[Information] The Galactic Mapping Project & Expedition Hub

Name:Perilous Partner
Game map search ref:WHAMBIO RC-U D3-6905
Description:A Ringed Earth-Like World with 2 landable moons sharing an orbit/orbiting a Class 2 Ringed Gas Giant
Screenshot Reference:

Last edited:
"The Five in One" - Flyooe Pri FH-V b48-2

On its own, none of the systems here are particularly interesting, but what is unusual is the number and type of bodies here. Normally 38 bodies would see gas giants and plenty of tiny moons, but here there are five stars, each with its own system of planets and not a single gas giant in sight. Pretty, not especially - an unusual curiosity, certainly.

A few questions regarding submissions:

I'm out in the black with DW2 and have discovered a lot of interesting places so far, tons of water worlds and some earth like's and Ammonia worlds.
But I wanted to ask about two of my discoveries as I'm not so sure about these:

1) Found a giant Ammonia World at 203,5 earthmasses and a radius of 28,819 km (ref. system map). I have never found any AMW near this size before and would think it might be a worthy POI to submit?

2) Also had a strange and almost surreal discovery as I came a across a cluster of 14 neighbouring systems containing 50 Helium Rich Gas Giants. One of the systems contained 9 helium rich bodies. I've been exploring for some years now and prior to this I have never discovered a single HRGG, so they seems to be hard to find.
I was super excited after finding my first HRGG, but finding 50 of these in the same area, was just unbelievable.

What's the forum's thought about this? Should I report it? :)

Last edited:
Name:Big Brothers
Game map search ref:Pyeuefoea Ku-K C10-0 A 1&2
Description:Two HMCs of nearly identical makeup about 0.85ls apart from one another. With the exception of a few minor differences, these two landable planets orbitting each other are almost exactly alike. As the second image shows, even the materials are almost the same on both. Bottom three on 1 are Niobium 1.5%, Tin 1.4%, Ruthenium 1.3% and bottom three on 2 are Molybdenum 1.4%, Ruthenium 1.3%, Tungsten 1.2%
Screenshot reference:

As a suggestion (that I know nobody asked for), why not put a like on the posts you've processed? I do the same for my lists, and it has worked quite well, since the forum does send notifications to users when somebody likes their post. As an added bonus, it's a little way of thanking people as well.

one more question, where is the map update posts? is it on the front page of EDSM?
Nope, they're posted in this thread when they happen.

@ xhaler: I'm not a member of the GMP team, so don't take this as an "official" answer, just some facts about the ED's galaxy. Your ammonia world is heavy, but the heaviest one found to date has 824 Earth masses (see here), so it's not a record holder. As for HRGGs, as far as I know, they do tend to cluster, so that's not unusual: however, there are people who are doing surveys on them, and I think they could probably use your data. You might want to look Satsuma up.

Last edited:
@ xhaler: I'm not a member of the GMP team, so don't take this as an "official" answer, just some facts about the ED's galaxy. Your ammonia world is heavy, but the heaviest one found to date has 824 Earth masses (see here), so it's not a record holder. As for HRGGs, as far as I know, they do tend to cluster, so that's not unusual: however, there are people who are doing surveys on them, and I think they could probably use your data. You might want to look Satsuma up.
Thanks for the info, Marx! Will do! (holy smoke, 824....that's huge!)

Name:Water inbetween
Game map search ref:Cyoageou GZ-M d8-90
Description:A system with a class III gas giant orbited by a WW between two ring systems and a class I gas giant. It has a binary AW as well.

NameFrozen Tides
SystemHypuae Briae YQ-Z c28-339
Body7 A
DescriptionTucked away in the almost permanent shadow of a Class III gas giant, nestled in the Morphennial Nebula is this frozen ice world. At first glance unremarkable but a closer look reveals some astonishing geographical features. The vast ice fields looks like a frozen ocean with a tidal wave inbound frozen in place.

NameRoche's planet
LocationPhroi Bluae YH-J B39-134 2 A
DescriptionA rocky ice world orbiting a gas giant with water based life right on the cusp of its icy rings, giving it a look similar to the silver highway before lighting changes broke the highway's majesty. The planet provides a breathtaking view of the gas giant's rings as they orbit around the gas giant, though the planet itself is fairly standard with water geysers and several mountain ranges.
Screenshots

Last edited:
NamePrae Flyi Deuce
LocationPrae Flyi JH-J B27-35 A 4 A and Prae Flyi JH-J B27-35 A 4 B
Description2 Icy bodies, outer blue and inner brown, orbiting a blue class 1 gas giant with their closest approach being only .13 Ls or 38.973 Mm apart from one another. The outer blue icy body orbits at a period of 1.4 days while the inner brown icy body orbits at a period of 1.0 days, making photo opportunities rare. However if one was to be patient enough, they could get a photo similar to that of old 21st century artistic interpretations of distant planetary systems.
Screenshots

Re-submitting this entry since it didn't properly follow the convention.

Name:Born to the Purple
Game map search ref:Vegnoae BA-A g8
Description:Class B Blue White Supergiant with intense shift into the purple spectrum colors all worlds in this system in shades of violet light
Screenshot reference:

This is a lovely system tinged with purple colors throughout due to the primary star as well as several t-tauri protostars reinforcing and enhancing the lighting.
There is a single landable body in the system. Slightly heavy gravity of 1.2G.
As for a name - the first thing that came to my mind when I noted the coloration of everything in the system was the title of an old Babylon 5 episode. "Born to the Purple". So if this is approved I suggest that as the name.

Last edited:
Name:The Gates of Tartarus
Game map search ref:Dryiquae IR-N e6-0
Description:Paired Neutron Stars With an S-Type Giant near the Phoenix Nebula. Several Landable planets
Screenshot reference:

Two Neutron Stars and an S-Type Giant framed by the Phoenix Nebula. I discovered this system because of a repair call (SEALS). I changed my route to assist but it turned out there were other CMDRs closer. I had already made the jump into this system and would've left without scanning if I hadn't stood down to let the others take the call. When I noticed my Codex chirping at me and investigated, I realized what a truly accidental SCORE I had stumbled into! (I don't have the name of the CMDR who placed the repair call yet. But his name in the Fleetcom Discord is "Chubby". I'd like him mentioned because without his call, I wouldn't have found this system!)

I am suggesting the name "Gates of Tartarus" because of the two "dead" stellar remnants and a third which is close to dying itself. I'm not sure if an S-type Giant turns into a Carbon star and then a White Dwarf. Or if it simply remains a carbon star. But whatever the nature of the end, it's coming soon (at least on the interstellar scale of time).

Suggestion for some flavor text:
The Gates of Tartarus - Two Neutron Stars - Stellar remnants - frame an S-Type Giant - a star in it's dying stage of life. Two spirits call to their brother to pass the threshold and join them in the land of the dead. Beyond lies the Phoenix nebula - the symbol of rebirth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom