PvP is really making the open play miserable

I see open play a very fun way to play because it actually adds what so many of you are requesting.
- Dangerous enemies which appear at nonscripted locations and events having superior AI
- There are unlimited amounts of different behaviours, from Pirate, Terrorist or Psycho
- You have the possibility to have conversation with the enemy
- They won't forget you

You can even consider to taken the same role, there is C&P for balancing. If ED was not for being to shoot on others not wanting that there would have been other ways to prevent it (like committing crimes in multicrew having declared legal activity only e.g.)

Hey, it makes the game so much more dangerous and enjoyable than the predictable missions. It makes even beeing shot more fun. It's a game.

And there is still the option to avoid interaction by playing solo or in pg.

What could be improved is the punishment as there are so many options to exploit it. E.g. ramming people inside stations and going havoc there. I would consider this an exploit to the technical possibilities/limitation to detect aggressors.

update on the miserable game

now there is a group of players/squadron that go's to the startpoint of the game and like to grief and kill new players
this is the absolute lowpoint in the game

now there is a group of players/squadron that go's to the startpoint of the game and like to grief and kill new players
Ehm, this so called "seal clubbing" has existed from the beginning of the game. But I agree, the is the lowest one can go.

In B4 this necro thread gets locked...

It seems there may have been a disconnect in common sense somewhere between the launch of the original game and Horizons regarding the placement of a start location.

Trevithick Dock in LHS 3447 is a very sensible 90 odd thousand light seconds from the entry point, a factor which is sure to dissuade even the most determined seal clubber.

Baker's Prospect in Asellus Primus on the other hand, is only around 300 Ls from the primary and periodically pointing the wrong way to assist beginners on their primary mission?

Considering the 80:20 rule, I'd estimate both start locations contain a considerable number of Helpless, Penniless and Aimless Freewinders (roughly two million of the 2.5 million copies sold) as fledgling CMDRs performed the coveted windshield cannon maneuver on striking the notorious vertical learning cliff and abandoned their vessels in favour of a nice game of Defender, which imposes far less complicated key bindings.

FDev: Please reconsider combining the start locations for all subsequent releases to a single outpost with a nice, clear day view of the middle of nowhere that does not include a convenient large landing pad for the casual ganker to repair and reload their Vogon newb destroyer.

Please also modify the early missions to keep the new player occupied within this area and safely out of the way of the career murder hobos, at least until they've had time to configure their controls and learned to dock with some proficiency.

Hutton Orbital may be an ideal choice for such a location, in part to dispel the "free Anaconda" myth, to introduce the concept of rares, "For The Mug!" and to take advantage of the benevolent nature of the Hutton Truckers player faction having an opportunity to help new players with their first, tentative steps in the game of 33rd century space truck simulator.

This should also place the Sol system within easy visibility range on the galaxy map, demonstrate the permit lock system and inspire the new player to persevere until at least Petty Officer in the Federation so they can go and snag a screenshot of their house from Earth orbit.

It is well known in marketing circles that the best individual to promote and sell your product to new customers, is a happy customer. There needs to be a happy medium where it's not too difficult for a previously happy customer to travel to and welcome your newly enlisted recruits as they leave the dock for the first time, without running the risk of both becoming unhappy due to sudden decompression and a rebuy screen enforced by the behaviour of a previously unhappy customer with a big ship that's determined to ruin the fun for as many other people as possible.

Consider this "bug" squarely back in your lap FDev: Please fix!

we dont care

youve received hundreds of replies to your thread that PvP is fine the way it is and you need to learn how to play.

There is already a system that punishes greifers and alot of greifers have quit already because of it. There are squadrons that defend players too. PvP is part of the game and if frontier didnt want it that way they wouldnt have put it in

if you dont want to deal with pvp play solo.

This game is centered around realism not r/choosingbeggar pilots that cant defend themselves. Or players that necro 3 month old threads either for that matter

This game involves RISK

This game involves REALISM

This game involves STRATEGY

this game does not involve magical erasure of "bad apples"

Last edited:
Trevithick Dock in LHS 3447 is a very sensible 90 odd thousand light seconds from the entry point, a factor which is sure to dissuade even the most determined seal clubber.

Baker's Prospect in Asellus Primus on the other hand, is only around 300 Ls from the primary and periodically pointing the wrong way to assist beginners on their primary mission?
The instancing isolates new players until they make their first jump out of the system, so it is totally unnecessary to use a 90k isolated station.

Nobody can raid their nest until they leave the nest and enter the cruel world themselves. You can't even wing with a new account until they make their first jump.

No, just get better at PvP I've built all my ships to be able to withstand atleast 10 seconds of incoming fire so it's possible. If you don't like PvP just go into solo or a private group thats what they are for. I enjoy PvP and open so this would just be stupid

Let's see if I got this new fandangled forum right...

Edit. I did not. How the hell to quotes work... Lol

Edit edit: nope...

There's also several groups of players who defend these systems.

We've made murderhobos our content.

