Planetary vehicle hanger has persistent destroyed SRV [SOLVED]

Got killed in an SRV, planetary vehicle hangar lists the SRV as destroyed rather than empty. Cant buy a new srv in outfitting because the destroyed srv is taking up the slot, tried storing and restoring the module, srv (destroyed) still there.

According to the role panel (which lists the SRV as (destroyed)) the srv has 100% shields health and fuel.

Just started playing the game yesterday again after a break of almost a year and ts just bugs everywhere, quit right after the FSS was introduced and its nice to see that nothing has changed.

Make a bug report? Really? Oh, thats rich :)

Yeah im on the fence between fiddling with something like that and just taking another few months break then checking back to see if they managed to straighten this mess out.
Come back end of 2020 - that's when we expect a large number of new bugs big update ;)

Ummm...don't you just need to do a repair/restock to restore the destroyed SRV? You don't need to buy a new one.

Pretty sure it's always been that way.

Unless something has changed in the latest update (sorry - haven't docked for months).

Ummm...don't you just need to do a repair/restock to restore the destroyed SRV? You don't need to buy a new one.

Pretty sure it's always been that way.

Unless something has changed in the latest update (sorry - haven't docked for months).
I tried that. ill try it again tho, i have not played in so long that i might have missed something. That didnt work. Selling the hangar and buying it back did.

Last edited:
This happened to me tonight as well. I think this may be a bug, I’m sure it never used to be this way.

Prior to April update if you were destroyed in SRV then when you got back to a station with outfitting you just bought another one. Never done a “restock” option as far as I can remember.

Now you have to sell the whole planetary vehicle hangar and rebuy it and then buy another SRV. Weird.

Last edited:
This happened to me tonight as well. I think this may be a bug, I’m sure it never used to be this way.

Prior to April update if you were destroyed in SRV then when you got back to a station with outfitting you just bought another one. Never done a “restock” option as far as I can remember.

Now you have to sell the whole planetary vehicle hangar and rebuy it and then buy another SRV. Weird.
So, you definitely tried restock and repair first, and neither worked?

I tried a restock and repair and could not see any option that would indicate SRV had been restocked.
So when you checked the bottom panel that shows the SRV status, it was still showing as ‘Destroyed’?

The reason I ask is that restock and repair does not provide any visual indication that your SRV has been restored, but that doesn’t mean the SRV wasn’t restocked. The vehicle status panel though should show the status has changed from ‘Destroyed’ to ??? (I can’t remember the status exactly...).

It just feels to me that the SRV was actually restored, but people seem to think it wasn’t for some reason. 🤷‍♂️

I’m happy to be proven wrong, but i’ve never had to restock a destroyed SRV by purchasing a new one through outfitting.

I've just had the most annoying experience with ED, which involved both my SRV getting destroyed. The station I tried to get new ones at, does sell hangars alright. The "restock all" option never goes to 100 %, but can be clicked all over with nothing happening and a displayed credit cost. The advanced maintenance option "resupply all" acts the same. The outfitting screen shows the SRVs as destroyed and can't be replaced in any way there. The SRV role panel shows the slots as empty.

ED's UI belongs in the filthiest garbage can you can find.

How can I be expected to spend additional money on ED if basic things like this are broken, and the whole UI (on PC) in general (oh damn, do you struggle in the presence of the mighty keyboard?).

If ED is not making any sales, this is one of the reasons. If ED is making sales, it's probably from the first time people who got fooled. UI. Garbage.

I've just had the most annoying experience with ED, which involved both my SRV getting destroyed. The station I tried to get new ones at, does sell hangars alright. The "restock all" option never goes to 100 %, but can be clicked all over with nothing happening and a displayed credit cost. The advanced maintenance option "resupply all" acts the same. The outfitting screen shows the SRVs as destroyed and can't be replaced in any way there. The SRV role panel shows the slots as empty.

ED's UI belongs in the filthiest garbage can you can find.
Username checks out.

Top Bottom