ram... problably not a huge issue, but it will be very noticeably when it occurs.

Bounty hunting and sniping the target from another player by gettting the kill shoot. how should we fix this? everyone that hit the target in the last x amount of time get credited? or?

Just go through EVERYTHIN G in the game that a player can use to cause damage to antoher player has to be addressed, or else this will be used to grief players despite they should not be able too...

So please, explain all the funky rules that this PvE mode should contain, and explain how this will affect the overall gameplay...And do not forget about BGS and Powerplay too.

That's not entirely correct either. I heard Mobius were struggling to maintain something in PG due to the number of players actively working against them in OPEN and they couldn't do anything about it.

If you're only at 26 hours, log to SOLO, fit a Kill Warrant Scanner, fly to a Nav Beacon and gently boot a few bad guys the cops are already laying into without pulling the agro on yourself then go hand in.

Get around 10 MCR for a decently fitted Cobra MkIII and then start unlocking the engineers.

Tip: All ships and modules are 15% cheaper in Li Yong-Rui systems (Use EDDB.io).

Edit: Just in case nobody told you, rule 1: Never, EVER fly without rebuy!

Last edited:
Y'know, I once suggested that the game be split in to two modes, with 2 different rule sets, and even separate BGS and CMDRs.

The PvP world and weapons is hyper balanced for PvP, rebuy is lower, etc etc.

Then PvE mode, is pure PvE and essentially balanced for fun, so that means ridiculously powerful weapons, like class 4 rails, and powerful and fast torpedoes, with high ammo counts, no limit to engineering (just gets harder to do) but no PvP combat.

It was a terrible idea. Lol

Remember my earlier post where I said I have a ship that is capable of PvPvE? Yeah that's a corvette... And last I checked Corvettes have more than 4 hardpoints allowing me to carry not only guardian and AX weapons but also standard ones too and if it isn't suited for the task at hand then it's as simple as changing your HPs around a little to accommodate, it's not hard at all, I have one of each ship most of which are outfitted for varying levels of PvP whilst undertaking PvE tasks. Maybe if you actually read my post instead of trying to pick holes in it you would understand that, Clearly the OP hasn't had enough experience in open play to even post this thread in the first place anyway. Yet again what YOU think is best for YOU is fine but trying to tell others their play-style does does not work when you haven't even seen it in action shows your lack of knowledge or understanding of how PvP and open actually works.

You are aware you can synthesise ammo for your weapons or are you too lazy to collect the mats for that too?

You don't have to mention anything to me, I am a PvP Pirate, not only do I undermine entire systems by killing system security and innocent NPC ships but I'm also pirating and killing players who refuse my demands at the same time. What are you in-game? because by the sounds of it you can't do/prepare for more than one task at a time.

And you are moaning, because 1) you're here defending a "triple novice" Cmdr who lets face it has 0 experience in the community yet wants to change one of the fundamental aspects of a game they have no experience in and 2) you can't accept the fact that people can outfit for both PvP and PvE at the same time so you keep trying look for holes in anything I say. Telling someone who's triple elite to Git Gud is probably where you went wrong. Can't get any better than triple elite so keep trying bud 😂
Sigh. So much anger. So little content. So you carry around AX weapons and guardian weapons all of the time as part of your pvp build? Give me and the rest of the forum a break. You're just not honest that you have to reconfigure for task specific activities, therefore, the pvp build is not optimum for all tasks.

You synthesize ammo to participate in extended duration pve combat activities. So this means you lug around your srv to gather raw mats, and collector limpets for manufactured mats, and likely a wake scanner for data. Does not sound like optimum pvp build to me. Oh - you reconfigure to engage in those tasks? Sounds like the pvp build is not optimum for all pve activities.

You completely ignored the points about pvp builds not being optimum for mining, smuggling, ltd piracy, pvp piracy (always lugging around those hatchbreakers are you?), passenger missions - oh and by the way - exploration. Did you drag that corvette all over the bubble when unlocking engineers or engineering your mods, or did you use a taxi like most intelligent players?

Oh and Corvette. That's funny. I have one on each toon. And cutters, and condas and T10s. G5 engineered as well. Is that evidence for a contention that pvp builds are just as viable as pve builds for pve tasks? Of course not.

The fact is that there are specific optimized builds for pvp and pve tasks.

Suggesting that players have to run around in pvp ships, or carry about a level of tankiness for dropping and hiwaking is not practical.

The pve threats are appropriate for game play for the broad player base. Those threats do not require a 0-40 hour player to hide and skitter about because they have not had a chance to git gud.

Preparing for min/maxed human players with snare and cripple mechanics and no condi clears (as game mechanics) is simply bad game design and time taxes social interaction unnecessarily.

Last edited:
To an extent. However, PvP doesn't imply a pure combat focus. Some of the best PvP encounters I've had were when I was equipped primarily for something other than combat and was opposed by other CMDRs.

