PLEASE MAKE POWERPLAY IN "OPEN ONLY"

Has online gaming even been around for 30 years? :unsure::eek:
First Online game was 1960 it was mainstream in the 1990s
First MUDs starting appearing in the 1970s, IIRC. I started playing them in the late 1980s, myself. If you think people are salty about PvP now, imagine a time when you had pay by the hour for online access, you were on a limited budget, and modem speeds were measured in bauds. I still remember how glorious it was when AOL started offering a flat monthly fee for unlimited access, combined with the power of a 33.6k modem, and Ultima Online, before the Trammel/Feluca split.

But they didn't anticipate that a subset of the pvp crowd in a single game would be pushing for a change that upsets their whole business model... They should have had more foresight.
Plus they could be playing Elite exclusively, or that was why they brought the game, because they can play an off line mode. I have burned out two xboxes, over the years and never played anything on-line.

You are forced to solo because you made the bad choice of buying into ms and sony without truly accepting their policy prior to buying your console. Go unleash your rage there in their forums, I can't do anything for you.
You know, there are so many ways I could define you; but they are just not allowed, to be written here.

To night, I have read over 10 pages of your pure selfishness. You make the O.P. look like a saint.

You want change: You claim that concessions and compromise is required, but not from you. Basically, you are demanding change, at any cost to the player base and you are happy to sacrifice the little guys; more than happy: According to you; it is all their fault!

Your campaign to make Elite great again, is hindered by your own input.

I do not care at all, I am not a console user and it does not concern OOPP at all. Console users should solve the fact they are forced to pay for basic usage rights with ms etc. instead of using it to push their agenda here.
Q.E.D.

We have no agenda. We are just defending, the status quo.

Your own agenda however? Well, you have made that, very plain.

Has online gaming even been around for 30 years? :unsure::eek:
Yes, longer actually. Online gaming predates the actual public use of the internet. In the days before the internet we had online services that charged hourly connection fees which hosted various games and also games that allowed you to play online with friends via a direct connection. I had bills of 100's of dollars per month for the former...

Stopping change is an agenda. Yes, I have an agenda, I want to play powerplay the way the devs meant it and based on the feedback of players playing it rather than people getting enraged because they would get opposition ingame.
That is an opinion, not a fact. The feedback I mean.

A while ago, a big guy in F.D. made a proposal to the players. That feedback, is now reflected, by the inaction, to implement said proposal. That is a fact. Otherwise you would not be here, whining and refusing to accept any reasonable argument against your own demands.

Just curious...

By definition, Multi-Crew and Wings cannot be utilized by solo players, so mode-agnostic features is a fallacious arguement.

FDEV would be well served by splitting the consoles from the PC players. Allowing Sony and Microsoft to dictate terms that are bad for your product is poor decision-making on FDEV's part.

Last edited:
First MUDs starting appearing in the 1970s, IIRC. I started playing them in the late 1980s, myself.
When started playing the internet didn't even exist for the general population here, we connected to a BBS. A while after that when it was just dial up internet I helped set up and run a dial in game service with a room full of modems so people could play games without having to pay an hourly fee. We never made any money from it but it was fun and a good intro for when I went into IT a while later. Ah the good old days, they can keep them, I much prefer the good new days!

When started playing the internet didn't even exist for the general population here, we connected to a BBS. A while after that when it was just dial up internet I helped set up and run a dial in game service with a room full of modems so people could play games without having to pay an hourly fee. We never made any money from it but it was fun and a good intro for when I went into IT a while later. Ah the good old days, they can keep them, I much prefer the good new days!
Logically. Playing Chess by fax, or phone; is a similar form of gaming and then before that, we played by post.

That is an opinion, not a fact. The feedback I mean.

A while ago, a big guy in F.D. made a proposal to the players. That feedback, is now reflected, by the inaction, to implement said proposal. That is a fact. Otherwise you would not be here, whining and refusing to accept any reasonable argument against your own demands.
That's a fallacy not a fact.
The feedback was overwhelmingly in favour of the changes being made. The devs' inaction does not reflect the feedback in any reasonable sense, it is contrary to it.

That's a fallacy not a fact.
The feedback was overwhelmingly in favour of the changes being made. The devs' inaction does not reflect the feedback in any reasonable sense, it is contrary to it.
You will have to present some evidence that it was in favour, I would disagree and say it was for the most part against, but then we are all subject to confirmation bias and tend to ignore ideas and posts that disagree with our preconceived ideas, this is why when you make a statement like this it must be backed up evidence, not should, must, otherwised it can be dismissed.

