PvP is really making the open play miserable

I already made some comments about that
the PvP ships and its outfitting is no contest for even the corvette or cutter these ships are mostly outfitted for bounty hunting, CG or even hauling cargo.
We all know that its these ships that are targetted by PvP players and the fun is running out
The open play factor is for the majority a place to interact with other players and do missions together at this moment its almost impossible to make friends in open play only in the safety of a station.

I would suggest that there is a section added for PvP play
not just a section but a whole new setup specificly for PvP play
that means that these groups can do contest against each other and find other ships that are fitted for PvP play
to give them theire own CG specificly for PvP play lets say a kill order for clans or wings and hand in the kills
we can come up with all sort of things that PvP players can do but then in the enviroment that is theire own
come on guys what is the fun in taking down a ship that is not suiteble for doing these kind of combats there is no honer in that

PvP play and open play must be seperated from each other
killing other commanders for fun should be punnished by jail for at least 1 month and a fine of at least 50.000.000 credits
when they have not enough credits then its game over and start new fresh

we need to get rid of these terrorists and make the punnishment harder we can not allow these actions in our community they should also be hunted down by a special force that specificly hunt down PvP vessels/players lets make theire life also harder to survive in our community
at this moment the wanted and fine is just not cutting it to keep those guys from killing other commanders in open play

its time we speak up and make a point
i can only hope on comments like I AGREE if you do

There is. Its called OPEN.

give them theire own CG specificly for PvP
No. all the modes are the same and need to affect the BGS consistently across modes.

This is what the Mobius Private Group is for.

killing other commanders for fun should be punnished by jail for at least 1 month and a fine of at least 50.000.000 credits
And how would you even begin to judge what is a player kill "for fun"?

You're right. It is time we speak up. And help FDev to educate its entire player group to choose the mode of play that best suits their preferred experience of the game.

I couldn't disagree more.

There already is a 'section' where PvP is allowed, part of the game design and ethos, encouraged, etc. No one wants arena PvP in ED - see CQC.

Your punishment suggestions are absurd, and your hyperbole is laughable. Or is this a troll post?

Ftr, I have never killed another Cmdr (yet?), and I don't go looking to hunt trade, mining, or exploration ships. I was at the CG this weekend in my AspX, played chase in SC with a Clipper for ages (I was watching Daredevil, so thought I'd occupy him a while), he eventually interdicted me... PvP Clipper vs PvE AspX... he didn't get through my shields. Sure, I had to hiwake out, then wait for my shields to regen before jumping back - oh, the horror, won't someone think of the occupied escape pods.

Lol oh dear God.

PvP is a valid form of gameplay along with the rest, despite never initiating PvP, I accept that in open and some PGs, it can happen.

That said, it's very easy to not die, there's multiple methods to survival, and if you do feel you're being trolled, just block them.

And if you don't accept the risks, fly solo/PG.

ATR needs some work on being more responsive, but other than that, C&P has you covered.

Oh, and in Beta, it now gives you a description of each mode when selecting it!

Learn how to outfit, be aware of your surroundings, learn the techniques for escaping or avoiding unwanted conflict. You don't have to beat them, just survive and get away. Open Play is to interact with other players. Full stop. Any opposing actions against other players should possibly only in Open I'd argue.

There is a section of the game for PvP - Open mode. CGs are boring outside of the chance of player interaction.

Absolutely ridiculous, and I'm not talking about the spelling and structure of your post.

the PvP ships and its outfitting is no contest for even the corvette or cutter these ships are mostly outfitted for bounty hunting, CG or even hauling cargo.
We all know that its these ships that are targetted by PvP players and the fun is running out
The open play factor is for the majority a place to interact with other players and do missions together at this moment its almost impossible to make friends in open play only in the safety of a station.

that means that these groups can do contest against each other and find other ships that are fitted for PvP play
to give them theire own CG specificly for PvP play lets say a kill order for clans or wings and hand in the kills
we can come up with all sort of things that PvP players can do but then in the enviroment that is theire own
come on guys what is the fun in taking down a ship that is not suiteble for doing these kind of combats there is no honer in that

we need to get rid of these terrorists and make the punnishment harder we can not allow these actions in our community they should also be hunted down by a special force that specificly hunt down PvP vessels/players lets make theire life also harder to survive in our community
at this moment the wanted and fine is just not cutting it to keep those guys from killing other commanders in open play

I agree. So that no one will be under threat of a PVPer anymore. Because no one will be playing open anymore.