There are definitely considerations and concessions I would not need if I were only accounting for PvE threats, but that's because the PvE threats are lacking.

Suggesting that players have to run around in pvp ships, or carry about a level of tankiness for dropping and hiwaking is not practical.
The level of 'tankiness' required for this takes about 12-16 tons of a maximum of 112 tons of cargo capacity on an unengineered T-6, a single HRP on my Courier, and leaves my corvette with three class seven, two class six and two class five internals as mission modules.

The pve threats are appropriate for game play for the broad player base. Those threats do not require a 0-40 hour player to hide and skitter about because they have not had a chance to git gud.
What PvE threats? Any NPC with teeth is a passive, purely opt-in, encounter.

While the level of difficulty may be manageable for new players, I don't think this is synonymous with appropriate, because new players need to learn and the NPCs are ill-equipped to educate them.

Preparing for min/maxed human players with snare and cripple mechanics and no condi clears (as game mechanics) is simply bad game design and time taxes social interaction unnecessarily.
These encounters are social interaction. Half the people I talk to or wing with in game I met when they tried to blow up my CMDR's ship. A fair portion of the other half I met when I helped them fend off someone who was trying to do the same to theirs.

Also, PvE could do more to encourage more cooperative social interaction by presenting challenges that required CMDR collaboration to overcome them. Many CMDRs seem oblivious to the presence of other CMDRs, even in Open, because the game doesn't present many organic incentives to work together.

Sigh. So much anger. So little content. So you carry around AX weapons and guardian weapons all of the time as part of your pvp build? Give me and the rest of the forum a break. You're just not honest that you have to reconfigure for task specific activities, therefore, the pvp build is not optimum for all tasks.

You synthesize ammo to participate in extended duration pve combat activities. So this means you lug around your srv to gather raw mats, and collector limpets for manufactured mats, and likely a wake scanner for data. Does not sound like optimum pvp build to me. Oh - you reconfigure to engage in those tasks? Sounds like the pvp build is not optimum for all pve activities.

You completely ignored the points about pvp builds not being optimum for mining, smuggling, ltd piracy, pvp piracy (always lugging around those hatchbreakers are you?), passenger missions - oh and by the way - exploration. Did you drag that corvette all over the bubble when unlocking engineers or engineering your mods, or did you use a taxi like most intelligent players?

Oh and Corvette. That's funny. I have one on each toon. And cutters, and condas and T10s. G5 engineered as well. Is that evidence for a contention that pvp builds are just as viable as pve builds for pve tasks? Of course not.

I take it you get blown up a lot in open? I'm not obligated to go down your entire list but I will say this every build I fly in open is in some way prepared for a PvP encounter even if the task I set out to do isn't initially PvP and unlike you I don't fly around aimlessly with guardian weapons or otherwise. I have have tasks to do, orders to carry out which means places to go people to see There's a reason they call the cutter a "trader with teeth" you know? and no I have a specific ship for material gathering but it's a hull tank so it can take a bit of damage and deal it too if I'm ever out doing that PvE mat gathering y'know? Are you trying to tell me you don't keep weapons aboard your mining vessel? Bit foolish to mine all those void opals and not have the means to protect them is it not?

I don't even know what you're crying for, seems like you're just arguing to keep this thread relevant, because you keep trying to argue a point about builds and how they work for EVERYONE and that isn't even the point of this post so I'm gonna leave it right there and let this post die like it should. Go argue with someone else o7

To an extent. However, PvP doesn't imply a pure combat focus. Some of the best PvP encounters I've had were when I was equipped primarily for something other than combat and was opposed by other CMDRs.
There are definitely considerations and concessions I would not need if I were only accounting for PvE threats, but that's because the PvE threats are lacking.
The level of 'tankiness' required for this takes about 12-16 tons of a maximum of 112 tons of cargo capacity on an unengineered T-6, a single HRP on my Courier, and leaves my corvette with three class seven, two class six and two class five internals as mission modules.
What PvE threats? Any NPC with teeth is a passive, purely opt-in, encounter.
While the level of difficulty may be manageable for new players, I don't think this is synonymous with appropriate, because new players need to learn and the NPCs are ill-equipped to educate them.
These encounters are social interaction. Half the people I talk to or wing with in game I met when they tried to blow up my CMDR's ship. A fair portion of the other half I met when I helped them fend off someone who was trying to do the same to theirs.
Also, PvE could do more to encourage more cooperative social interaction by presenting challenges that required CMDR collaboration to overcome them. Many CMDRs seem oblivious to the presence of other CMDRs, even in Open, because the game doesn't present many organic incentives to work together.
A zero to 40 hour player in a cobra or t6 will find an npc interdicition terrifying, will not have the resources (or game experience) to gear their ship appropriately, and I 100% agree that the game does a poor job educating players about piloting and gearing strategies.

It may be conjecture, but I predict 0-40 hour pve player will not find interdiction, snare and cripple attack followed by 3kdps beat down a form of positive or informing social interaction.