Ehm, this so called "seal clubbing" has existed from the beginning of the game. But I agree, the is the lowest one can go.
I'll argue one can go lower. I roleplay two CMDRs, one male and one female, and I can tell you that the "gamergate" attitude is alive and well in ED, at least on PS4. I get all sorts of text-based harassment as CMDR Jenny that I don't get playing my male CMDR, some of it borderline sexual harassment. Not only does this happen in game, but I've gotten PS4 messages outside the game from ED players, to the point that I've disabled messages to Jenny's account.

I need a macro that replies, "I am a happily-married DUDE living in 2nd Amendment USA, so knock it off!" That kinda ruins the roleplay, however...

I'll argue one can go lower. I roleplay two CMDRs, one male and one female, and I can tell you that the "gamergate" attitude is alive and well in ED, at least on PS4. I get all sorts of text-based harassment as CMDR Jenny that I don't get playing my male CMDR, some of it borderline sexual harassment. Not only does this happen in game, but I've gotten PS4 messages outside the game from ED players, to the point that I've disabled messages to Jenny's account.

I need a macro that replies, "I am a happily-married DUDE living in 2nd Amendment USA, so knock it off!" That kinda ruins the roleplay, however...
Does FD do anything against this? I'm sure it's against the EULA.

Does FD do anything against this? I'm sure it's against the EULA.
I used the game's "report player" feature on the last guy. I just ask that he get a warning, not banned, since he could be some awkward geek teenager who doesn't know how to interact with females.

It's weird because I'm obviously a male roleplaying a female CMDR (my alt), similar to Drew with Salome, but it still creeps me out. I actually use my wife's PS4 account for this alt CMDR (she has no interest in ED), so imagining this as interactions she or my IRL daughter would experience online makes me a bit angry.

Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread. I'm sure this could be its own topic, but I'll save that for someone else to spearhead.

I already made some comments about that
the PvP ships and its outfitting is no contest for even the corvette or cutter these ships are mostly outfitted for bounty hunting, CG or even hauling cargo.
We all know that its these ships that are targetted by PvP players and the fun is running out
The open play factor is for the majority a place to interact with other players and do missions together at this moment its almost impossible to make friends in open play only in the safety of a station.

I would suggest that there is a section added for PvP play
not just a section but a whole new setup specificly for PvP play
that means that these groups can do contest against each other and find other ships that are fitted for PvP play
to give them theire own CG specificly for PvP play lets say a kill order for clans or wings and hand in the kills
we can come up with all sort of things that PvP players can do but then in the enviroment that is theire own
come on guys what is the fun in taking down a ship that is not suiteble for doing these kind of combats there is no honer in that

PvP play and open play must be seperated from each other
killing other commanders for fun should be punnished by jail for at least 1 month and a fine of at least 50.000.000 credits
when they have not enough credits then its game over and start new fresh

we need to get rid of these terrorists and make the punnishment harder we can not allow these actions in our community they should also be hunted down by a special force that specificly hunt down PvP vessels/players lets make theire life also harder to survive in our community
at this moment the wanted and fine is just not cutting it to keep those guys from killing other commanders in open play

its time we speak up and make a point
i can only hope on comments like I AGREE if you do
Sorry, your idea is rubbish.

I used the game's "report player" feature on the last guy. I just ask that he get a warning, not banned, since he could be some awkward geek teenager who doesn't know how to interact with females.

It's weird because I'm obviously a male roleplaying a female CMDR (my alt), similar to Drew with Salome, but it still creeps me out. I actually use my wife's PS4 account for this alt CMDR (she has no interest in ED), so imagining this as interactions she or my IRL daughter would experience online makes me a bit angry.

Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread. I'm sure this could be its own topic, but I'll save that for someone else to spearhead.
Interesting conundrum, can you be prosecuted for sexually harassing a catfish :ROFLMAO:

you guys are right its my opinion on the subject but i know for a fact that many share this opinion.
for the skills i dont think that people who react on my skills did not read my comments
the ships that are targeted are not fitted for defending against the PvP vessels
and the tactic is always the same wing of 3 attack from behind or when in open on a bounty haz res first fly into you then the rest finnishes it

i must stay with my point that there is something really wrong and need to be looked into
So what you're saying is your PvE Corvette can't handle PvP? and because of that other Cmdrs who are out to kill should be punished because they ARE outfitted for PvP? Either outfit your ship to handle it, play in a PG or join a player Faction. The galaxy shouldn't change just because you can't handle a bit of PvP. Why can't you Bounty Hunt in a ship that is outfitted for PvP anyway? most people in open do for the very reason you're talking about.

So what you're saying is your PvE Corvette can't handle PvP? and because of that other Cmdrs who are out to kill should be punished because they ARE outfitted for PvP? Either outfit your ship to handle it, play in a PG or join a player Faction. The galaxy shouldn't change just because you can't handle a bit of PvP. Why can't you Bounty Hunt in a ship that is outfitted for PvP anyway? most people in open do for the very reason you're talking about.
already talked about
PvE and PvP are 2 differant things and have a differant setup

Top Bottom