PSA: Loren's Reapers Declare Martial Law in Carcosa

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if you even play the game.
I don't play The Game, it's an old meme. I do play Elite, though! And this game! The game of pulling people off their high horses! After all, wasn't that what your CMDR Shamalamadingdong was all about, what with her attempt at exposing the club, etc?

Dad and Dad, please stop fighting
Aw, spoilsport.

Either way, I'll leave you guys to your cool and super dark adventures now. Promise. Have fun!

LRCV supports Anarchy, which is cool, and their definition of an anarchy is pretty cool too. However, other people (IC or OOC) think Anarchy is baby-murder kill steal death land where everyone is purest evil. Heck, I was one of these people! Some characters exist in a version of the universe which is nowhere near as grim, so they seem ridiculously well-adjusted compared to someone who sees the setting differently.
In an OOC comment
Part of the Problem is Anarchy factions in Elite are Criminals and Gangs
The Name pool, the faction descriptions, the faction NPC ranks, Faction NPC comments, the goods available in their markets all point them that type of faction being unpleasant people

The Free association anarcho-syndicalist communes without a strong central structure are Independent Co-operatives in game

And yes we all have our own RP spin on things, but the basis of Anarchy Factions being on the violent criminal side of the spectrum is in the Game lore.

Which also adds some humour when you have Anarchist factions fighting Independent Co-operatives claiming to be the ones championing freedom and independence against the establishment, when it is like a Motor cycle gang Turning up , taking over by force a Hippy commune and saying the freedom people to live their lives by liberating them of their previous society

That is all nice and dandy. But since we have modes (Solo,Private & Open) it is irrelevant what someone tries to implement or not. Same as getting killed by another commander. As long as I have enough money I just re-spawn. It has no consequences what so ever.

Make ED open only and send a killed commander to the bench for 24 hours. Then we are talking.

Ab Imo Pectore.

CMDR Steyla

Hello. <gulps>

Ahem I think I must have taken a wrong turn; I'll just be off then <nervous laughter> think I'll take my chances on the moors...perhaps I'll be safe in the rain!

Which also adds some humour when you have Anarchist factions fighting Independent Co-operatives claiming to be the ones championing freedom and independence against the establishment, when it is like a Motor cycle gang Turning up , taking over by force a Hippy commune and saying the freedom people to live their lives by liberating them of their previous society.
Ha, I love that. While I wish you good luck out there in lost Carcosa, I'll continue to support the space bikers in the bubble. And I will put it on top of my list to support them against those vile hippies.

Guys, it's like this:

We're an anarchy and not everyone likes us. We get it. Play your way, ect.

However, I'd ask that you hear us out. Just for a second. Just to see if it changes things.

RP hat on

We're here to oppose The Club, because that's what Salome- whatever her flaws- was all about, and we have reason to believe that we're where she would have gone. We further believe that supporting The Nameless is one the only ways to actively oppose The Club. Why?

Mel Brandon.

Ol' Mel is an engineer. Everyone knows this. Pretty handy too. What most people may not realize is that it's been pretty well established that some, most, or perhaps even all of the famous engineers have been established by The Club to maximize the effectiveness of humanity's spacefaring vessels. And why do they have an interest in doing so? So that those members of the Pilots Federation can continue to dance to their tune, scurrying this way and that to various Club-organized Community Goals, chasing their own petty fortunes instead of the greater truth. Engineers are the enablers of all this.

And whose blood does Mel Brandon demand to be spilled to acquire his services?

That's right. The Nameless. Of all the factions in Colonia, it's them.

Isn't that peculiar?

Be careful of whose side you choose in this conflict, or whose trinkets you allow to have sway over your actions. Many commanders are easily bought, and The Club's minions know this. The Club is watching. The Club is patient. But they don't control us all.

We've pulled the marionette strings from our backs, and we bleed for having done so. Yet such blood is the nourishment of human liberty, and if we must perish, we do so cleansed in the knowledge that we are free.

RP hat off

But seriously... win or lose, we Reapers always have a good time. We have what we like to think are solid reasons for doing what we're doing- but hey, what's an adventure without a little (or a lot, in this case) opposition?

Last edited:
Greetings, Commanders!

As you’ve heard over the past few months the system of Carcosa has been a bastion of liberty and economic opportunity. From the availability of Federal and Alliance ships to Void Opal booms to good old fashioned fun it’s been a great place to play in the Colonia Nebula.

Sadly, there are Commanders that would see all of this come to an end. In their anti-anarchist zeal these groups and individuals exercise every dishonorable and underhanded tactic they can muster: from lack of squadron identification to alternate accounts and identities. In short, in this time of conflict we have no clear way to determine who is flying through our system and why.

Therefore, Loren’s Reapers (Squadron Tags: LRCV or LORE) advise Colonia and the greater galactic community of the following.

In Carcosa...
  1. We reserve the right to interdict any ship.
  2. We will hail said ship to determine their business in Carcosa.
  3. Failure to respond, attempts to flee, or deployment of hardpoints will result in lethal response.
  4. Any ship equipped with a Kill Warrant Scanner will be shot on sight.
We regret these steps, but hope they lead to a Carcosa free and available to all.

