Newcomer / Intro Oxygen out in 2 minutes warning.

I was having no problems, was not attacked, Left a station on a mission and as soon as the mass lock was dropped I got message saying I was running out of OXYGEN. I could not find the problem or repair it. I exploded before I cold get back in the port. I bought a new ship and started again,, as soon as I left again I was out of Oxygen.. can anyone tell me how to fix this as I am now on my 3rd ship and getting ready to leave the station again and I think I am going to die and explode from no O2 again. I do not want to have to be spending all my saved money over and over to purchase the same ship numerous times as I am working toward a better ship then the Dolphin that I have.

Hmmm...that's a weird one. When you say you bought a new ship, do you mean an actual new ship, stock? Or do you mean you re-bought your original ship?

If you re-bought your original ship, then that suggests something wrong with the outfitting that's preventing your life support from running. Check your power priorities. Make sure your life support is turned on.

Otherwise, if it's a stock ship, I have no idea.

Logically the life support has been switched off.

Left Right control panel and check everything is on.

However: I don't understand how this can be happening, with a new ship. Unless the old ships settings, are automatically transferred, to the new ship you buy.

Check your power settings. Maybe you don't have enough power to run all of your modules.

Last edited:
It was all running fine then all of a sudden poof... I also have checked and rechecked the config and it says everything is working. But thanks, I will check again.. and I do have the highest rated power generator and distribution unit.

It was all running fine then all of a sudden poof... I also have checked and rechecked the config and it says everything is working. But thanks, I will check again.. and I do have the highest rated power generator and distribution unit.
Left Right panel - modules window (as shown above) Is the usage higher that the output? If it is, things will automatically shut down.

Last edited:
The Dolphin can fit a 4A power plant. Which generates 15.6 MW of power. If you happen to be running a 4E life support, it supports only 5 mins of oxygen and takes .50mw of power. It is entirely possible that you are running something like a total of 16.1mw used and have the power priority of the life support set to <2> or higher. so you take off fine, shields and thrusters work fine but the Life support is disabled which is causing you to run on backup oxygen while departing the station. If the life support was set to power priority <1> the entire ship would shut down due to over power consumption.
If you can set all your power priorities to <1> and the ship remains active but life support is still on backup oxygen. as above ensure it is not disabled for some reason.
Baring all that maybe its an odd bug you can report to Frontier.

When you say highest rated, is it the correct size for your ship - i.e. not undersized for the slot

If your ship uses more power than it generates modules get switched off to save power, they higher the priority number they have been given the sooner they get switched off, I think priority settings are retained when a ship is recovered using the rebuy screen.

Dam the queue mate if yer oxygen is low ram yer way in!!!...There is no requirement to wait and even if you are fined its cheaper than a new ship.
I have one on my Clipper, but as soon as it starts to hang around, I just fly it in myself.

My Cobra III, is named; I82QB4IDOCK

You say about ramming. My Auto-launch does just that; often. The first time it did it, I was a bit worried; but like the docking system; if the DC hits anything; even over 100sm, there is no warning or fine. The first time there was a ship in front of my ship, as the Auto-launch was taking me out; it just kept ramming the ship in the way, until it wasn't any more. I thought I was looking at a fine or something; but nope. It has hit other ships, about 1 in 3 launches so far.

Never got it to work so I actually made it back into the port, sold the ship for a hauler, did a couple runs then jumped a couple hundred Light Years or whatever away took like 20 jumps but got a ASP EXPLORER at a discount, fitted it out and Exploring and running some passengers with it now. Found it at a discount with about 30 other ships at Sola Prospect in the Brestla Galaxy or whatever it was.. I don't remember now..

cool... I have no idea how much the ships cost at other places... Its the first place I found that had a lot of ships and as for ALL ships being there.. I have no idea if they are or not.. I do know I ended up selling my ship that ran out of O2 as soon as I left the dock/ port whatever as I never could figure out why it started doing that all of a sudden. I have no problem now just went sold it and upgraded to a different ship... Maybe they didn't like it as I had around 150 million in credits and they wanted me to spend it...

Top Bottom