Forсing players to visit colonia engineers it is oppression

My point is about to bad to force player to do activity what he don't want.
And your point is this player is lazy, or want more than others.
But may be enough that Professor Palin exists?
What you will lose if players like me will have not to visit Colonia?

But you are not being forced, @Barlog M. , it is only that you desire something but are unable to extend yourself to get it, the folk who have made Colonia their 'home' worked very hard to bring their engineers skills up, they all had to fly out there to begin with, and previously would need to fly back to the bubble for modules they didn't have pinned...

Sadly the bubble engineers were pre-seeded by the Devs and had no progression line. If you are desperate for such a minor upgrade you will force yourself to make the trip, or not, but whichever path you choose it will be voluntary - the game itself does not care, only you do.

Dude, no one in life can force you to do anything you don't agree to.

I'm kind of looking forward to the trip out to Colonia at some point. Not going to do it until I am in the mood, but I'm planning ahead for the trip. Already set a series of bookmarks for the route I want to take, got a ship all setup for it, etc.

I don't feel compelled to do it "right now" and I certainly don't feel that I'm being oppressed by the fact there are 2 modules among the zillion modules in the game that I can't engineer to as high of a grade until I make the trip. If anything, I appreciate that the game encourages me through this whole engineering process to do things I might otherwise not have done....while not forcing me to do any of those things "right now" if I don't want to.

I don't understand you at all.

1. In game present SCB module.
2. In game present process of engineering for this modules.
3. In game present two high level engineers who can engineer this module.
4. One of this engineers is accessed by fighting, one by pressing one button many times in row (you call this flying).
5. But one engineer can upgrade module by one level high.

If it is not a forcing to fly instead a play than what is it?

Dude, what is your fricken deal?
You play a game that has whole Milky Way Galaxy represented and keep whining that there's a reason to go somewhere in that Galaxy other than sightseeing.
It so happens that the price associated with upgrades you mentioned includes long (and to you and many others also boring) travel.

Maybe play Arena mode instead. You will not have to hyperjump anywhere, while still playing spaceship game. Or play something else, because obviously you don't like basic premise of this game.

4. One of this engineers is accessed by fighting, one by pressing one button many times in row (you call this flying).

Force, noun:
coercion or compulsion, especially with the use or threat of violence.

My main combat ship is an FDL and it is fitted with 2 SCB's....they work pretty darn well even without that one higher grade of engineering. I do not feel at all compelled to rush to out to Colonia in order to finish engineering it. I will some day, but I certainly don't feel forced to.

Playing any game with the mindset of "must have the best right now" is never a good idea in my mind. Means you focus so hard on that goal you don't enjoy the journey getting there.

And any other action you take playing this game is pressing a button many times in a row :)

Colonia isn't a long trip, your 'bubble taxi' with some of the tat removed and an AFMU installed can make the trip, using the neutron highway, in a couple of hours of just jumping, or you could make a real trip out of it and do some sightseeing on the way to break the monotony of just jumping.
There are also some very respected Combat pilots having their home in Colonia, maybe having a chat with some of them might provide some suggestions to take the sting of travelling what is, for you, a long distance. (no disrespect there, if you do not regularly travel on long journeys it can seem daunting)

Are you still plugging away at this, mate? For heaven's sake. If you want anything, you have to work for it. Fight for this, deliver cigars for that, travel to Colonia for the other. You have a choice: do you want the thing enough to work for it? Or do you not? Simple decision, yes or no, and then get on with your life. Just don't moan because everything isn't handed to you for free. If you think that's oppression, having a free choice in a video game, then dude, I worry for you surviving in the outside world.

Plus, as others have said, if you put as much effort into just playing the game you're whingeing about, as you've put into this thread, you could easily have reached Colonia by now.

Nothing out there is really enough to make or break you, if you ask me.
I have to think he hasn't actually looked at the numerical difference between the G3 and G4 upgrade to those SCB's and thinks it is a significantly bigger difference than it really is.

Heck...I'm more interested in the better Life Support upgrade that's out there, numerically it's a larger difference so for me that makes it more enticing.

The Galaxy of Elite is huge. I understand. What i don't understend why i should traveling literraly days if i don't want? It is revenge from game designers to players? But for what? It's about exclusive updates of colonia engineers. I must fly week of my real life, just fly, not play, to get update. This fact makes me sad.
You can't be serious? No way?

OH! Wait...
You are.

Geez - no one is forcing you to do anything. ED is a game. Do what you want. If you don't like it enough then don't play it.

I been playing the darn thing for 4 years. Neve been to colonia and never will. Don't care if they gave away a Super Vette that could one shot a Cutter and 5 more right behind it all at the same time.

Not goin' to Colonia. Not worth my time or effort.

There - see how easy it is to decide not to do something you don't wanna' do.

Now, go take a chill pill, grab a beer, yur wife, your girlfriend or both and go find something fun you do wanna do.

1. Yes there is, not a module I am interested in using at all but it is there in the list of Optional modules.
  2. I agree with this point as well.
  3. Three engineers in total but yes only two that can take it to a high grade.
  4. One of the high level engineers requires you to gain an Elite rank to reach them and repeatedly pull a trigger thousands of times to gain a combat rank, the other requires a journey of 100+ jumps involving button pushes to get to them in addition to gaining an invitation and handing in bounty vouchers.
  5. Yes amazingly the different engineers have different skill levels.
It is offering you a choice of ingame activities which will provide a marginal difference in capability depending which choice you make. The thing is you have a choice.

The only force is from your wish to have the marginal gain provided by the higher level of engineering of this optional module.

Do you call bubble taxi an explorer ship? I'm confused. https://s.orbis.zone/2tzm
You can compare number of grade 5 engineered modules with this typical PvE build https://s.orbis.zone/2s10
Well I could post my combat Cutter which has as many mods as that, which I built as well as the two explorers I mentioned earlier (which aren't 'bubble taxis' incidentally, that would be a stripped down Hauler or maybe a DBX) and my equally well-equipped FDL, but carry on. I'll be over here.

:D

As regards 'forced', you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

You can't be serious? No way?

OH! Wait...
You are.

Geez - no one is forcing you to do anything. ED is a game. Do what you want. If you don't like it enough then don't play it.

I been playing the darn thing for 4 years. Neve been to colonia and never will. Don't care if they gave away a Super Vette that could one shot a Cutter and 5 more right behind it all at the same time.

Not goin' to Colonia. Not worth my time or effort.

There - see how easy it is to decide not to do something you don't wanna' do.

Now, go take a chill pill, grab a beer, yur wife, your girlfriend or both and go find something fun you do wanna do.
B-but we have free drinks!

Top Bottom