Generic Biome and Background

It would be great to have a completely flat biome with no hills in the background with nothing but sky or water to the horizon.

Sorry, I don't agree.

I have played a Theme Park style game that was just that - completely flat and when you looked at eye level you would see nothing in the distance and it looked horrible. You ended placing trees and bushes all around (or making hills) so that you didn't feel so exposed. It felt very unnatural.

I like PC's backdrops as they are (perhaps a city skyline and an island (with distant islands with volcanoes etc) would be good)

I have played a Theme Park style game that was just that - completely flat and when you looked at eye level you would see nothing in the distance and it looked horrible.
What game is that?? You mean RCT Classic? Lots of people want a full ocean biome and/or space biome...

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/30107-Scenario-Editor-Park-Skirts-!

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/29462-Scenario-Editor-Land-Shapes-and-Purchasing-Property

many players wish the water could go the full view distance, or at least much farther back like it did in RCT3

and this^ is Rct3

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't agree.

I have played a Theme Park style game that was just that - completely flat and when you looked at eye level you would see nothing in the distance and it looked horrible. You ended placing trees and bushes all around (or making hills) so that you didn't feel so exposed. It felt very unnatural.

I like PC's backdrops as they are (perhaps a city skyline and an island (with distant islands with volcanoes etc) would be good)
I live in Northern Germany. There, we don't have any hills and mountains. Just flat landscapes and the ocean. For me, that feels very natural. ;)
And I miss those kind of landscapes in PlaCo. Flat landscape with an ocean and maybe a seaside town (like in RCT3).

I add my vote for an ocean biome. I am hoping to build on rocks in the middle of an ocean without visible shore anywhere else. It would be good to be able to use the rough water texture also in the park domain (the edge of the park should be perfectly horizontal).

I too would love this. Heck I’d even take the grassland biome and be able to change the grass texture on the skirt to what you want.

This really doesn't need to be a tricky thing to implement either. Just a map that's all ocean with a tiny bit of land above water for the spawn point. We can then build extra land as we wish.

The funny thing is, they put so much effort in to the vintage pack in order to add variety to the types of park we can build. But an ocean biome would in a single stroke totally change the nature of parks we can build! And finally the ability to build a realistic pier/boardwalk based amusement park.

Frontier... Easy change = massive result. This one should be an easy decision [yesnod]

Top Bottom