Please reconsider fleet carriers for solo players.

I remember that too - however, for obvious reasons, it's completely meaningless on consoles (and not that expensive on PC).
Depends on the number. Setting up alt accounts on console isn't as trivial as many think. Free, yes. Trivial, not so much (at least not on PS4). If the number is greater than 5, then I personally wouldn't even bother.

I remember that too - however, for obvious reasons, it's completely meaningless on consoles (and not that expensive on PC).
Yeah I know that. But what may not be meaningless is the resupply as I would assume (again worst case scenario) that it would be balanced around the minimum member requirement. As I have stated it possibly could take days of grind to get the thing to move 500ly by one person.

My bet is that while people can circumvent the requirements, they may have other issues which could make it a pointless item for one person. We don't know yet, but again, I wouldn't bet against it.

I am not saying these are facts, I just want to get some peoples expectations down otherwise they are going to be seriously disapointed.

Depends on the number. Setting up alt accounts on console isn't as trivial as many think. Free, yes. Trivial, not so much (at least not on PS4). If the number is greater than 5, then I personally wouldn't even bother.
If there is to be a requirement I am thinking somewhere between 10 and 20, that is a guess, but a reasonable one I think.

If there is to be a requirement I am thinking somewhere between 10 and 20, that is a guess, but a reasonable one I think.
If that's the case, then I fold.

OR.....

I'll petition all my good forum buddies to join my squadron for a day, allowing me to buy my Fleet Carrier, and then they can go back to their regular squadrons as I enjoy my FC with my squadron of two! 😁

I'll happily reciprocate the favor for those who want their own personal FC as well.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
I'll petition all my good forum buddies to join my squadron for a day, allowing me to buy my Fleet Carrier, and then they can go back to their regular squadrons as I enjoy my FC with my squadron of two! 😁

I'll happily reciprocate the favor for those who want their own personal FC as well.
I fully expect that informal "barn raisings" of this type will occur - and I intend to offer my main and altCMDRs to provide this service from time-to-time - plus "micro-CGs" to provide resources to move the Carrier.

If that's the case, then I fold.

OR.....

And if re-supply is balanced around those requirements, meaning that you can't actually use it for anything without a massive grind, will it still be a good investment?

Maybe Fleet Carriers will be disabled when the squadron amount goes below a certain amount.

Curb your expectations.

Accept that they will only be useful for squadron of certain size with active members. If you get something that a sole player can use, then great, something to cheer and get excited about.

Curb your expectations.
I've been dealing with Elephant Butt Leather and Dancing Disco Shadows for years now, despite multiple patch notes and promises from FDev saying this would be fixed... I have ZERO expectations when it comes to this game, except the ever lingering expectation to be disappointed by each new update 😞

On the other hand, Frontier did listen to my suggestions regarding NPCs, so maybe there's still a particle of hope in this Pandora's box of shadows!

So after a bit more research, with some key info at the start time:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT4T20enqOk&feature=youtu.be&t=1985

Seems that:

• With the existing concept of carriers, its a technical thing, but that only means that its going to be a literal pay to play / ship sale for pc solo players. I don't think we're the ones who will be disappointed if the number is too high.. but of course whales will be certainly be able to have one. The big ones that upset peoples imaginations. Your credit card will do it (assuming you're already a billionaire, but who isn't). What i mean here is just keep buying more accounts, to avoid confusion.
  • There's no indication at all that the maintenance is going to be a grind, or painful. This seems to be pure fantasy by fellow forum members who enjoy asserting that people can't have nice things. There is no indication at all that the gameplay is going to be prohibitive. They're planning on restricting by whatever minimum squadron membership number they balance at.
  • There's categorically (at the time) no new content added for these. The intention is to support existing activities. They implied the focus will be utility / support.
  • BONUS: It was implied there will definitely be some sort of storage, likely for credits and other resources.
Personally im thinking a whole bunch of things, but i have no public comment on this :)

• There's no indication at all that the maintenance is going to be a grind, or painful. This seems to be pure fantasy by fellow forum members who enjoy asserting that people can't have nice things. There is no indication at all that the gameplay is going to be prohibitive. They're planning on restricting by whatever minimum squadron membership number they balance at.
I guess people took their experience with Elite over the last couple of years into account to come to this conclusion. ;)

Anyway, we're all just speculating here. For example you're assuming those concepts are still valid.

So after a bit more research, with some key info at the start time:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fT4T20enqOk&feature=youtu.be&t=1985

Seems that:

• With the existing concept of carriers, its a technical thing, but that only means that its going to be a literal pay to play / ship sale for pc solo players. I don't think we're the ones who will be disappointed if the number is too high.. but of course whales will be certainly be able to have one. The big ones that upset peoples imaginations. Your credit card will do it (assuming you're already a billionaire, but who isn't). What i mean here is just keep buying more accounts, to avoid confusion.
  • There's categorically (at the time) no new content added for these. The intention is to support existing activities. They implied the focus will be utility / support.
  • BONUS: It was implied there will definitely be some sort of storage, likely for credits and other resources.
Personally im thinking a whole bunch of things, but i have no public comment on this :)
"When enough resources are gathered the fleet carriers can move independently!"

That was mentioned in the stream. As to maintanence, I don't know. Its certainly a possiblility.

Last edited:
  • There's no indication at all that the maintenance is going to be a grind, or painful. This seems to be pure fantasy by fellow forum members who enjoy asserting that people can't have nice things. There is no indication at all that the gameplay is going to be prohibitive. They're planning on restricting by whatever minimum squadron membership number they balance at....
It's more long-standing experience that FD likes to develop content that only a fraction of players get to see.

Top Bottom