If you think only gankers blow up others' ships, think again.

I understand that you're aggrieved by your experience in open but really there is nothing that can be done by FD, the game has three modes and Open is Open and those that have a better grasp of combat and the financial in game clout will invariably reside there, and if you're not willing to become their content then you'll simply Have to go for a PG or Solo and as Para says Mobius is probably your best bet.

I personally don't agree with the way FD have gone about the business of PvP problems and though I feel that if repeat unsavoury shenanigans can be logged by FD in some way then a short dose of solo only might deter some of it some of the time, but being too draconian could see the game on a wrong footing, you must remember that the guys upsetting you will prolly not bother playing at all if they're confined to solo too often or for too long... FD must look after revenue and you're more likely to either continue playing in open or go to a PG/Solo mode rather than stop playing altogether.

It's the way it is

ofcourse all PvP players are against it thats normal

but lets change the objective a litle bit

on purphose killing other comanders in open play fine lets keep it that way no problem

BUT
if you wanna walk wear the shoe
if you burn your bumm sit on the blisters

so lets say
the fines for such actions should be way higher
you can not pay that fine for at least 1 month that way you stay wanted all the time
set up a force that hunts down these players with a universe wide detection system
change the differance in shield loss when flying into a cmdr on purphose and make high speed bumping punnisheble

its just you guys dont see the point
  • open play make contact with players all over the world
  • PG is limited to a certain ammount of players
  • hauling and bounty hunter ships are not equipped for pvp defens
  • even the odds they are clearly now in favor of the PvP vessels
  • give the PvP vessel a certain ammount of difficulty 1 kill 95% efectivity 2 kills 90% and so on until the fine is payed then the proces is reset
there is so much to do for the PvP players that will make it harder for them and they get morre skilled and at the same time keep the open play open for all
do something so open play is not like it is now every CG these guys are on the location in a fair ammount of numbers
and its those CG's where we meet other commanders

crime is a thing of this world and its ok to have this in the game
but at this moment there is no ballance so even the odds again for open play thats what i am saying

To the OP:

Your OPEN CG Bounty Hunting survival odds might be better if you avoid Hazardous Resource Extraction sites and go for the other three types, where there is active police support. You may still be attacked by a player, but if you do your first trip in SOLO / PG to get Cordial+ with the local constabulary first, and stay close to them, they should help you out quite quickly.

Just be careful not to shoot the cops. They'll ALL turn on you!

If you're hauling cargo, PG / SOLO offers significantly less risk.

(Caveat: Changes in beta may have obsoleted all Rez-sites?)

To FDev, and the seal clubbers... :p

Complaining that nobody wants to play with you in OPEN, then ganking anyone who very dares trying to run the cry bully gauntlet might be a little counter productive to the retention of new players, and the longevity of the game. Don't you think? I've seen this issue handled differently in several other games, including one that only offered a single OPEN server, for everybody.

If you wanted to flag up for PvP, in any location on the map including the middle of town, just type /pvp in the chat box. Same again to turn it off, with a 10 minute cooldown. (There was also a /duel invite for non-fatal pvp practice, and you could block spammers)

As a crafting centric game, some "rare" resources were significantly more prolific in, but not exclusive to zones designated PvP. You received a warning on approach (It's a bit late when you've already dropped into a Haz-Rez/CNB) and the /pvp flag was bound to you for 15 minutes after leaving that zone.

PvP zones in lower level areas, like around the start locations imposed a debuff on higher level players to prevent the 360 no-scope one shot crowd picking off unsuspecting noobs from a safe distance and scaring them out of the game, and perhaps protecting long term revenues?

