I cannot log into my accounts

I have two PC accounts. With the latest update I got the main one working but the second one replies with "Invalid Credentials". Going for a forget password they moved me into the Frontier store where the password works but I still cannot access my Orca 10,000 LY from the bubble. Nor could I find your help desk on this new Forum. Awaiting a solution to fly my Orca.

Support should be able to fix it pretty quickly.
If support can accept my help desk but currently I'm not authorized and I don't know why.

For me I just want to fly my Orca around the galaxy but at the moment my username and password doesn't seen to work to access it. The latest response in Invalid Credentials.

Last edited:
I went for it and login in says that I am not authorized. Two PC accounts I've played for years and suddenly I cannot access the second account with the latest update.
When that happens it's because an email has been sent and you need to click on a link to activate it, you didn't get a message and email to that effect? Seems like a bug to me.

It is much worse. I cannot log into either of my PC accounts. Frontier help!
UPDATE: Reinstalled the launcher with no change. After an update I create EDLaunch01.exe and EDLaunch02.exe for both accounts. Still getting the Invalid Credentials message. Note both accounts work correctly art the Frontier Store just not the game. Since I cannot login I do not get the authorization email for each account. Finally managed to submit a help ticket. We'll see...

Last edited:
Do you know the 2 separate email addresses to log into the FD store for each account - and still have access to those email addresses?

Perhaps you could try logging into the store with one, and if it's not recognizing your password use the "Forgot Your Password?" link to reset it.
Once that's sorted you should then be able to log into the client for that account too. You might need to authorize the client, so get it to send an email and wait for the code to arrive with the client authorization window left open until you've entered the code.
Then repeat for the second game account.

(It's about to be a bank-holiday weekend in the UK so it's possible support might be more lightly staffed Friday thru Monday than usual.)

So...The main EDLaunch.exe (provided with the installer on the PC - NOT Steam) started working again and I could log into both accounts. Same usernames and passwords. I don't know why and with Forum, Google, Reddit and YouTube searches there are no answers as to why going back as far as 2015. Oh well.

I then created a EDLaunch01.exe for the main account and EDLaunch02.exe for the explorer account in the EDLaunch folder.. 01 main works while 02 explorer fails with invalid credentials. Still my last login with the main launcher was the explorer account and it works. For now I have EDLaunch01.exe for the main and EDLaunch.exe for the explorer.

I'm looking to get EDLaunch02.exe explorer working with the main launcher as a backup. It has worked with many previous updates. I also performed Validate Game Files and started with and without administer privileges. As both accounts are in the single ED game installation on the PC I doubt that I could fly both at the same time nor would I want to. I've never tried. Still close the launch window and start up another who knows?

I have a help ticket but thought to update this thread as the problem is resolved. Sometime in the future a player might search for the same problem. That helps them and maybe even the Help desk. A player probably won't have access to my help ticket and all of us players are pretty much constant Beta testers in this game. :)

The worry is that with the upcoming update this week we get to do this all over again. Welcome to Elite Dangerous.

Meanwhile Sir.TJ....Love 'ya and it is NOT your fault!

Regards to All

Last edited:
All mine work and I do pretty much the same as you. I rename the 2nd and 3rd launcher as Launcher2.exe and Launcher3.exe.

It is all working now. I ran the installer again.

Verified that EDLaunch.exe can login to both accounts.
Logged out of the EDLaunch.exe main account and created a EDLaunch01.exe copy.
Logged in to the main account and received a verification request.
Completed and EDLaunch01.exe logs into the main account.

Logged out of the EDLaunch01.exe main account and created a EDLaunch02.exe copy from EDLaunch01.exe.
Login to the explorer account failed with invalid credentials.
Completed the reset password process.
Logged in to the explorer account and received a verification request.
Completed and EDLaunch02.exe logs into the explorer account.
Repeated login to both accounts and they work correctly.
Trying to make 01 and 02 copies of the main EDLaunch.exe launcher only worked for 01 but not 02.

There were other failures such as the Play button wouldn't start the game on both accounts and the EDLaunch.exe failure after playing with the other two copies. Repeating the above process finally got both launchers working. Per the Help desk support it also seems the goal is to get the authorization token to recognize both launchers on one computer address without requesting a validation. With the last update there were updates to the launcher so Frontier will be checking this out.

Maybe the problem was with the Frontier store explorer password as it failed logging directly into the store. It seems that the store gets confused between the two accounts as I use the same password for both...more likely I'm the one confused. Once I got the store and the help desk logins to like me the game launchers started working.

Thanks to the Help desk (especially over the Easter weekend) for quickly assisting in getting these launchers to work. I hope that this thread helps another players in the future searching for a solution. The Forum has always been an asset versus so often used by others as a complaint department. Use it wisely.

Regards ro All

Last edited:
Just tried my Three accounts All working great. But I only use One launcher.
It is a convenience item with two shortcuts on the desktop that automatically login without entering the usernames and passwords Each launcher remembers the logins. Note flying two ships at the same time requires two separate installations of ED on the computer. As I have my "bubble" main account and my separate explorer account I have no need for this.

Last edited:
It is a convenience item with two shortcuts on the desktop that automatically login without entering the usernames and passwords Each launcher remembers the logins. Note flying two ships at the same time requires two separate installations of ED on the computer. As I have my "bubble" main account and my separate explorer account I have no need for this.
Well I never needed to run multiple accounts at the same time. But I like the idea to be able to hit a launcher rename them to the Commander name and launch. I going to have to look into that.

Top Bottom