New Client broken - no Horizons?

Given the small size of the patch and the nature of the problems now, I think it was a purely legal thing with the accounts that they had to address. It's a strange out of place day for a patch too. Also no patch notes at all ?
Well the new installer was over 45MB compared to the previous one at just over 26MB so maybe it was the redistributables that needed updating.

My original order SKU was FORC-FDEV-D-1002 and I suspect any other LEP holder with the same SKU is also having issues.

I also got a key for the Oculus version of the game, which updated, and that failed to log in when launched, so presumably it's account related.

Edit: Tells me my account is not available.

Given the small size of the patch and the nature of the problems now, I think it was a purely legal thing with the accounts that they had to address. It's a strange out of place day for a patch too. Also no patch notes at all ?
There was no patch.

Well the new installer was over 45MB compared to the previous one at just over 26MB so maybe it was the redistributables that needed updating.
The new installer was only handful of KiB larger than the most recent prior version. They probably did update the redistributables, but they are still out of date, and I always uninstall the redundant version of VC++ 2005 they add. This one was no different.

Still unable to log in with the Steam client. Same error message about 'exception initialising application'.

Not for me.

Tried logging off the account and the machine, as well as attempting to force load the Horizons client. No dice.

Maybe they are working their way through the list of affected SKUs...
i did nothing special, just the usual way to play, it turned blue - "suddenly"