Automated resource harvesting was enabled, but only in /pvp zones and you had to defend and periodically empty the device during it's deployment period. Some /pvp zones included a mechanic where they could be fought over and controlled by one faction, who then assumed exclusive harvesting rights and local NPC protection until forced out.

The main differences were a zero drop on death penalty so your corpse couldn't be looted, and you didn't lose any mission items, data, or anything else except active temporary buffs and some health from your equipment.

Almost all equipment, weapons, ammunition and consumables in the game were crafted, used and traded by the players through an auction house. Early currency could be made by trading low grade common materials to higher level players able to harvest rare materials in a noob-time for veteran-experience arrangement.

I digress...

The /pvp flag made it really easy to spot other players that might want to (try and) kill you, and be left alone by them if not. If you absolutely had to enter a /pvp zone for a mission you were given ample warning to prepare accordingly. You also had the option to pay in game currency for any rare materials you needed, but weren't able to find in sufficient quantity elsewhere or willing to take the risk on harvesting from a neutral or controlled /pvp zone yourself.

As a best of many worlds solution it worked quite well.

Suggestion: ED already has anarchy systems that could be /pvp zones, and if you jump from one to a high security, why not have a /pvp flag persist long enough for a player chasing you to engage. To completely circumvent that problem, simply plot a high security system route that's more jumps, but safer for your cargo. Faster trading turnaround through low security systems attracts more profit, but also higher risk, as it should be.

At the other end of the spectrum, people who want to fight each other with Galileo, the Moon and Earth in the background while being mostly ignored by security should be able to, but only when both are under a clearly visible /pvp flag. Is it not possible to revisit the current, invisible "Report Crimes Against Me" option and consider a "Seal clubber invincibility mode" until Competent in at least one profession and not flagged or in a /pvp system or zone?

The solution could be as simple as making baby seals show up as a blue target, like a wingman or other unused but glaringly obvious colour so you know you can't damage them. Conversely, the /pvp flag could force a player ship to be red, even before you've scanned it so it's obvious a predator is nearby and either safe to ignore, or it's time to leave.

The covas could make itself useful and warn you if detected.

Whether a /pvp flagged player bounces off or ghosts right through a vessel that is not, to prevent ramming and station destruction by suicidewinder should probably be looked at. As should effective ways for larger numbers of players to group and protect each other's assets while exploiting newly discovered gold rush systems on the frontier.

Personally I use my own PG, purely to avoid time wasters.

It might be nice to meet other players but the risk of losing hours of bounty vouchers, months of exploration data or cargo worth more than the ship rebuy, just ain't worth it.

Bad apples could make cider, given the right environment.

Just dont go to popular areas and your safe rather simple.
The most idiotic argument in this never ending story, yet it's being brought up again and again and again. Sure, lock yourself out of anything interesting in the game, settle in a quiet spot and trade, bounty hunt, run missions till you rot. No engineering for you, because hotspot. No CG for you, because hotspot. No access to the outfitting at Jameson Memorial ever, because hotspot.

I think it's a consequence of having Private Groups that most of the "well-behaved" players are there, not in Open. This means that their civilising influence is missing, leaving a higher proportion of folks who want your ship to go pop. Piracy is not effective as a career, as credits are too easy to come by, so most PvPers just attack at random. But don't overestimate the number of "murder-hoboes": most players in Open won't attack you. Many will completely ignore you, and some will chat.

Open is perfectly survivable with a paper ship if you know what you’re doing. Keep an eye on your radar screens, pay attention to all contacts, make sure your ship has *something* up it;s sleeve. Speed, agility, a hull made from adamantium, piloting genius... Something.

Open is open, and PvP ships are part of the territory. It’s on you to work out how to stay alive, and keep yourself profitable.

Personally, for me, surviving open, in known PvP systems, and relatively lightweight builds is something I’m quite proud of, and enjoy. No salt is tastier than the tears of a PvP’er that couldn’t add you to their list. That’s Himalayan pink rock salt, right there!

Z...

Top Bottom