Hunger, thirst, sleep needs for CMDRs

Can we say Replicator? :eek:

Here what I thinking. They are going to wait on landing on ELW or Water Worlds for anything like buying or capturing food.

Wow, someone suggested that?
Yeah a while back somebody on the forums suggested that would add to their 'i' word. Watching cranes and stuff load cargo.
If I wanted to see that I'd sit outside a building site.
There's an alpha-state game called Rogue System that's actual-sim level in terms of ship operation. IDK how hardcore they're going with pilot needs but it'd be a perfect fit for the level of detail they're going for.

Well I've visited Jacques several times, but I've never had a drink yet....
Eating/drinking is more a feature of the games that use subjective time - is actual playing time, rather than those where the clock continues independently of player time.

We'd run into difficulties modelling my trip round the galaxy (several months' trip) and the quantity of food supplies needed.
Consider it as "one of those things"...

There's an alpha-state game called Rogue System that's actual-sim level in terms of ship operation. IDK how hardcore they're going with pilot needs but it'd be a perfect fit for the level of detail they're going for.
All of watch sounds like watching paint dry to me.

After playing Elite Dangerous for several months, I realized that the game is missing a few features that really break my immersion. My CMDR needs to have physical needs, he is not some invincible android who plugs in to the nearest ship's electrical socket. We really need a realistic system for CMDR hunger, thirst, and sleep. I envision "Restaurants" being added to every station, where the CMDR may stop to eat and drink periodically, and CMDRs should have to stock up on food/water rations. Hunger and thirst should induce delirium, hallucinations, blurred vision, and CMDRs death/random passing out. CMDRs should also be required to spend 25% of their time in ED sleeping.

I'm not tremendously serious, but I bet this is gonna be an awesome conversation.
No.

This whole thing is giving me flashbacks to GTA: San Andreas and failing a fire truck challenge because I forgot to get CJ to eat so he passed out and drove the fire truck into a lake.

Lore wise I seem to recall something about ships being fitted with 'waste to paste' for nutrition. I sure it's just as foul as it sounds.

Seriously though: why simulate eating drinking sleeping and going to the bathroom? Presumably everyone playing the game already has to do these things so we’re already getting this part of the simulation “for free”. I can see it in a survival type game where these resources and opportunities are scarce but a spaceship is already a flying toilet-kitchen-bedroom combo anyway

You know Here another idea. Suggest a function to add Ad on. If they walking Updates. That will not affect the game. It will be the third party add on like Voice Attack.

Becaus tedious non-gameplay meter managing worked out in so many games. Like in...I don't know. None come to mind, but I'm sure there are some.

Top Bottom