Frustration Overload

Come on FDev, sort this out.

We were promised great things wtih Chapter 4. But so far all I'm getting is random crashes, and half-finished functionality (cough cough...CODEX!)

Don't get me wrong......I love the game, the lore, the styling, the over all mechanics.
I like what you've done with the Exploration mechanics (exploring is my thing)

But, I'm starting to get really fed up with the random bugs that seem to appear, the fact that it sometimes takes 3 or more attempts to even get the game to connect.

Whilst it was great that you did period of open beta testing for the PC users. What about the console users? I can't help but feel that the console users are seen like the embarrassing ginger gropey uncle (apologies for any ginger gropey uncles who may be reading this) and ther was no real beta testing for those platforms.

It all seems a bit rushed if I'm totally honest, tight deadlines etc (may explain why Megaships didn't make into this update.)

For example, during a 2 hours session this evening, I experienced the following:

• System maps not displaying properly - stars all appears as black , with just the solar flares/corona appear coloured
  • Unable to access system or galaxy maps - This seems to happen if I enter the codex direct from the FSS
  • Loss of controller - Again, this seems to happen every so often as I drop out of Hyperspace after using the FSS for a period of time.
  • When filtering Squadron messages on the Comms panel, if you select more than one filter (ie you want to see internal and public statements) NOTHING will get displayed
  • When viewing a Squadron message from the Squadron TAB (on the Comms panel) you don't see the Cmdr name / PSN ID....instead you get something along the lines of @PSN:9898874177471
Only option with the mapping and controller issue, was to exit out of to the main menu and log back in again......however it took me three attempts wihtout succces.. I then came out of the game completely, and was then finally able to connect (though the mapping problem persists)

To be fair, this has been the typical experience since the update.

Come on FDev....show some love for the console users, and get these issues sorted quickly

Last edited by a moderator:
have you tried material trading yet - that's fun! It chooses random numbers when you try trading you have to fiddle with - more clickbait time....

I only got 2 controller not responding moments during at 15000 light year trip both were after using the FSS.

Welcome to the party, BazingaSmith. I overloaded on frustration about a year ago. Now, I'm just a madman wearing these foolish glasses in attempt to make the game look better on my PS4...

As for sorting issues "quickly", glaciers are thawing quicker than Frontier fixes console bugs, I'm afraid :(

I blame playstation for the blue screen crashes since no matter what I play or do on ps4 I still get blue screen crashes.

My daily blue screen crashes aren't THAT severe so your situation is bizarre for whatever reason. Best of luck and still.. Blue screen crashes has nothing to do with Fdev as everyone on PSN suffers from it which is why sony constantly releases "System Performance" updates.

My daily blue screen crashes aren't THAT severe so your situation is bizarre for whatever reason. Best of luck and still.. Blue screen crashes has nothing to do with Fdev as everyone on PSN suffers from it which is why sony constantly releases "System Performance" updates.
I can't play Elite at all and all my other games work fine.
PC players are having crashes too.
Elite crashes my console to shutdown, or bluescreeens immediately.

Played pretty much all day Friday - had the controller not responding issue when I drop into some government statistics station.

Logged out then back in and it was fine.

No graphic issues that I can see.

I think we have three minor patch updates after every point release but I suspect now there won't be anything until after Xmas. People will have been working hard to get this out before the break, so I expect Frontier being a company that's good to their employees won't be pulling a Rock Star before the end of term...

I think we have three minor patch updates after every point release but I suspect now there won't be anything until after Xmas. People will have been working hard to get this out before the break, so I expect Frontier being a company that's good to their employees won't be pulling a Rock Star before the end of term...
Speaking of, if RDR2 goes on Christmas sale then Frontier can take their time ;)

Continuous Disconnection

Well I was planning on coming back to this great game for Christmas, but recently the game has become frustrating experience with consistent disconnection.

Getting consistent message
" Could not Connect to the adjudication server. Press OK to return to the main menu" for every 2nd or 3rd jump. Well if this continuous, I guess I have to go for some other game for Christmas.

If anyone has any solution or recommendation please do share.

Every game on my ps4 works perfectly except elite. It loads fine and performs fine until I press start. The game begins loading my save, then,CRASH! Started a new commander and game works fine. So in this instance, it is not Sony! The issue many of us are having is with loading our save data, which is housed on FDev servers! It would be much easier for FDev if those of you who do not have this problem would just not comment. Its really not helpful for our blood pressure to hear that you are able to play and we cant. And its needless commentary that FDev has to sort through to understand the issue... So please shhhhhhhhhh...

Every game on my ps4 works perfectly except elite. It loads fine and performs fine until I press start. The game begins loading my save, then,CRASH! Started a new commander and game works fine. So in this instance, it is not Sony! The issue many of us are having is with loading our save data, which is housed on FDev servers! It would be much easier for FDev if those of you who do not have this problem would just not comment. Its really not helpful for our blood pressure to hear that you are able to play and we cant. And its needless commentary that FDev has to sort through to understand the issue... So please shhhhhhhhhh...
I'm sure FDev is already aware of this problem. :D Haven't been able to play since friday due to this authencication problem. Blue never was my favorite colour anyway.

Last edited:

So that's what's missing?

:D

Back to work!

Last edited:
Top Bottom