I fully agree that collaborative PVE experiences should be better developed.

I take it you get blown up a lot in open? I'm not obligated to go down your entire list but I will say this every build I fly in open is in some way prepared for a PvP encounter even if the task I set out to do isn't initially PvP and unlike you I don't fly around aimlessly with guardian weapons or otherwise. I have have tasks to do, orders to carry out which means places to go people to see There's a reason they call the cutter a "trader with teeth" you know? and no I have a specific ship for material gathering but it's a hull tank so it can take a bit of damage and deal it too if I'm ever out doing that PvE mat gathering y'know? Are you trying to tell me you don't keep weapons aboard your mining vessel? Bit foolish to mine all those void opals and not have the means to protect them is it not?

I don't even know what you're crying for, seems like you're just arguing to keep this thread relevant, because you keep trying to argue a point about builds and how they work for EVERYONE and that isn't even the point of this post so I'm gonna leave it right there and let this post die like it should. Go argue with someone else o7
Hahahaha. No. I don't get blown up a lot in open. Ad hominem. Weak. Oh, I see you're moving your argument. Every build is prepared for pvp, but not a designated pvp build. Flying around aimlessly. You mean you have your ship shipped to systems on the way to AX zones, or you fly them to AX zones?

Ah a specific material gathering ship, a designated PVE build.

I use a G5 DD Orca for mining. Weapons not really required boosting over 600 m/s.

It seems like retiring from the discussion might be the appropriate move for you.

Last edited:
If you're only at 26 hours
not really but i dont run arround screaming that i am the best and triple elite playing for so many years
thats for those who like to think they are the man and i dont think that

furthermore those who suggest that i am no good in the game and thats the reason I WANT IT TO BE CHANGED think again
its not about me its about the general game
maybe those guys are twisting the facts
maybe you guys like to gank and grief eagles, sidewinders, harmless and novice players so you can feel good about yourself
FD is introducing a whole new startpoint and permissions/rules for the new players
do you gankers/griefers think they do this just for the fun of it ?
no its because you gankers and griefers make open play missareble and FD has to stop you guys i just wish they took it a step further and give you guys your own ganking and griefing server so we can get back into open play

and for those who want to know
started in 2016
triple elite
multi multi billionaire
all rankings
all ships
all engineers
all guardian stuff
etc etc etc
so yes i do know whats going on in the game
and before someone post ** you should do some background check

Last edited:
not really but i dont run arround screaming that i am the best and triple elite playing for so many years

furthermore those who suggest that i am no good in the game and thats the reason I WANT IT TO BE CHANGED think again
maybe you guys like to gank and grief eagles, sidewinders, harmless and novice players so you can feel good about yourself
FD is introducing a whole new startpoint and permissions/rules for the new players
no its because you gankers and griefers make open play missareble and FD has to stop you guys i just wish they took it a step further and give you guys your own ganking and griefing server so we can get back into open play

started in 2016
triple elite
multi multi billionaire
all rankings
all ships
all engineers
all guardian stuff
etc etc etc
Did you watch the livestream?

started in 2016
triple elite
multi multi billionaire
all rankings
all ships
all engineers
all guardian stuff
etc etc etc
So, you lied, and continue to whinge...

Nice bait and switch move but you may find you've just destroyed any credibility you might have had left, and catapulted yourself right to the sharp edge of the sympathy curve. Mind you don't fall off.

I'm done, final tip: Git gud or play SOLO.

Oh, and that "thepeppi" target you painted on your back for the gankers...
Have "fun" with that, lol :D

Last edited:
So, you lied, and continue to whinge...
its called sarcasme

and no PVP is not fine the way it is
certenly not when it comes to player factions
and defenitly not when it comes to seal clubbers

but i guess some of you guys dont have the capability to understand that

PvP is not fine the way it is, but I completely agree, someone lock this thread already. There's enough of the same in other threads already.

C&P definitely needs more bite, but PvP is actually in a pretty good place balance wise.
Well, personally I'd like PvP fights to be less attrition and endurance, more blazing action. Tanked medium ships easily joust for 10 minutes - hardly exciting. I don't even dare imagine how long a fight between two of the big boys would take. Also, a tiny bit less rock-paper-scissors wouldn't hurt, it's just depressing to have most fights 90% determined at the outfitting instead of the battle field.

But yeah, the biggest problem is the ability of "PvPers" (more accurately: gankers and griefers) to basically DoS focal points, such as engineers, Shinrarta and CGs for non-combatants, regardless of the "security level" of the system. C&P and system security in med/high need to be revised so, that a handful of determined jerks can't turn any system they please into a no-go area, or at least can't expect to keep it that way for long and with little consequence. All it takes is an escalating response, NPCs that are actually able to interdict, and consequences that are severe enough (or scale accordingly!) to make a "fabulously rich immortal space murder hobo" think twice before risking it, especially when there's no in-game motivation and they only do it for the salt.

Top Bottom