What is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

You will have to present some evidence that it was in favour, I would disagree and say it was for the most part against, but then we are all subject to confirmation bias and tend to ignore ideas and posts that disagree with our preconceived ideas, this is why when you make a statement like this it must be backed up evidence, not should, must, otherwised it can be dismissed.

You can just count the yes and no in that proposal thread. There'll be nothing clearer than that.

Of course you can say it's just the forums. But remember, it's the forums where FDev declare and perform actions related to the game, like the recent InIn vote.

Last edited:
Oh no, you mean they are making changes based on the PVP part of the game. Maybe thats because the feedback is taken from players that take part in all of the game. Instead of the ones whining when they get blown up or complain about PVPers in general.

Who would have thunk it.

Shocking I know.

This forum right now.

Damn you, have to give you a like for the meme.

However, you fail to provide any sort of rebuttal to my point :p

The flaw with that line of thinking is that there is no server as such - at least not in the way it is with the average MMO... other than that singular point, I probably agree with the reset of your post to one degree or another.
There could be...

You can just count the yes and no in that proposal thread. There'll be nothing clearer than that.

Of course you can say it's just the forums. But remember, it's the forums where FDev declare and perform actions related to the game, like the recent InIn vote.
Well, there is an argument that majority aren't always the best at knowing what is best for the game. Take for example the vote regarding ship transfer times, those who lost might agree with that statement ;)

Damn you, have to give you a like for the meme.

However, you fail to provide any sort of rebuttal to my point :p
I dont get what im supposed to disagree with. Yes, they made changes around what happens with missiles and player interaction. I dont see why this is an issue. This is a multiplayer game after all.

You're right about it. But you dont like being right about it? I dunno weird conversation.

Just curious...

By definition, Multi-Crew and Wings cannot be utilized by solo players, so mode-agnostic features is a fallacious arguement.

FDEV would be well served by splitting the consoles from the PC players. Allowing Sony and Microsoft to dictate terms that are bad for your product is poor decision-making on FDEV's part.
Point 1: They can be used by people in PG. Does this mean PP should be removed from solo but not PG, since PG has parity with open?

Point 2: Agreed that it does mean there isn't parity. That is why some people want NPC wingmen and want to see their NPC crew in cockpits. To bring parity.

Point 3: Powerplay does not require people to be in the same instance/mode/platform to work.

Point 1: They can be used by people in PG. Does this mean PP should be removed from solo but not PG, since PG has parity with open?

Point 2: Agreed that it does mean there isn't parity. That is why some people want NPC wingmen and want to see their NPC crew in cockpits. To bring parity.

Point 3: Powerplay does not require people to be in the same instance/mode/platform to work.
Powerplay failed because of point 3. Not because it was a bad design. You have to put people in the same place.

Point 2 they get someone in a fighter bay. Some games want people to use group play. See world of warcraft dungeons and raids.

Point 1 see why powerplay failed in your point 3.

Not hard to figure out. Dont know why people try and argue about it otherwise. Its completely pointless to do so.

While it is an internet poll, its as useful as anything we have at 77k (if memory serves) votes. And if you look at the Flash topic hard yes / hard no that follows a similar trend. Its about as good evidence of intent as we will ever see.

Nice copypasta rhetorical device. It is supposed to be for dismissing spurious claims, but can just as easily be used to lazily dismiss any argument you personally disagree with, as in this case. The evidence is all on this forum, and on obsidian ant's youtube channel. Dont equate people with the likes of flat earthers or disengenuous agitators just because you cant be bothered to do some basic research on the topic youre trying to discuss. Your ignorance is primarily your own responsibility, yeh?

Nice copypasta rhetorical device. It is supposed to be for dismissing spurious claims, but can just as easily be used to lazily dismiss any argument you personally disagree with, as in this case. The evidence is all on this forum, and on obsidian ant's youtube channel. Dont equate people with the likes of flat earthers or disengenuous agitators just because you cant be bothered to do some basic research on the topic youre trying to discuss. Your ignorance is primarily your own responsibility, yeh?
Thing is. I rather see a real Poll made by FRONTIER Not by some youtuber or a topic but a REAL POLL.

Top Bottom