Jurassic World Evloution – Request for the original Jurassic Park form 1993

Hello everyone! Just like you I am a huge Jurassic World Evolution fan. I have completed the main career mode several times now alongside with all the challenge modes and Jurassic World Evolution has easily became my favourite game of all time. Imagine how wonderful it would be if we, as players, could recreate the original Jurassic Park from the year 1993. I know that this game is about Jurassic ”World”, however the developers have already put into the game several items that regard the original film. This things are:
  • the original 1993 Jeep skin for our park rangers
  • quotes on the loading screen that come directly from the characters who participated during the events of the first film (eg. ”Clever girl”)
  • unlockable info about the places and the characters from the first Jurassic Park film
  • and lastly, we have the dinosaur that appears only in the first film (except the hologram in Jurassic World and the ”noise” that we can hear at the beginning of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom), of course I mean the deadly but beautiful addition to our parks, the Dilophosaurus.
I strongly believe that this is possibble, because Frontier has proved many times that they listen to the feedback of their fans, like in the case of dinosaur sizes and sleeping animation. I would love to be able to see this sort of stuff more than Marine or Flying Reptiles DLC (of coure it would be cool to see them as well). The ability to build the first park is very important to me, and I am sure for other players as well.
I want to share my ideas on how the developers can implement the ”original” theming into the game.
1. The separate career mode, which would include new characters and new divisions (for instance: paleontology, amusement and safety). Paleontology would care about the dinosaurs and their welfare as well as fossil expeditions and extractions, Amusement would focus on making the guests happy and well entertained and Safety would try to keep an eye on dinosaurs and could give you reports on how safe your park currently is). I know that their roles are basically the same, but this time I would disable the ”sabotage” mechanic, because in the original park, there was only one goal – to create the best theme park in the world. I would also give new colours to the divisions bars: Paleontology – green, Amusement – yellow and Safety – red. Maybe they could to use characters that appear shortly in the trailer for the ”Secrets of Dr. Wu” DLC (0:09 – 0:11). Have you ever thought about it?
2. A DLC which would include two or three maps (similarly to ”Secrets of Dr. Wu” DLC). Dr. Ian Malcolm could recall his first experience with dinosaurs and meanwhile playing he could tell us about what he felt during the events of 1993 accident. This will also include new divisions (which I have already mentioned above) or new missions focusing on welfare of the dinos and not on combats or weird experiments.
3. The last idea of mine is probably the simplest and most probable to happen (at least according to me). After reaching five star rating on all the islands of Five Deaths, the players would be able to unlock the ability to change the skins of the buildings and other stuff (similarly to day/night cycle). The player could decide whether she or he want to build Jurassic Park or Jurassic World.
The buildings would change their look, however their purpose would remain the same:
1. Hammond Creation Lab – Hatchery similar to Raptor Holding Pen
2. Hotel – Iguanodon Inn
3. Gate – Perimeter fence gate (the one which Alan Grant and other passed when they were entering Brachiosaur/Parasaurolophus paddock)
4. Innovation Centre – Visitor Centre (all other buildings focusing guests would have similar design with thatch at the top)
5. Ranger Station – Garge with 1993’s Jeeps
6. Shelter – Emergency bunker
7. Monorail – Safari tour (including beautiful Land Cruisers from the original film, however if you want to cross the path there would be a tunel that go under the path)
8. New path types (brown dirt and more elegant ones)
9. Gyrosphere – also Land Cruiser, but with the ability to go inside the enclosure
10.ACU Centre – Maintenance Helipad
11. Guests buildings (Restaurants, Gift Shops, etc.) – similar design to the Visitor Centre (with thatch roof)
12. Fences – no changes needed here
13. Expedition, Fossil and Research Centre - similar design as previous buildings
Notes: Alongside with all this changes I think it is worth to mention that Frontier can add new dinosaurs that were present during the events of the original film.
I know I am 1993’s Jurassic Park nerd, but it’s just the most beutiful thing in the entire world for me 😊. I want to check your thoughts about this and other ideas regarding this type of DLC. At the end I want to apologise for all the mistakes that I have made in this comment (btw I am not a native speaker of English).
SIncerely, Jurassic Park fan

