Griefers at the Engineers

I have visited a few different engineers in OPEN and had a few different experiences, to be honest it can be fun. either trying to get away to get to the planet a.s.a.p.
I tent to only use a PG or SOLO when the networking is letting me down. I have had timeout errors jumping in and dropping out of supercruise.

and yes I have lost ships in the process. the time of day and day you visit does make a difference :)

I have visited a few different engineers in OPEN and had a few different experiences, to be honest it can be fun. either trying to get away to get to the planet a.s.a.p.
I tent to only use a PG or SOLO when the networking is letting me down. I have had timeout errors jumping in and dropping out of supercruise.

and yes I have lost ships in the process. the time of day and day you visit does make a difference :)
When I used to play Ultima Online I'd leave the PK hotspots at 3:00 PM.
Ten minutes later and dead people would start showing up in town.

Gotta know when school lets out in your community. :D

I've occasionally forgotten to switch to solo/private when I go and see an engineer, which is less necessary since the remote workshops were added and I just need to pin a blueprint and call it a day aside from the relatively marginal benefits of experimentals, but I did a tour of a few of them recently.
Selene jean? Nada. Lei Chung? Zilch. Zac Nemo? Crickets.
The dweller? Nearly always has someone hanging around in supercruise with a 'dictor fitted. Farseer likewise. Tod Mckinnon, it's been a while but I've seen people there.

The first-tier engineers are the first stop to find people who's ships aren't fully fitted out and engineered yet if they're experienced players, and aren't engineered at all for newbies, and there are fewer white-knight PvPers than places like Eravate. If you go looking for a soft target outside Nemo's, on the other hand, you're asking for a salvo of frags to the face.

The Replicated Man

T
OP If you want to see some justice done to Deciat Gankers(Beluga and Conda), check out my video. The video starts where my wingmates and I chased 2 Gankers (Wanted with over 100 million bounty) who were doing EXACTLY this to people at Farseer base. We killed one of them in Deciat and they ran to Eravate to Gank, where we killed them again. I believe they gave up and logged out shortly afterwards.

Source: https://youtu.be/E3V3OVEE95o

ages ago, when I got my first invite... I thought it was a trap. I didn't know engineers existed back then, I thought the engineer was the problem.

The only thing the security levels really mean is the response time of the NPC authority. Just like in real-life, when every second counts, help is at least minutes away.

Security levels can't really mean much more than that until there is some significant NPC persistence.

There needs to be bad guys, whether NPC or CMDR, and these battles need to be tough.
The NPC side of that coin needs some work...
]Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRLnuot-4W4

That's one of the more difficult 'non-optional' (and only non-optional because I wasn't actively avoiding it) PvE combat encounters one can find in the game currently. The more difficult foes are Spec Ops, wing assassination targets, or ATR and one has to go out of their way to be engaged by any of them.

While I definitely think C&P still needs a lot of work, I'm not going to complain much about the content belligerent CMDRs provide as long as the stuff like the above is the main alternative, where I have to handicap myself and my CMDR to a comical degree in order to feel threatened.

Actually, I thought that it had improved since the discussion moved away from flaunted block lists and righteous indignation that one could face human adversity in open...
I think he's upset that it's no longer about him.

^---- I love being evil on the forums where the bad guys cannot get me.

[does a happy dance]

OP If you want to see some justice done to Deciat Gankers(Beluga and Conda), check out my video. The video starts where my wingmates and I chased 2 Gankers (Wanted with over 100 million bounty) who were doing EXACTLY this to people at Farseer base. We killed one of them in Deciat and they ran to Eravate to Gank, where we killed them again. I believe they gave up and logged out shortly afterwards.

Lovely video!!! Nice fights!! You're a worthy successor of J.J. Abrams with this twist at 2:40! :)

This is exactly the beauty of Elite Dangerous! A fine dogfighting somewhere deep in the void. Not sneaking up upon some freshmen.

Thanks for sharing. Do more! I've subbed. :)

The Replicated Man

T
Lovely video!!! Nice fights!! You're a worthy successor of J.J. Abrams with this twist at 2:40! :)

This is exactly the beauty of Elite Dangerous! A fine dogfighting somewhere deep in the void. Not sneaking up upon some freshmen.

Thanks for sharing. Do more! I've subbed. :)
Thank you CMDR :)

Another beautiful PvP - starring Cmdr Threeofnine & ganker! :D

This one was uploaded few days ago. There are so many good PvPers out there...

Griefers are always a pack of lazy potatoes, as it's almost no effort to camp at engineer base awaiting unexperienced players. It takes some effort to call out a PvP event with fellow PvPers, post some shouts about it on the forums, figure out the schedule, the prizes etc.

Anyways, very cool PvP skills:

You people are insane, its been days since we ganked this gunston guy and you are still going at it on the forums..... in the bigger scheme of things, what's worse ? People killing people in a game, or grown men arguing with eachother on the internet over a game ?
Y'all need to grow the F up.
Peace
...says the guy who uses slang from twenty years ago.

This is truly good stuff (besides the music :p), almost as if the game would work like intended! :D
Makes me dreaming...

Last edited:

The Replicated Man

T
Another beautiful PvP - starring Cmdr Threeofnine & ganker! :D

This one was uploaded few days ago. There are so many good PvPers out there...

Griefers are always a pack of lazy potatoes, as it's almost no effort to camp at engineer base awaiting unexperienced players. It takes some effort to call out a PvP event with fellow PvPers, post some shouts about it on the forums, figure out the schedule, the prizes etc.

Anyways, very cool PvP skills:

I know threeofnine quite well! Good fellow. Just hasn't been playing much these days :D

His videos are always entertaining

Top Bottom