Thank you for your attention.
If I was still in Colonia region I’d assist. Did LL pack up and move permanently out there?

Like I said sometime ago. You just can't be half an Anarchist.
One of the things Colonia certainly rejects are the rigid dictates of Universal Cartographics about what political structures can exist. We have two factions which are half-Anarchy (UC thinks they're Feudals), and two different forms of decentralised dictatorship (which UC have split the difference on and marked one as Cooperative and one as Dictatorship)

We're here to oppose The Club, because that's what Salome- whatever her flaws- was all about, and we have reason to believe that we're where she would have gone.
Just because Salome might have wanted to make use of Colonia's unconditional refugee policy to get away from the heat temporarily - and it's not like anywhere else would have taken her in - doesn't mean the Club are doing anything out here. Probably, rather the opposite.

We further believe that supporting The Nameless is one the only ways to actively oppose The Club. Why?

Mel Brandon.

Ol' Mel is an engineer. Everyone knows this. Pretty handy too. What most people may not realize is that it's been pretty well established that some, most, or perhaps even all of the famous engineers have been established by The Club to maximize the effectiveness of humanity's spacefaring vessels. And why do they have an interest in doing so? So that those members of the Pilots Federation can continue to dance to their tune, scurrying this way and that to various Club-organized Community Goals, chasing their own petty fortunes instead of the greater truth. Engineers are the enablers of all this.

And whose blood does Mel Brandon demand to be spilled to acquire his services?

That's right. The Nameless. Of all the factions in Colonia, it's them.

Isn't that peculiar?
Well, except that there's a rather more obvious case for why Brandon doesn't like the Nameless.

- Brandon was thrown out of the Federal military for being too nice
- the Council gave him a better job in Colonia
- the Nameless attacked the Council very directly back in 3303

Additionally the Colonia engineers are openly established and funded by the Council (which is why they get proper research facilities, can afford to pay traffic controllers, etc.)

As far as the Club goes, the fact remains that every action attributed to them has been at best useless and at worst a complete failure
- they encouraged proliferation of capital ships to defend against the Thargoids ... ships that large turned out to be expensive targets at best
- they set up terraforming of distant planets in an extremely expensive way with basically no pay-off even now ... Jaques managed to beat that performance accidentally
- they released information on the Guardians to distract people from the Barnard's Loop area ... but only after the Crab Nebula Expedition (the 3rd largest ever, 2nd at the time) had been right through it
- they encouraged some engineers to set up to give pilots better ships so that they could be less distracted from the bigger picture because their day work was now easier ... I'm not actually sure what they were thinking there
Now, maybe, they don't talk about their successes. But nor does anyone else.

That is all nice and dandy. But since we have modes (Solo,Private & Open) it is irrelevant what someone tries to implement or not. Same as getting killed by another commander. As long as I have enough money I just re-spawn. It has no consequences what so ever.

Make ED open only and send a killed commander to the bench for 24 hours. Then we are talking.

Ab Imo Pectore.

CMDR Steyla
Not fair! I'd never be able to play as I'd be on the bench every time I get back into the game...

(some of us are not competent in combat...)

One of the things Colonia certainly rejects are the rigid dictates of Universal Cartographics about what political structures can exist. We have two factions which are half-Anarchy (UC thinks they're Feudals), and two different forms of decentralised dictatorship (which UC have split the difference on and marked one as Cooperative and one as Dictatorship)

Just because Salome might have wanted to make use of Colonia's unconditional refugee policy to get away from the heat temporarily - and it's not like anywhere else would have taken her in - doesn't mean the Club are doing anything out here. Probably, rather the opposite.

Well, except that there's a rather more obvious case for why Brandon doesn't like the Nameless.

• Brandon was thrown out of the Federal military for being too nice
  • the Council gave him a better job in Colonia
  • the Nameless attacked the Council very directly back in 3303
Additionally the Colonia engineers are openly established and funded by the Council (which is why they get proper research facilities, can afford to pay traffic controllers, etc.)

As far as the Club goes, the fact remains that every action attributed to them has been at best useless and at worst a complete failure
  • they encouraged proliferation of capital ships to defend against the Thargoids ... ships that large turned out to be expensive targets at best
  • they set up terraforming of distant planets in an extremely expensive way with basically no pay-off even now ... Jaques managed to beat that performance accidentally
  • they released information on the Guardians to distract people from the Barnard's Loop area ... but only after the Crab Nebula Expedition (the 3rd largest ever, 2nd at the time) had been right through it
  • they encouraged some engineers to set up to give pilots better ships so that they could be less distracted from the bigger picture because their day work was now easier ... I'm not actually sure what they were thinking there
Now, maybe, they don't talk about their successes. But nor does anyone else.
Sorry, but it's way more fun to see The Club around every corner like a proper loon :p.

I suppose that I wish that the narrative established by the long run up to 2.4 had gone somewhere after Premontion. It certainly felt like Frontier had larger storytelling goals at the time...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom