Just something I've been wondering since void opal mining became a thing.

I should first start out by explaining where I'm at. I'm a Triple Elite Cmdr, been playing for a year and a few months, I have a lot of time on my hands so that's the reason I managed to gain ranks so fast. I've been a part of a big player faction and done pretty much everything Elite has to offer from Data runs to PvP. Now, one of my all time favourite pastimes in game was bulk long haul passenger missions, I found it really relaxing to fill up all my passenger compartments and do a long haul supercruise to MedB or Smeaton Orbital with a load of security personnel or businessmen or some other weird group.

When these were nerfed into the ground I was ultimately disappointed and left feeling quite gutted. Now all we get are VIPs most of whom are wanted and take up entire cabins to themselves and the pay isn't that good anymore.

The TL;DR I guess would be... Now that it is possible to make Billions and reach Elite from mining/trading void opals, would it be possible to return the bulk long haul passenger missions to places like MedB and Smeaton Orbital? I feel like it would be great to mix up the gameplay a bit again and bringing those back would give people something to do if they get tired of mining. you wouldn't be able to make any more credits than you can mining after 3.3. Most I ever made was 150mil an hour, with void opals I can make double/triple that so it's not as if it would break the economy any more than void opals have.

Last edited:
ED is hugely imbalanced, exploits all over. Instead of patching the leaks in a ship that's already on the bottom, give us more to spend massive amounts of credits on, FDev. Player bases? High end small ships?

ED is hugely imbalanced, exploits all over. Instead of patching the leaks in a ship that's already on the bottom, give us more to spend massive amounts of credits on, FDev. Player bases? High end small ships?
Yeah there are a few things that do need fixing but for the most part it's brilliant. We will have something to spend our mountains of cash on once they release fleet carriers and I'm sure we'll see some more expensive ships at some point. Possibly a full on set of guardian ships, I'd pay a few billion for those lol

Heck
Yeah there are a few things that do need fixing but for the most part it's brilliant. We will have something to spend our mountains of cash on once they release fleet carriers and I'm sure we'll see some more expensive ships at some point. Possibly a full on set of guardian ships, I'd pay a few billion for those lol
FDev could keep me completely happy by releasing just one ship every few months until the big 2020 update.

I've flown all but three, maybe four at this point, but I'm still waiting to find that one I just can't stop flying. :)
Oh I just found a ship I'd never thought I would like but it has been a recent favourite of mine, I used to absolutely hate the Imperial Courier until I got the enhanced thrusters from farseer and engineered them to G5 dirty with drag drives. 885M/s boost speed the thing is rapid haha. Thanks to that I've been attempting to push other ships to their upper speed limits. I have a sidewinder that goes almost 750 😂

I too enjoyed the Smeaton runs (sounds like a condition after eating a bad meal).

I don't think they will bring them back because I don't think they were nerfed to keep people from making money. I think it had a bad effect on the blackbirds (or whatever birds out there) faction as the system state was revolving like a merry go round.

I too enjoyed the Smeaton runs (sounds like a condition after eating a bad meal).

I don't think they will bring them back because I don't think they were nerfed to keep people from making money. I think it had a bad effect on the blackbirds (or whatever birds out there) faction as the system state was revolving like a merry go round.
Ah that makes sense now that I think about it... Didn't think there was any PFs in that system but if there is then I can see why they removed them from there. I hope they bring in some new locations for it though. I miss sitting in supercruise for an hour whilst I go make a cup of tea and get things done around the house lol

Oh I just found a ship I'd never thought I would like but it has been a recent favourite of mine, I used to absolutely hate the Imperial Courier until I got the enhanced thrusters from farseer and engineered them to G5 dirty with drag drives. 885M/s boost speed the thing is rapid haha. Thanks to that I've been attempting to push other ships to their upper speed limits. I have a sidewinder that goes almost 750 😂
Yeah, I've only scratched the surface of engineering (mostly weapons and shields so far, G4 is my max upgrade) so that should make some of my favorites even more fun to fly. :)

Yeah, I've only scratched the surface of engineering (mostly weapons and shields so far, G4 is my max upgrade) so that should make some of my favorites even more fun to fly. :)
Engineering is definitely what brings ships to life, after I put G5 dirty thrusters on my chieftain I went a bit crazy engineering everything. Then I bought that courier and went crazy again lol