Last edited:
I saw JP when I was 5. It had just been in the cinemas. Watched it 20 times within 6 days.
My love for this game is the hints of JP nostalgia. I know quite a few people growing up with JP films and toys as kids. Watching TLW later. They all play JWE and all of us basically hope for this classic dlc. To me JP as a film is way more creepy and gives much more immersion than JW. Huge paddocks full of thick jungle. Massive fences and gates (way bigger than what we see in JWE). The Jeep safari ride. That stuff is legend.
I have the JP and TLW soundtracks on when I play JWE. Frontier, make sure to hit that nostalgia button for the JP/TLW/JP3 fans out there sometime. They are a big part of your fanbase. I dare say that an ample amount of players would go for a classic expansion/dlc and love it.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that the Arrival Point (which is the park entrance for the guests in the game) could be replaced with Helipad (which can be seen at the beginning of the JP film) or the 1992 Jeep Wrangler could drop the guests off at the entry of the park. It would be very cool if the players had option to customise their buildings. It would be nice if they implemented the attractions and security items from Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis as well (eg. Viewing Dome, Ballon Tour, Security Cameras). Another idea that recently came to my mind is the ability to place individual trees or check the info about the guests (name, nationality, available cash etc).

Last edited:
I have heard recently that implementing the original 1993 style into the game can be impossible due to licence. Can this really be a problem? What's the deal? What are your thoughts?

I have heard recently that implementing the original 1993 style into the game can be impossible due to licence. Can this really be a problem? What's the deal? What are your thoughts?
One of the communitymanagers mentioned that they are focusing on JW right now and later clarified that it doesn't mean they'll never look at the possibility. I think they would be daft not going for this or at least some classic elements along the go. Cant imagine they cant implement it due to licensing. In any case, at this point we can only speculate. I'd say, lets keep our hopes up and upvote the classic request threads and let Frontier know that this is something we really would love. :)

They could implement classic style for buildings this way:

Jeep Wrangler 1993.png

Player could choose the building (let’s say the Innovation Centre) and change the skin by selecting the paint roller icon (similarly to Ranger Station or Helicopter), after that there could be an option to select 2015 or 1993 style (the Innovation Centre would change into Visitor Centre). It is worth to mention that the available cars in Ranger Station menu have also different shapes (1993 Jeep has different form than ordinary Ranger Jeep), that’s why the devs could also change the shapes of the buildings (for example, thay could make them taller). The Arrival Point could be change into Helipad or a station for Jeeps. The buildings could also change their names like Innovation/Visitor Centre or Fast-Food into Kiosk (like one from the JPOG). What do you think about this?

I like it. I guess this would be a convenient way to implement it!
I like the idea to change the arrival point. A helipad with jeeps would be awesome ofcourse. A bit simpler to implement would be to keep the mountaintunnels where currently the monorail comes from, but then change the monorail track into a mountain road. Then make jeeps come from that mountain down the road to a gate as seen in jp.

Last edited:
If they did alternative building skins, they should turn the storm defence station into the Toilet Kiosk - everyone knows the original parks had no storm protection whatsoever!

Yeah, stormtracking was definitely in the old park. I like the idea of having toilets in the park though. Not just to have it smashed and Gennaro eaten by rexy, but also for the fact that guests actually need them (guestmanagement). Maybe they could 'just' add that.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-phg8toprkw

I really hope this is true. Plus Acrocanthosaurus, Proceratosaurus and Herrerasaurus!
Please people, dont get too hyped up about this particular 'leak'. It might just be another fakey like the 'seasons pack'. If this is true, it will be awesome, but please dont be dissappointed if it was just photoshopped or smth. Considering there will be a carnivores pack tomorrow, I dont know if its realistic to assume there will be a JP content pack as well. Which also would mean Frontier would have called it JP 'content' pack. Sounds a bit of a weird pick for a title to me.

no way is that real, there is no real building or decoration system. otherwise I would say MAYBE its possible they threw in a JP gate as a small bonus. how or where would you put it?

as far an actual JP expansion, that is laughable. that would be too large an update (we were told its small they aren't trying to play games or anything, that is the case)

Possible. I would hope not, but I fear the large summer update is something more like, adding an island, new creatures, stuff like that rather than whole new mechanics for the game.

But I guess if thats the case, a JP themed would be the best option.

Please people, dont get too hyped up about this particular 'leak'. It might just be another fakey like the 'seasons pack'. If this is true, it will be awesome, but please dont be dissappointed if it was just photoshopped or smth. Considering there will be a carnivores pack tomorrow, I dont know if its realistic to assume there will be a JP content pack as well. Which also would mean Frontier would have called it JP 'content' pack. Sounds a bit of a weird pick for a title to me.
You’re correct, the developers have confirmed on the subreddit that the “Jurassic Park Content Pack” is indeed fake.

Whilst the pack is sadly confirmed to be fake, I'm honestly quite impressed by how well-modded the gate was in the picture. To be able to place the park gates on the ground, and change the wording and colours on the sign is quite an impressive feat.