No sand tool in sandbox mode?

Hello! The terrain tools are specific to each island. Whilst we know that people would like all options, especially for sandbox, this wasn't technically doable without corrupting or impacting saved games.
Will you consider including fern trees as a placeable tree in the game I would really want the feel of placing individual fern trees as a place tree in the game like all the other trees. I'm aware that fern trees are a part of the diet of sauropods but I would really love this type of tree being a placeable tree in the future. Just this terrain tree I would really love the game, plus I could make Walking with Dinosaur documentaries with this type of tree. Also Fern Shrubs.
816e1e32f124aa90c153444ea462e9dc.jpg

Last edited:
I have said it before, and this patch and DLC have not shifted my thoughts. But Muerta East is still the best map in the game for building.

Only rain storms, great size and location. And now still the best map for the SAND TOOL!.

I would still suggest to anyone who feels they are missing out;

Get Dr Wu DLC.
Complete Muerta East.
Five star it
Let it run in profit, till you have way too much cash
Demolish and play like the sandbox.
Obviously you will not have a true sandbox, but hey the feeders and life spans are much better now.

only you, but the rest we want it, do not be selfish, he is trying to make your sanbox and everyone's more complete
You mean the few people on this forum want it. You are being selfish cause you have no idea how everyone who owns the game feels on the issue. You are speaking for everyone like you are the only one that matters. That's not how the world works.

I do not want my saves and progress ruined.

The way to fix this is to add all the islands to the sandbox mode. So that way you can at least build parks on the islands with sand and so on. This is something they should do anyway. Nublar North is superior map to the usual Nublar sandbox map cause Nublar North is bigger. Much bigger actually. It says sprawling in the game. It's a nice looking map. It's a shame to waste it on one campaign event.

Here's what I propose. While a great many wants all terrain brushes for sandbox to be available(atleast sandbox), & with the devs stating they don't want to mess up players save files. However, that great many doesn't equate to ALL players, be it PC or console users.

So here's what I propose. Why don't we have a poll for it. Devs say its technically impossible without the possibility of corrupting the save files, but is still probably possible.
Let's ask the mods to have the devs run a poll here in the forums for xxx-amount of time, with the following choices.

A- Include all terrain brushes into sandbox, at the expense of your savefiles being corrupted. AKA: Risk everything in-exchange for all terrain brushes.

OR

B-Keep the terrain brushes as it is. AKA: 2 terrain brushes aren't worth the risk in losing the save files.

Players make a choice & have them deal with the consequences.
Majority wins, it may be hurt the minority, but thats how choices & consequences are. As the saying goes: Needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few.

Last edited:
You mean the few people on this forum want it. You are being selfish cause you have no idea how everyone who owns the game feels on the issue. You are speaking for everyone like you are the only one that matters. That's not how the world works.

I do not want my saves and progress ruined.
1. It is assumed that the sandbox mode is to enjoy without limite all unlockable objects that are or are not dlc

2. Terrain tools, I was supposed to do a FREE UPDATE, they did not say anything that the sand and another one went only for secret of doc wu and claire that for me is already fraud (I have all the dlc in case you were wondering)

3. If the update had "errors" to be able to implement, then why did they announce it and put it on the market?

4.This game is supposed to be taken by a well-known company, they should already have experience in this issue of problems, it is not the first time they announce that "they can not fix something", they had the same "problem" with Tyranno sizes , Giga, Spinosaurus and Ceratosaurs, said the same thing they could not, but because of the complaints they had, they ended up doing it, that means they did not want to do it from the beginning because of issues they had, but it is not an excuse

5. If you are going to take out a game with updates try to promise the expectations that you promise otherwise, do not waste your time

I have said it before, and this patch and DLC have not shifted my thoughts. But Muerta East is still the best map in the game for building.

Only rain storms, great size and location. And now still the best map for the SAND TOOL!.

I would still suggest to anyone who feels they are missing out;

Get Dr Wu DLC.
Complete Muerta East.
Five star it
Let it run in profit, till you have way too much cash
Demolish and play like the sandbox.
Obviously you will not have a true sandbox, but hey the feeders and life spans are much better now.
Muerta and Muerta east for me indeed.

1. It is assumed that the sandbox mode is to enjoy without limite all unlockable objects that are or are not dlc

2. Terrain tools, I was supposed to do a FREE UPDATE, they did not say anything that the sand and another one went only for secret of doc wu and claire that for me is already fraud (I have all the dlc in case you were wondering)

3. If the update had "errors" to be able to implement, then why did they announce it and put it on the market?

4.This game is supposed to be taken by a well-known company, they should already have experience in this issue of problems, it is not the first time they announce that "they can not fix something", they had the same "problem" with Tyranno sizes , Giga, Spinosaurus and Ceratosaurs, said the same thing they could not, but because of the complaints they had, they ended up doing it, that means they did not want to do it from the beginning because of issues they had, but it is not an excuse

5. If you are going to take out a game with updates try to promise the expectations that you promise otherwise, do not waste your time
No one ever said there would be sand available on all the maps. It is not fraud. Calling it fraud is absolutely ridiculous. You can accuse someone of committing fraud for something they never promised.

The update was free. No one paid anything for it.

<Discuss the post not the poster>

They should not break peoples saves. Especially not campaign saves. I am still working my way through the campaign and I do not want to start over. Only a handful of people here on the forum want sand. There are millions of people that bought this game. They don't get a say in this and the saves should not be broken. Not to satisfy a minority of people.

If they can find a way to add the sand texture to all the maps without breaking peoples save files than fine. They should do it. But if they can't then no.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one ever said there would be sand available on all the maps. It is not fraud. Calling it fraud is absolutely ridiculous. You can accuse someone of committing fraud for something they never promised.

The update was free. No one paid anything for it.

<Discuss the post not the poster>

They should not break peoples saves. Especially not campaign saves. I am still working my way through the campaign and I do not want to start over. Only a handful of people here on the forum want sand. There are millions of people that bought this game. They don't get a say in this and the saves should not be broken. Not to satisfy a minority of people.

If they can find a way to add the sand texture to all the maps without breaking peoples save files than fine. They should do it. But if they can't then no.
You must understand that the "sanbox" mode was made to have everything that the game gives, there without limits, that's why the name "sanbox".

they said before that
"the sizes of certain dinos could not be changed.", If you knew that topic right? and surprise,

in the end they did it because of the complaints they had
, do not come with excuses then they can not put more types of terrain in the "sanbox".
better would not have done the types of terrain in the game if they would have those problems
,, do not be conformists and demand what they promise

Last edited:
Top Bottom