Newcomer / Intro key bindings and options

Well my trusty OLD Alienware computer finally went off to Vahalla and I had to order a new rig. My questions are: are my key bindings saved on my computer or on the server and are all my other options (graphics, etc) stored on my computer or the server? Thanks

Think the bindings are still kept on
\User Name\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings\

But not 100% sure as the last bind that I had changed was in May of 2019 and that's the latest date I have. So unsure if this is still the case or not. All other settings I believe are still in the \User Name\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\, but again, not 100% if this is still the case. Meaning you might be out of luck unless you had an offline backup somewhere...

Your options are saved on your computer:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\ directories for Bindings, Graphics etc

Your journal and log files are also on your computer - if you want to keep them they can be found in:

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\

All your commander data though is held on the servers so you won't lose assets or progress.

Thanks for the advice. I was able to get the old box to boot long enough to pull the files off and save them to an external HD. I ordered a beast of a new rig. Looking forward to it getting here. (Overclocked 9900K 5MHZ, 1 TB Samsung SSD with 3500 read speed, GTX 2080, 32 gigs of hyperx 3200MHZ memory, Corsair liquid cooling) I will probably have to sell some blood to help pay for it. Thanks again

I bought the rig to "future proof" it for a little while. I run Elite at 4K using a Predator 4K monitor. It is so detailed and beautiful but the screenshots take up a lot of HD space. Worth it though. Thanks for the help. I backed everything up and also took pics on my iPhone of every option screen and key bindings. Might be overkill but better safe and sorry.

I bought the rig to "future proof" it for a little while. I run Elite at 4K using a Predator 4K monitor. It is so detailed and beautiful but the screenshots take up a lot of HD space. Worth it though. Thanks for the help. I backed everything up and also took pics on my iPhone of every option screen and key bindings. Might be overkill but better safe and sorry.
Elite Dangerous Discovery can be set up to automatically convert and rename your screenshots as you take them giving them names related to where the picture was taken and JPG PNG and TIF file types are supported for output.

Top Bottom