Forсing players to visit colonia engineers it is oppression

I like the idea. I think there should be some positive upgrades (especially on experimentals) that youd have to travel across the galaxy for. For high level players and completionists, this would be very rewarding. It can be frustrating to know that any schmuck can build your ship with minimal effort, so you have to incorporate a challenge to keep that type of player engaged.

I like the idea. I think there should be some positive upgrades (especially on experimentals) that youd have to travel across the galaxy for. For high level players and completionists, this would be very rewarding. It can be frustrating to know that any schmuck can build your ship with minimal effort, so you have to incorporate a challenge to keep that type of player engaged.
Minimal effort? You, explorers, never engineering anything than FSD, tells me about effort?

The Galaxy of Elite is huge. I understand. What i don't understend why i should traveling literraly days if i don't want? It is revenge from game designers to players? But for what? It's about exclusive updates of colonia engineers. I must fly week of my real life, just fly, not play, to get update. This fact makes me sad.
It's optional, I've managed to get by just fine with out them. If you don't want to go through the journey for them don't.

If you honestly think explorers never engineer anything other than FSDs you're off your head mate. Explorers run some of the most highly engineered ships in the game. Literally every single item of gear on my exploration Anaconda and Asp is engineered.
Suspect OP thinks Engineering means “combat tuning” and nothing else.

If you honestly think explorers never engineer anything other than FSDs you're off your head mate. Explorers run some of the most highly engineered ships in the game. Literally every single item of gear on my exploration Anaconda and Asp is engineered.
Shhh... you're giving our secrets away, red :D

But to travel out 16KLy to get a module wouldn't be considered a punishment by those same explorers, why it is just like popping to the local shops...

Minimal effort? You, explorers, never engineering anything than FSD, tells me about effort?
Wow you really don't know anything about Explorers. There 2 types of explores. One that wants to reach the farthest point while others want to collect the most credits. Which require two different types of builds.

Suspect OP thinks Engineering means “combat tuning” and nothing else.
Indeed. Not, for example, the very fine balancing act between cutting mass whilst retaining performance. Nothing like the moment of joy when you realise you can drop your power distributor down by two classes to save mass and still be able to boost for fast travel across planetary surfaces by sticking a grade 5 engine-focused mod on it, in the process freeing up enough power that you can also drop your power plant down by one class and only have to overcharge it slightly to still give you enough juice (after setting priorities so that half your gear is powered down unless it's actually in use), meaning that you don't pay a significant heat penalty.

But yeah herp derp I'll just do my FSD and something something explorers :D

Indeed. Not, for example, the very fine balancing act between cutting mass whilst retaining performance. Nothing like the moment of joy when you realise you can drop your power distributor down by two classes to save mass and still be able to boost for fast travel across planetary surfaces by sticking a grade 5 engine-focused mod on it, in the process freeing up enough power that you can also drop your power plant down by one class and only have to overcharge it slightly to still give you enough juice (after setting priorities so that half your gear is powered down unless it's actually in use), meaning that you don't pay a significant heat penalty.

But yeah herp derp I'll just do my FSD and something something explorers :D
I can only upvote you once. I regret this.

Top Bottom