Please reconsider fleet carriers for solo players.

You're consistently positively inclined towards ED. Nothing wrong. You're also mostly reasonable about it, imo.
Max certainly isn't a hater. I think the problem is that we often look at isolated discussions.

When I read your rants about engineering I often think that you must hate the game, but when I read your posts on a different topic it's like you are the most reasonable person in the world... :D

Max certainly isn't a hater. I think the problem is that we often look at isolated discussions.

When I read your rants about engineering I often think that you must hate the game, but when I read your posts on a different topic it's like you are the most reasonable person in the world... :D
There are parts of the game that I don't like though. But mostly I really like it, if I didn't I wouldnt still be playing it.

what would be the point of sologrinding a fleet carrier?

you have to collect fuel for every jump. you have to stock it. you have to grind for upkeep and maintenance. getting anywhere would take hundreds of time longer and take more work.

it would be like playing the game with a boat anchor around your neck. Im pretty sure itll be lile that for squadrons too but for a single player......yikes.
But that’s E:D in general.
I guess this would mean you’re grinding to operate your carrier rather than grinding for no reason...

How many players normally get assigned to one instance? I vaguely recall someone mentioning around 30.

So for combat between two carrier-based squadrons, that's a maximum of 15 per Carrier.

Not that big.
There is a U-toob post which has 100 in an instance. - that might have been a special event tho, - can't remember.

Does everyone just ignore the facts?
If the carriers are squadron based, you only get to take one ship.
I guess you could always get a dozen accounts then have all 12 join your squadron.

Does everyone just ignore the facts?
If the carriers are squadron based, you only get to take one ship.
I guess you could always get a dozen accounts then have all 12 join your squadron.
bah, why couldn't i just hire pilots. also,

+1 for solo carriers. Freighters are indespensible in No Man's Sky, for eample. Being able to call freighters into orbit would also be nice.

Introverts don't squadron up, so it'd be sad if we missed out too.

Code:
US$0.02++

Free on consoles and relatively inexpensive on PC in the sales.
Yeah, but if one ship per commander then you have to 'level up' all your commanders.

Want a T9 tanker for refueling? Gotta grind void opals on that account to pay for it.
Want an Eagle canyon racer? Have fun unlocking engineers on that account to get your G5 drag drives.
Every ship you want is another alt to grind.

Sure, you can do it, but to me it seems like an awful lot of effort to go to, compared to ship transfer.

No point in speculating, really. But, my opinion is that if fleet carriers are going to be a massive drain on entire squadrons. Then why would a solo player ever want that? I doubt that even despite their best efforts fleet carriers will simply be out of reach.

Because lets be honest. We all know these things are going to be both credit and material sinks.

Yeah, but if one ship per commander then you have to 'level up' all your commanders.

Want a T9 tanker for refueling? Gotta grind void opals on that account to pay for it.
Want an Eagle canyon racer? Have fun unlocking engineers on that account to get your G5 drag drives.
Every ship you want is another alt to grind.

Sure, you can do it, but to me it seems like an awful lot of effort to go to, compared to ship transfer.
Nah, there are ways around that. Something about collector limpets and Palladium markets....

My thing is, I’ve already paid for my account. I like the game enough to have one account. It’s not great enough to make me want to buy it again. The store has already extracted more than enough extra from me - and let’s not forget this update bringing Carriers is a paid expansion. I’d be a little surprised if Vanilla commanders are able to make use of them as passengers. See them, maybe. Get a “You have to empty your pockets into ours to dock here”, very possibly.

Which means all you “I’ll show them and buy 12 alts” are going to need 12 New Expansions as well. Which would only be fair.

Last edited:
Top Bottom