Is there currently a problem with station menus?

Haven't really been doing much with station menus recently, aside from stocking up on limpets and cashing in bounties and CBs - which seems to work fine.

Went to have a look at the mission boards in several stations over the last couple of days and they were really, really, slow.
Slow as in swirly hexagon for so long that I'm actually surprised when the mission board appears instead of a "server error" message.
Really slow.

And then there's the Universal cartographics board.
I've currently got a heap of exploration data which I can't sell because I just flat-out cannot access the UniCart board.
I just get a swirly hexagon which carries on until I get bored and quit to the main menu.

Thinking about it, mat-traders have been pretty bad too.
Half the time, when I try to trade a mat' I just get a swirly hexagon and then have to quit to the main menu again.

Is this a known problem or is it just me?

I have only seen very occasional delays over the past few weeks. Not a current issue I'm aware of, it may be connected to the time of day you play though (ie if you normally play at peak time in your timezone). I generally play early in the morning or late at night.

I'm having serious issues right now as well. Currently doing missions for my faction and grinding some rep as well. Wherever I go I donate to get rep/inf and when stacking them I lose connection to the servers.

I'm having serious issues right now as well. Currently doing missions for my faction and grinding some rep as well. Wherever I go I donate to get rep/inf and when stacking them I lose connection to the servers.
By happy coincidence I've just joined the game & am docked. I opened the station services & went to the missions tab, there was a delay of maybe 2secs (normally about 1/2 sec for me at ~90fps) so it may be a localisation issue - ie your connection to the server or the server you are connected to.

Try restarting the game (to get a different server), if you can try pinging the IP your game lists as the server you are connecting to.

And then there's the Universal cartographics board.
I've currently got a heap of exploration data which I can't sell because I just flat-out cannot access the UniCart board.
very slow. I went to hand in a stack of date to UC - took about 15 mins to load in!

Restarted the game, the PC, and even the router when I could not get back in. Anyways, now would be a good time to take a break annyways. Thanks for the suggestions though! See you around.

The only current bugs I've seen was when rapidly loading up on Passenger Missions at a burning Station.

Bug 1 : "Mission Data is no longer valid", requires closing and re-opening of the Mission Board (Networking Instancing/Island Transfer related it seems)
Bug 2 : Station menu becomes unresponsive during very rapidly accepting Missions, requires opening of Engineers Page to force closing of Station Menu, works fine again afterwards

Universal Cartographics has always been ultra slow when sitting on many Pages. Maybe currently a tad worse than in the past though, gotta say that.
I remember wanting to manually sell ELW 1st Discovery Systems separately and getting through 32 Pages of Data took well over an hour due to the massive lag for the next Page to display.

The only current bugs I've seen was when rapidly loading up on Passenger Missions at a burning Station.

Bug 1 : "Mission Data is no longer valid", requires closing and re-opening of the Mission Board (Networking Instancing/Island Transfer related it seems)
Bug 2 : Station menu becomes unresponsive during very rapidly accepting Missions, requires opening of Engineers Page to force closing of Station Menu, works fine again afterwards

Universal Cartographics has always been ultra slow when sitting on many Pages. Maybe currently a tad worse than in the past though, gotta say that.
I remember wanting to manually sell ELW 1st Discovery Systems separately and getting through 32 Pages of Data took well over an hour due to the massive lag for the next Page to display.
I've seen the first two, as you say it's during multiple rapid transactions & I can forgive this under the circumstances because the first bug works as a feature.

Universal cartographics is just another framerate dependant issue, ime it doesn't seem to be network restricted but it is a non-urgent transaction so it may be de-prioritied compared to more urgent stuff like hosting an instance.

I've seen the first two, as you say it's during multiple rapid transactions & I can forgive this under the circumstances because the first bug works as a feature.

Universal cartographics is just another framerate dependant issue, ime it doesn't seem to be network restricted but it is a non-urgent transaction so it may be de-prioritied compared to more urgent stuff like hosting an instance.
Why would anyone tie UC Sales to Framerate (???)
That'd be the most unneeded and weird coding I'd have seen in decades. A few things in Gaming benefit from FPS sync - selling UC Data in this game however is clearly not amongst them.

Can't say for today but past few days were no issues for me. Been doing commodity market trade runs, buy low, sell high. Rinse and repeat. Occasionally I checked Cartographics and mission boards to see if there's anything more valuable than my loop. Not even a slight hiccup on my end.

Top Bottom